Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange signs @ GB gun show

Strange signs @ GB gun show

Saw this sign at the Green Bay Bob and Rocco gun show. I was going to see if I find a new home for a .22 pistol of mine and check if I could find any deals, but then this sign made wonder if I was going to be able to even bring it in. So, to be on the safe side...... I didn't bother going in and waste 5 bucks. I know they the right to say "no guns" and stuff, but really.... a sign like this at a GUN show?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Green Bay-20111231-00204.jpg 
Views:	490 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	7697  
    Last edited by Deek; 12-31-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    <-----Leading by example....while armed

Wisconsin democrats are a tough bunch, and you know what they say-- "when the going gets tough...."

A "No Guns" sign protects me as much as a speed limit sign keeps people from speeding.

Herr Heckler Koch
    That is a strange sign for a gun show.

They must be afraid of the nefarious gunch'oe loophoe. Why not add 'em to the boycott, it seems conventional wisdom that that will bring Bob & Rocco around. <Darth Vader wheeze>Use the force, Puke, use the force! </Darth Vader wheeze>

Another good reason I didn't go there today. They can get bent.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Been to shows where you demonstrate the firearm is not loaded. Not allowing anything limits looking for accessories or a trade-in.

Does not make sense to pick a location that bars firearms.

How is anyone going to be able to sell firearms at a gun show?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    How is anyone going to be able to sell firearms at a gun show?
    Well. you could pay to rent a table.... Or stand outside hawking your deal like the Brady Bunch's worst nightmare. I wonder if the paying gun dealers complained that we were taking business away from them.... I suppose they'll also complain when we stay away! Ha-ha!
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Okay, how does that make any sense? Once you buy a gun and take possession of it aren't you then violating their policy? I mean, I REALLY don't get it?!?
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

That had to be a boring show.
    - What da hay?

Keep Calm and Carry On

Then there's the real slap in the face:
    "No Firearms or Weapons Allowed on Brown County Veterans Memorial Complex Property".
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Pat Down search, really!!! Why would anyone go on their property. I don't fly just to stay away from TSA searches. Personally, if they attempted to pat me down, I'd tell them no, politely. I'd then be willing to have the Police called and go down to the station. I once walked out of a store and a door alarm went off. A clerk asked to see my bag and I refused and asked for a Police officer. I had a tag from another store that hadn't been removed and the receipt. The store I was stopped in didn't even apologise, but the first store gave me a $50 gift certificate.
    I've got a name to live up to, and it's Filthy. Filthy Harry SASS 24924

Anyone go to that GB show that can comment on the prices? It's been a while since I've heard of any gun shows with prices worth bothering going for.

I haven't gone to one for a few years, but the prices were expectedly high. I did buy some ammo cans though.
    Last edited by bigdaddy1; 01-01-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by filhar1 View Post
    Pat Down search, really!!! Why would anyone go on their property. ... Personally, if they attempted to pat me down, I'd tell them no, politely. I'd then be willing to have the Police called and go down to the station.
    Don't miss this story http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...arch-by-police

The last show I attended at the Patriot Center in Rothschild WI was a joke as far as prices go. Given the signage and the show organizers tendency to patronize the anti-gun venues, I've decided never to attend again.

Those idiots really know how kill their business, I hope they go broke.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Why is it that Bob Pucci and his minions are the only ones in the state that run gunshows? Aside from small local deals of course.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

How stupid. (Unpatriotic, insulting...)
    It's also unenforceable, since they can't prohibit firearms kept in cars.
    Besides, if the gun show got a waiver for the dealers, they sureasell can extend the waiver to the customers.

Won't go the B&R shows anyway, after one of their employees sexually harassed someone I know & she never got an apology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Herr Heckler Koch
    How stupid. (Unpatriotic, insulting...) It's also unenforceable, since they can't prohibit firearms kept in cars.
    "UnenFORCEable"? "You may beat the rap, but you cannot beat the ride!"

Optional signage

A constitution barred sign, something like this:

http://glossynews.com/wp-content/upl...tion_no_01.jpg

This may be the universal signage for the post modern America.

<sigh of exasperation>

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal
    It's also unenforceable, since they can't prohibit firearms kept in cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    "UnenFORCEable"?
    How would anyone know what's in my car unless they do an illegal search?
    'Cause if I'm going to be away from it (oh, say, shopping at a gun show) anything valuable (let's say firearms - which the venue hosting the gun show doesn't allow) would be locked in the safe.

Herr Heckler Koch
    The 'ride' is the force provided by the enforcers. The illegality is between the victim and the prosecutor and judge. As you should well know.

Campaign Veteran
    These promoters are notoriously "Anti 2A" They want you to come and purchase weapons there, but not exercise your rights. I refuse to go to these shows because of it. I've seen quite a few nasty posts/threads in regards to this promoter
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Quote Originally Posted by DangerClose View Post
    Anyone go to that GB show that can comment on the prices? It's been a while since I've heard of any gun shows with prices worth bothering going for.

I know a guy that went and he picked up a Taurus TCP 738 for $195.00 new in the box. Also got a T-shirt and a pocket or waist holder. Seems a pretty decent deal from the prices I have looked up on em.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Any business that would usurp my right doth get my business not.

Sent from my Shakespearian slate using Tapatalk
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

I sent an email to B&R about having their shows at a place that doesn't support gun owners' rights and maybe finding a new venue. Still waiting for a reply. I'm not holding my breath.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast