• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Campus, cars, constitutional carry bills all pending in NH

Rattrapper

Screw Lynch or Flynch as we call him.

He already surrounding himself with the Police Chief Assoc. and The Sheriffs Assoc. Slinging thier fear mongering and lies. As many of the Police agencies use private Gun Clubs to train and qualify, It is time that the clubs tell the police chiefs and sheriffs, That due to thier support of thir assoc. and thus the governor, that thier dept is no Longer allowed to use the club ranges. Ranges and range Time is a premium, and hard to schedule.

Last edited:

g17585

I really hope these bills pass. I've emailed my reps and you should all to! These 3 bills need to pass

KBCraig

Lynch's official press release about it. It sickens me that it's on the front page of nh.gov, but the executive controls it, so...

http://www.governor.nh.gov/media/news/2012/010312-no-guns-dorms.htm

I couldn't stomach reading the whole thing. A quick skim showed the usual "blood in the hallways" nonsense. Apparently Lynch thinks the Magical Safety Sphere of campus turns all who enter into drunken violent immature juveniles. That must be it, because those same people aren't shooting up the place off campus.

FIVETWOSEVEN

Well they were voted on the bills today, PGNH has nothing, GONH has nothing, and the NH bill tracker system of NH is down for whatever reason. I'm 99% sure that the house passed HB536 since they passed the last two Constitutional Carry bills. I'm 90% sure that they passed the other two as well.

KBCraig

HB334 (enhanced preemption): Ought to Pass with Amendment #2563h(NT): 180 yeas, 144 nays (roll call)
HB536 (consitutional carry): Floor date was 1/4, but no results yet
HB194 (loaded vehicle carry): Floor date was 1/4, but no results yet

g17585

HB536 did pass, but not quite enough for an override. I hope he doesn't veto them. Vermont's had this law since 1903 and they don't have any problems. Good thing he's not seeking reelection.

Jared

Lynch will veto them.

Hopefully New Hampshire residents get off their lazy butts and call their reps, if they do that, the override votes will suddenly appear.

Regarding HB334, I hope it doesn't pass it. Unless the author amended the bill to include the recently passed knife preemption language in the bill (maybe he did, not sure), then if this bill passed it would undo knife preemption.

Freiheit417

From the Governor's website:
It would allow firearms to be carried at the State Hospital, which treats people suffering from mental illness, at the state's 10 county jails, and at state parks, including Hampton Beach.

Umm, isn't it already legal to carry in NH state parks including Hampton Beach!?
NH: Armed litter pickup proceeds at Hampton Beach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii9ke22AP_M

If so, then this is typical fear-mongering indeed.

“The combination of these bills has the real potential to lead to an increase in violence. And with the legislature's recent expansion of deadly force, and I am very concerned that New Hampshire cannot and will not be as safe as it currently is. That is why if these bills reach my desk, I will veto them,” Governor Lynch said." .... “These bills represent a radical departure from our approach to public safety here in New Hampshire,” Governor Lynch said. “I am proud of the fact that we live in the safest state in the nation. New Hampshire is a place with very little violent crime, a place where families and seniors can feel safe in their homes, their neighborhoods and their communities."

I suppose NH would become as violent as Vermont in that case.... :rolleyes:

Hopefully this guy will move back to the safest state in the nation - Massachusetts :lol:

Any chance letters or emails to legislators from non-residents would help the cause? Gov. Lynch is arguing these bills will hurt business. I have this to say to businesses that are considering a move to NH: I personally would visit NH more often and spend more money there if these pass. I believe Constitutional Carry will help tourism, not hurt it. Just my $.02.

Last edited:

g17585

Everyone contact your reps! I've contacted mine and they've all said that they are going to be voting Yea. Please do the same and we will secure enough votes to definately secure the override to Lynch's veto. Please people!

FIVETWOSEVEN

According to NH.gov Bill tracker, all three bills will be heard on the 26th of January consecutively starting at 1:00 PM. I plan on going to this to see how it goes.