• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are y'all ready for kwikrnu's open carry visit to the legislature?

wrightme

I do believe that this is the exact point he is trying to get across.... If no laws are broken why should the police or anyone else for that matter, look at him twice?

How can acting in a legal manner be provocative ? To me, It cant be and should never be considered that way.

Our Country was founded by a bunch of rugged, free minded individuals who vehemently believed in freedom, I wonder how they would view this Gentleman (Kwik)
Yet the salient point (which you are sidestepping) is that he had to 'up' his game to actually be noticed. In other words, when he simply carried, he wasn't getting the "unwanted" attention that he desired. Yes, that IS an oxymoron in action. He wasn't getting attention simply exercising his Right. So, he made it attention-getting.

ManInBlack

You have a better chance of blending in with the rest of the crowd and being perceived as a police officer if you wear a glock 17 with a retention holster, than if you were to go out wearing an AK-47 pistol on your back. That's just retarded.

Why would I want to be perceived as a police officer when I am not one? I want to be perceived only as a law-abiding, armed citizen, nothing less, nothing more.

ManInBlack

Just because you have a right to do something doesn't give you the right to abuse it.

Exercising a right cannot be, by definition, abusing it. If one has a right to open carry a legal firearm, than his choice to open carry any LEGAL FIREARM is not abuse.

ManInBlack

Exactly. The only point this guy is trying to prove is how dangerous and alarming one individual can become before the police finally put a stop to it. I don't know if any of you read those news articles, but the state of Tennessee revoked his license. He's already lost his privilege to carry his pistol concealed. Don't you think that's dangerous enough?

What if this guy snaps because of what his state done to him? You never know.. Don't Trust Anyone!

I think the point he is trying to make is that as long as he is LEGAL, the police have no business hassling him - the same point many of us make on this forum day in and day out.

I really don't care if the state of Tennessee has revoked his concealed carry permit. The only reason they were able to do that is because Tennessee, unlike free states, allows law enforcement to use their subjective opinions, rather than the law, to approve/deny permits. Possessing a concealed carry permit does not automatically make one more-qualified to carry a weapon. There are plenty of us who open carry without permits, and there are plenty of criminals who would not even be able to legally possess a firearm, let alone carry it, yet do so anyway. Possession of a government-issued piece of paper means absolutely zero to me.

"What if this guy snaps" - complete red herring and the same type of argument the anti-gunners use. NEWSFLASH: Anyone can snap at any time for any reason, although 99.9999% of the population never will. For the other .0001%, well, that is why we carry.

"Don't Trust Anyone" - a fairly misanthropic sentiment but I would say it is safe to apply to those who I don't know...again, this is why we carry.

I suggest closing your mouth and opening your ears and eyes. Do a little learning before you continue to embarrass yourself. Finally, give liberty a try - you may find you like the flavor.

RussP

I think the point he is trying to make is that as long as he is LEGAL, the police have no business hassling him - the same point many of us make on this forum day in and day out.
Actually, Leonard point is that he is seeking, soliciting a confrontation with law enforcement that will result in his arrest, a lawsuit, and a check. He has said that in several posts.

He's stated he is out to change bad carry laws. When asked what bad carry law he wants changed in Kentucky, he had no answer.

Someone said earlier the best thing that could happen is that law enforcement ignores him. That is what they did when he carried his Draco on MARTA and to a restaurant in the Atlanta airport - no hassles.

Kentucky law enforcement agencies know of his plans and have seen photos of his planned attire. It should be interesting.

ManInBlack

Actually, Leonard point is that he is seeking, soliciting a confrontation with law enforcement that will result in his arrest, a lawsuit, and a check...

...which can only happen if the police illegally violate his right to carry a legal handgun. Just like they tell us mere serfs, "if you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about."

John Canuck

I suggest closing your mouth and opening your ears and eyes. Do a little learning before you continue to embarrass yourself. Finally, give liberty a try - you may find you like the flavor.

^ this and some other good points. I suspect you are about to be called a childish name, unless, .... well I guess we will see.

oak1971

It amazing how the subject divides us. Somewhere an anti gun statist is laughing. I think Kwick may have gone off the deep end a bit, but one mans madman may be another mans genius. Why we are fighting over it is mystery.

DrakeZ07

It amazing how the subject divides us. Somewhere an anti gun statist is laughing. I think Kwick may have gone off the deep end a bit, but one mans madman may be another mans genius. Why we are fighting over it is mystery.

In the words of a vendor at Knob Creek who was selling a Semi-auto M249 SAW, when I asked him why he made the conversion, his answer applies to why the in-fighting. "Because I can".

Let's just drop the topic, and go about our lives, eh? surely we can do something more constructive than bickering and chocking each other over what may or may not be a stupid part on someones case.

Also, I don't keep up with basket ball, I just remember SC winning a few games against UK a while back.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
There is only one reason why this moron is coming to Kentucky, and that is because he can no longer carry in his own state. In TN, you must have a license to carry openly or concealed, which is draconian, I admit, but when he admits he is doing what he is to get arrested, and then sue, then how childish is that? Let me just say that I fully support carrying any d$mn gun you want to, and Ky law allows just that!. If we was to have a catastrophic event happen, it will be nice knowing I can walk down the crime ridden streets with my AR hanging from it's single-point. Now having said that, let me state that Kentucky has no restrictions on openly carried firearms, other than school property of course. We have been able to openly carry since statehood, and we have had people work very hard to have what little firearm restrictions we had removed. In ky, law enforcement pay gun carriers no attention, especially at our state Capitol. Kentucky law protects us gun carriers, and law enforcement can't even disarm us unless they have RAS that we have or was about to commit a crime, or were carrying a stolen firearm. The point here is that gun laws are in our favor in this state, and we don't need an outsider trying to mess that up! Seems that we have received the short end of the stick, because we are the most open carry friendly state in the union, and we are the closest to kwiknru! If he wants to make a statement like he says, he needs to visit a state that actually forbids your right to bear arms, not one that protects that right like no other, because he is wasting his time coming here, and making himself look childish!. I will set back and take the criticism now, because it's easy to do when it isn't your home state this guy is traveling to.

keltec

Why would I want to be perceived as a police officer when I am not one? I want to be perceived only as a law-abiding, armed citizen, nothing less, nothing more.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack and inappropriate

keltec

Since that is from the Hawaii Revised Statutes it only applies in Hawaii. Hawaii is a very long way from Ky. Here in the Commonwealth that definition does not apply. It would apply if Kwikrnu decides to take his act to Hawaii.

Are you ok? I was merely ATTEMPTING to prove to you ignorant beings there is such thing as "assault" rifles.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Don't you all just love when the anti's find there way here from msnbc and try to convince us their right and we are wrong? I own AR's, AK's, a SAIGA 12. And never once have I held an assault rifle!! We aren't average citizens that can be scared with the word "assault". You would be more apt to find someone that agrees with your wording of sporting rifles on the Brady bunch website.

wrightme

there is such thing as "assault" rifles.

Statute definitions don't count in support of that claim. Further, many persons here know that there is such a thing as 'assault rifle.' In fact, at least one person has posted the accurate information.

It wasn't you posting accurate information. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MKEgal

MIB said:
Why would I want to be perceived as a police officer when I am not one?
I want to be perceived only as a law-abiding, armed citizen, nothing less, nothing more.
keltec said:
The question should be: "why wouldn't you want to be perceived as a police officer?"
Read the second sentence.
He wants to be seen as himself, not mistaken for someone else.

Apparently you're one of those anti-law citizens who deem it necessary to argue with anyone
Pot, kettle.

And how can being pro-citizen & pro-rights & pro-law make someone anti-law?
Anti-officers-who-break-the-law, yes.