• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Strange signs @ GB gun show

Deek

Saw this sign at the Green Bay Bob and Rocco gun show. I was going to see if I find a new home for a .22 pistol of mine and check if I could find any deals, but then this sign made wonder if I was going to be able to even bring it in. So, to be on the safe side...... I didn't bother going in and waste 5 bucks. I know they the right to say "no guns" and stuff, but really.... a sign like this at a GUN show?

Attachments

• Green Bay-20111231-00204.jpg
    Green Bay-20111231-00204.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

That is a strange sign for a gun show.

They must be afraid of the nefarious gunch'oe loophoe. Why not add 'em to the boycott, it seems conventional wisdom that that will bring Bob & Rocco around. <Darth Vader wheeze>Use the force, Puke, use the force! </Darth Vader wheeze>

Zeus

Another good reason I didn't go there today. They can get bent.

Carryon

Been to shows where you demonstrate the firearm is not loaded. Not allowing anything limits looking for accessories or a trade-in.

Does not make sense to pick a location that bars firearms.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
How is anyone going to be able to sell firearms at a gun show? :eek:
Well. you could pay to rent a table.... Or stand outside hawking your deal like the Brady Bunch's worst nightmare. I wonder if the paying gun dealers complained that we were taking business away from them.... I suppose they'll also complain when we stay away! Ha-ha! :monkey

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Okay, how does that make any sense? Once you buy a gun and take possession of it aren't you then violating their policy? I mean, I REALLY don't get it?!?

filhar1

Pat Down search, really!!! Why would anyone go on their property. I don't fly just to stay away from TSA searches. Personally, if they attempted to pat me down, I'd tell them no, politely. I'd then be willing to have the Police called and go down to the station. I once walked out of a store and a door alarm went off. A clerk asked to see my bag and I refused and asked for a Police officer. I had a tag from another store that hadn't been removed and the receipt. The store I was stopped in didn't even apologise, but the first store gave me a $50 gift certificate.

bigdaddy1

I haven't gone to one for a few years, but the prices were expectedly high. I did buy some ammo cans though.

Last edited:

Trip20

The last show I attended at the Patriot Center in Rothschild WI was a joke as far as prices go. Given the signage and the show organizers tendency to patronize the anti-gun venues, I've decided never to attend again.

oak1971

Why is it that Bob Pucci and his minions are the only ones in the state that run gunshows? Aside from small local deals of course.

MKEgal

How stupid. (Unpatriotic, insulting...)
It's also unenforceable, since they can't prohibit firearms kept in cars.
Besides, if the gun show got a waiver for the dealers, they sureasell can extend the waiver to the customers.

Won't go the B&R shows anyway, after one of their employees sexually harassed someone I know & she never got an apology.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

How stupid. (Unpatriotic, insulting...) It's also unenforceable, since they can't prohibit firearms kept in cars.
"UnenFORCEable"? "You may beat the rap, but you cannot beat the ride!"

MKEgal

MKEgal said:
It's also unenforceable, since they can't prohibit firearms kept in cars.
Doug said:
"UnenFORCEable"?
How would anyone know what's in my car unless they do an illegal search?
'Cause if I'm going to be away from it (oh, say, shopping at a gun show) anything valuable (let's say firearms - which the venue hosting the gun show doesn't allow) would be locked in the safe.