• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We might be terrorists

PistolPackingMomma

"President Obama's action today is a blight on his legacy because he will forever be known as the president who signed indefinite detention without charge or trial into law,” said Anthony Romero, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union.

I'm pretty sure his whole "legacy" is a blight, so no worries there.

Obama also said he will not abide by the law's requirement to detain terror suspects using the military.

Okay, so....why even pass this bill if you're not going to abide by it?

Finally, he rejected a number of other provisions, saying the White House is concerned they interfere with the president's constitutional powers and ability to fight terrorism.

Holy swiss cheese, our president has constitutional anti-terrorism crime fighting super powers?!

SovereignAxe

The silver lining to this is that I don't see how it's possible for a Democratic candidate to get elected (or re-elected) if that candidate has completely alienated the ACLU.

If Obama gets reelected, I will have lost all faith in this country.

peterarthur

Missourians with guns, Bibles, flags, faith or veteran status were declared potential terrorists by the MIAC report a few years ago. NDAA just gives them legal cover to come and get us now.

Tony4310

Anyone that doesn't bow before Obama and obey his commands is going on that list i'm sure. I guess some of us are in trouble lol

09jisaac

Might be? If the provision about 7days worth of food and water proofed ammo makes you a terrorist is really in there then I seriously doubt any of us DON'T qualify under that alone. It don't take much to have 7days worth of food for someone so having a well stocked pantry/fridge would feed a family for a while. Milsurp ammo, isn't most if not all of that "sealed" ammo. I even have ammo cans I store my boxes in, and even have 420 rds of lake city ball ammo in the can that they came in.

I am not saying that this is law anywhere, but I have read it from more than one source (I don't even know how reliable those sources are). If anyone has a link I would appreciate a it.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Now if you make the "list" they can take you, keep you, and hold you without charges for as long as the "GOVERNMENT" wants too!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...id10|htmlws-main-bb|dl1|sec3_lnk2&pLid=124161

When I got paid by the Dept of Corrections they promised that if I ever ended up locked up they were sending me to any other state they could trick into accepting me.

I'm pretty sure the Feds would come to the same conclusion. [see emphasais above]

And if I'm not already on at least one list I've been doing things wrong!

stay safe.

Beretta92FSLady

Ok, let's see here how the voting went down, in real numbers, and which side of the isle might be blamed. Keep in mind that the argument is that if Republicans are voted in, Laws like this will not happen because Republicans are champions of Liberty, and Freedom - I am not sure if it is laughable that Republicans buy into Liberty, and Freedom snake-oil types on the "right," or if it is beyond pathetic that Republican citizens believe the crap they are dished:

Vote Overview

TotalsDemocratsRepublicansIndependentsAll Votes
chart
Needed To Win​
Yea:86(86%)
Nay:13(13%)661
Present:0(0%)000
Not Voting:1(1%)010
Required: Simple Majority of 99 votes (=50 votes)(Vacancies in Congress will affect vote totals.)
chart
chart
chart
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=s2011-230

So apparently both sides were in agreement here. The House is a Republican majority, SURELY, there must be a majority Republicans that are against a bill that would include something like this, right?!

Vote Overview

TotalsDemocratsRepublicansIndependentsAll Votes
chart
Needed To Win​
Aye:283(65%)
No:136(31%)93430
Present:0(0%)000
Not Voting:14(3%)680
Required: Simple Majority of 419 votes (=210 votes)(Vacancies in Congress will affect vote totals.)
chart
chart
chart
More information: Aye versus Yea Explained

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2011-932

How is something like this explained? It appears that the majority of Republicans supported this Bill, while Democrats were split.

Republican supporters claiming that Liberty, and Freedom are under attack by Democrats is, well, a lie! Enjoy your Republican position; remember, you are occupying a side of the same coin; and apparently, with regards to this new Law, the Democrat side of the coin is the 'better' side concerning Liberty, and Freedom.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

I was really hoping the Dems and Reps would do each other in so we can get some Constitution party reps in office.

Paul is not even a third party candidate. A viable third part candidate will not be seen for some time, IMO. Consider this: When there is a third party candidate, both sides stay clear of them, for the most part, because of outcomes that are not desirable to the two main parties - Perot, and Nader, for example.

Any third party candidate would have to be capable of swaying voters from each side of the coin - that would mean the third party candidate would have to be a Moderate, not playing a moderate as any of the two-party candidates do.

since9

Campaign Veteran
An article by the HP is one thing. The actual bill is another.

From my Congressman:

January 5, 2012

Dear Mr. X,

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year (FY) 2012. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, the National Defense Authorization Act authorizes military appropriations and activities for the Department of Defense and sets troop levels for Fiscal Year 2012. Defense authorization bills are passed every year and are vital for the military to function. This past May, my colleagues and I passed H.R. 1540, the FY12 National Defense Authorization Act, in the House. On December 1st, the Senate passed its version of the bill, S. 1867, by a vote of 93-7.

The Senate version of this legislation was different from the House version, and concerns were raised about Sections 1031 and 1032, which deal with the detainment of enemy combatants as part of the ongoing war against al-Qaeda, its affiliates, and the Taliban. As a nation, we must maintain the civil liberties of all Americans during a time of war. The major concern raised was whether American citizens, especially those captured on the battlefield, could be detained indefinitely or not. That said, members of al-Qaeda are not ordinary criminals, nor do they qualify for Prisoner of War status under Article IV of the Geneva Convention. Instead, captured personnel affiliated with al-Qaeda are enemy combatants who deliberately target civilians, do not obey the laws of war, and have never signed nor agreed to the terms of the Geneva Convention. This is the designation that has been historically applied by the United States government to those who operate outside the laws of war (pirates, spies, saboteurs, etc), and is in full compliance with our Geneva Convention obligations.

On December 14th, in a bipartisan vote, the House voted 283-136 to pass the FY12 NDAA Conference Report to H.R. 1540. This bill is a revised version of S.1867. The new bill contains language dealing with the treatment of suspected terrorists and it specifically exempts United States citizens from detainment. In my view, the earlier version was unacceptable in how it described the rights of U.S. citizens. The final version from the conference committee clearly states that these detainee provisions do not extend to U.S. citizens, and was a tremendous improvement. While it would take additional legislation to answer all concerns, such as legislation from the judiciary committee, this bill was not the vehicle to address every single concern. The bill was primarily to fund the troops and to pay for military hardware.

One of the most challenging dilemmas for a free society at war is the balance between maintaining liberty and giving those who protect us the tools they need to be effective. I believe that this bill strikes the proper balance, and as a member of the House Armed Service Committee, I will continue work to ensure that the rights and liberties of American citizens are protected. This legislation passed both the House and Senate by overwhelming bipartisan measures.

Thank you once again for providing me with your concerns. For more information about my efforts on behalf of Colorado and to receive periodic congressional updates, please visit my website at Lamborn.house.gov.

Bottom line? Read the fine print. The various stories floating around threatening detention of U.S. citizens are based on old news, not the new law.

Having said that, the bill does contain additional encroachments on our civil rights.

Last edited:

Dreamer

I'm praying that Obama is re-elected.

Because only through the rapid acceleration of tyranny and sudden dismemberment of the Constitution will the majority of the Sheeple (and people who believe that the leadership of the "political parties" are actually somehow different and adversarial) WTFU, and realize that the ONLY way to salvage our nation is to "hit the political Reset Button".

I'm praying that they start rounding people up soon and sending them to "indefinite detention" camps.

I'm praying that veterans, anti-war protestors, and photojourlanists start getting brutalized, beaten up, and even gunned down by LEOs.

I'm praying that local and state governments will start passing ordinances and codes to restrict the commercial actions of members of minority religions.

I pray that TPTB just drop all pretense of morality, decency, and respect for the Rule of Law and roll full-throttle into their plans for worldwide Serfdom for the entire planetary population.

Because unless the majority of the people in this nation start having evidence of truly brazen, undeniable tyranny shoved in their face every day, they will not wake up, and before we know it, this entire nation will be a 4th world serfdom.

The only way Liberty and Personal Freedom have a chance is if people wake up and start REFUSING to participate in the facade. And the majority of the people in this country are so deeply brainwashed, dumbed down, and programmed that they can't see what's REALLY going on with the current levels of action by TPTB.

I pray that the "hammer falls" soon, suddenly, and with utter disregard for humanity. Because unfortunately, I stronlgy believe that it's going to take the brazen activation of a "Second Holocaust" to get most people in this nation to break out of their trance...

Last edited:

Redbaron007

Thanks Since9.

I was looking for that verbiage earlier; however I hated reading that entire bill. It seems there is a lot of misinformation out there on the passed version.

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
SNIP...

and realize that the ONLY way to salvage our nation is to "hit the political Reset Button".

I'm praying that they start rounding people up soon and sending them to "indefinite detention" camps.

I'm praying that veterans, anti-war protestors, and photojourlanists start getting brutalized, beaten up, and even gunned down by LEOs.

I'm praying that local and state governments will start passing ordinances and codes to restrict the commercial actions of members of minority religions.

I pray that TPTB just drop all pretense of morality, decency, and respect for the Rule of Law and roll full-throttle into their plans for worldwide Serfdom for the entire planetary population.

Because unless the majority of the people in this nation start having evidence of truly brazen, undeniable tyranny shoved in their face every day, they will not wake up, and before we know it, this entire nation will be a 4th world serfdom.

The only way Liberty and Personal Freedom have a chance is if people wake up and start REFUSING to participate in the facade. And the majority of the people in this country are so deeply brainwashed, dumbed down, and programmed that they can't see what's REALLY going on with the current levels of action by TPTB.

I pray that the "hammer falls" soon, suddenly, and with utter disregard for humanity. Because unfortunately, I stronlgy believe that it's going to take the brazen activation of a "Second Holocaust" to get most people in this nation to break out of their trance...

That is quite possibly the post profoundly insane post I have ever read. You're actually OPENLY advocating a civil war, complete with the entire destabilization of society and destruction of government. You do this in spite of your continuous rants about the oppression of "TPTB", yet you do not seem to fear they might come into your house in the middle of the night and make YOU disappear. Why should I or anyone else who isn't openly seditious worry about being carted off too GITMO if the guy who's always warning us about the potential of it obviously has no concern for it.

Your "prayer" that the "hammer falls soon" shows a distinct disregard for humanity on YOUR BEHALF, since what you're implying is that the "hammer fall" would amount too massive detention, gulags and murders.

It is patently ridiculous to be that cynical. I don't like a lot of the insipid reactionary security measures implimented by political whores who feel compelled to punish and irritate everyone equally, when a little bit of profiling could solve several of the issues. However I do not feel "oppressed". I can go anywhere I want as long as I want, and do whatever I want provided I have the funds. I just so happen to not want to do anything illegal. Even when I inadvertently do something illegal and have to deal with police, as a rule I walk away without any issues. I suppose character and attitude have a lot to do with that though.

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

Your "prayer" that the "hammer falls soon" shows a distinct disregard for humanity on YOUR BEHALF, since what you're implying is that the "hammer fall" would amount too massive detention, gulags and murders.

Yeah, and your user name is PrayingForWar, so....
thatsthejokeg.jpg

Sorry, just couldn't resist :)

Last edited: