• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We might be terrorists

Dreamer

Why should I or anyone else who isn't openly seditious worry about being carted off too GITMO if the guy who's always warning us about the potential of it obviously has no concern for it.

“It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.”
--Samuel Adams

“In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.”
-Mark Twain

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Yeah, and your user name is PrayingForWar, so....
thatsthejokeg.jpg

Sorry, just couldn't resist :)

Touche...:D

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
“It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.”
--Samuel Adams

“In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.”
-Mark Twain

You know very well that too small of an " irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires" for any cause be it freedom, communism, or the second coming of Christ will be met with a gleeful reprisal from the majority of people provided they're comfortable with their current standard of living. That's why most of us enjoyed watching hippy parasites getting maced at OWS "protests", because they irritate far more people than they inspire.

It's not for a lack of bravery that most people do not violently revolt against things we both find repulsive, it's becaue they know these issues aren't worth being killed, incarcerated, fired or even set-back by. People have too much to do in their lives, so they show their ID and move through the lines as opposed to standing around arguing with government drones only to either be forced too move on or get thrown in jail and get their a$$ beat if that isn't good enough.

Furthermore, we were blessed by God Himself that the men who incited and won our revolution were committed to Masonic enlightened ideals and wrote the constitution, because most revolutions end up creating something worse than what was replaced. Be careful what you wish for.

Dreamer

Furthermore, we were blessed by God Himself that the men who incited and won our revolution were committed to Masonic enlightened ideals and wrote the constitution, because most revolutions end up creating something worse than what was replaced. Be careful what you wish for.

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

--Thomas Paine

sudden valley gunner

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

John Basil Barnhill

Of course the government is going to label those who believe in the fundamental rights of freedom of speech, right to bear arms, to feel secure in our persons, not to incriminate ourselves, as terrorist it rightly and justly fears us and it is the only way to preserve liberty (hopefully gain some liberty loss back) to make sure this fear never goes away.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

--Thomas Paine

Indeed history has maintained that precident. All governments based on, or tied too close too religious doctrine so as to make laws somehow divine commandments have been tyrannical.

Of course there are examples of completely atheistic governments doing the same.

My point still stands:

the men who incited and won our revolution were committed to Masonic enlightened ideals and wrote the constitution, because most revolutions end up creating something worse than what was replaced. Be careful what you wish for.

OC for ME

Folks around here are woefully unaware of the depths of government induced depravity that the American people are willing to endure as long as it does not involve shutting down Facebook, the Twittersphere, Jersey Shore, pizza delivery, cable TV, and free cellphones.

If the big flush happens we all are on our own. Are you ready is the only question. It's getting close to Hooters time, do you know where your fellow patriots are?

sudden valley gunner

Folks around here are woefully unaware of the depths of government induced depravity that the American people are willing to endure as long as it does not involve shutting down Facebook, the Twittersphere, Jersey Shore, pizza delivery, cable TV, and free cellphones.

If the big flush happens we all are on our own. Are you ready is the only question. It's getting close to Hooters time, do you know where your fellow patriots are?

Good post, I would also like to ad that it gives the illusion of having "rights" .

ManInBlack

You're actually OPENLY advocating a civil war, complete with the entire destabilization of society and destruction of government.

Oh, so it's only OK to advocate endless war and those consequences in other countries?

You, sir, are an immoral, base hypocrite.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Caution ladies and gentlemen - we are going considerably off topic here + the Social Lounge is still subject to Rule 15:

WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

TechnoWeenie

Caution ladies and gentlemen - we are going considerably off topic here + the Social Lounge is still subject to Rule 15:

WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury.

'Terrorists', aye.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Since everything is secret, people will just vanish, like the did in the USSR and like they do in China.

Significant difference...

We have LOTS and LOTS of guns. People will not "just vanish" without significant repercussions. They did not EVER have the access too weapons in the USSR, China, Cambodia, N.Korea, Germany, Vietnam, ETC. Where gun rights were severly restricted. That's why the RTKBA is my central political focus.

ManInBlack

They did not EVER have the access too weapons in the USSR, China, Cambodia, N.Korea, Germany, Vietnam, ETC. Where gun rights were severly restricted. That's why the RTKBA is my central political focus.

Ummm...actually, many of the regimes you mention INSTITUTED gun control, where it did not exist before...

DocWalker

Ummm...actually, many of the regimes you mention INSTITUTED gun control, where it did not exist before...

+1

I agree Germany didn't institute a gun control policy until the 1930's. I guess Hitler thought it would make the opition to his political ambitions easier. It worked out great for those that followed Hitler, not so good for those that disagreed with him.

PistolPackingMomma

No $#!t Sherlock, hence the RTKBA is my central political focus.

Back too ignoring you, I guess this makes twice in one night my instincts were proved right and I shouldn't have wasted time reading posts from people I already judged to be morons, though you "sir" are by far the biggest moron on my ignore list.

I don't think you understand how "ignore" is supposed to work...

since9

Campaign Veteran

I would remind you that in addition to laws established by organizations outlined in our Constitution, the Constitution itself also constitutes law. Further, our Founders, as do I and many others, held that (inalienable) rights, particularly those established by our creator, supersede law, indeed, that all law should be subject to those inalienable rights.

Put simply, comments intended to show adherence to lesser laws while ignoring higher laws and superseding rights are an affront to freedom-loving peoples.

Yes, I'm well aware of the legal jeopardy of running a website which supports the overthrow of our government, and no, I am not advocating such.

I am saying that with a little word-smithing, you can curb the revolutionary statements while both supporting and defend higher laws, including our Constitution and the inalienable rights upon which our Founders founded it.

Yes, overthrowing a government is "illegal." Yet it was the same folks who did just that who founded our government shortly thereafter. Judging by both their contemporary writings, as well as the provisions they included in both the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, they were clearly of the same, continuing mind as they were before 1776.

While I agree with you OCDO is not and should not be about revolution, I think it's very important we should be all about the true nature of our country, ranging from current law all the way through our Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and to the foundations upon which our nation was founded, as that's the only way to effectively retain hold of our roots while simultaneously educating our youth as to what it is that has actually worked, and why it has worked.

I do not believe your reminders support this Patriotic American position. If anything, my training as an officer of the United States Military, armed with a commission from the President of the United States himself, says that in all situations, all laws and orders must be weighed against the sum of my own knowledge and judgement.

I was neither chosen to be an officer nor did I become a highly decorated one because I could follow orders (the law). Rather, it was because I knew right from wrong, and had the proper judgement and clear presence of mind to countermand an order or violate a law if doing so served the greater good. 99.99% of the time, I followed orders, followed the law.

When I did not, there were damned good reasons.

Grape, please don't advocate blind adherence to the law even if doing so means violating its spirit. Although I've countermanded a few orders and broken a few laws, I've never wavered from the spirit of The Law. I think perhaps you're confusing the two.

Thank you for your time.

- since9

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I would remind you that in addition to laws established by organizations outlined in our Constitution, the Constitution itself also constitutes law. Further, our Founders, as do I and many others, held that (inalienable) rights, particularly those established by our creator, supersede law, indeed, that all law should be subject to those inalienable rights.

Put simply, comments intended to show adherence to lesser laws while ignoring higher laws and superseding rights are an affront to freedom-loving peoples.

Yes, I'm well aware of the legal jeopardy of running a website which supports the overthrow of our government, and no, I am not advocating such.

I am saying that with a little word-smithing, you can curb the revolutionary statements while both supporting and defend higher laws, including our Constitution and the inalienable rights upon which our Founders founded it.

Yes, overthrowing a government is "illegal." Yet it was the same folks who did just that who founded our government shortly thereafter. Judging by both their contemporary writings, as well as the provisions they included in both the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, they were clearly of the same, continuing mind as they were before 1776.

While I agree with you OCDO is not and should not be about revolution, I think it's very important we should be all about the true nature of our country, ranging from current law all the way through our Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and to the foundations upon which our nation was founded, as that's the only way to effectively retain hold of our roots while simultaneously educating our youth as to what it is that has actually worked, and why it has worked.

I do not believe your reminders support this Patriotic American position. If anything, my training as an officer of the United States Military, armed with a commission from the President of the United States himself, says that in all situations, all laws and orders must be weighed against the sum of my own knowledge and judgement.

I was neither chosen to be an officer nor did I become a highly decorated one because I could follow orders (the law). Rather, it was because I knew right from wrong, and had the proper judgement and clear presence of mind to countermand an order or violate a law if doing so served the greater good. 99.99% of the time, I followed orders, followed the law.

When I did not, there were damned good reasons.

Grape, please don't advocate blind adherence to the law even if doing so means violating its spirit. Although I've countermanded a few orders and broken a few laws, I've never wavered from the spirit of The Law. I think perhaps you're confusing the two.

Thank you for your time.

- since9

Not confusing the two at all.

While some may support or entertain similar thoughts, OCDO does not permit the propagation of them here. There are sites where such is acceptable - one of them is not OCDO. OCDO is intentionally more narrowly focused.

The admonition stands.