Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do the candidates rate on 2A?

How do the candidates rate on 2A?

If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

It's never easy to choose

Ron Paul is an "A+," but he is off the reservation on many issues. Rick Perry and Michele Bachman get an "A." Rick perry is not pro open carry, just pro concealed carry. Michele Bachman is pro open carry. The others are "B," "C," and "D-." Jon Huntsman was not included, but he is probably an "A" also. Based on the ratings, Rick Perry, Michele Bachman, and Jon Huntsman would be the ones to support. I have to admit that, at present, Mitt Romney seems to be the best to defeat our Prez. What's a pro 2nd Amendment zealot like myself to do? I will support Rick Perry in hopes that he would never sign Federal Legislation banning open carry, or interfere with any State that promotes open carry. I will also hope that he picks an excellent Vice Presidential candidate. If, at the end of the day, Mitt Romney is our candidate, I will support him and vote for him in the general election. I will also hope he picks a Vice Presidential candidate who is more in tune with the 2nd Amendment. Admittedly, there are many holes in my decision, but this is the way I see it at present.

The far more important concern, I think, is the position of State-level candidates -Gov.'s, Senate/House, etc. We still have several States with horrific 2A laws and/or restrictions that need to be brought into the 21st century before we start worrying about what a Presidential wannabe thinks or feels on the matter..

Quote Originally Posted by fjpro2a View Post
    Ron Paul is an "A+," but he is off the reservation on many issues.
    Yeah, all that crazy stuff like cutting a trillion dollars his first year, securing U.S. borders, balancing the budget, auditing The Fed, stopping things like the NDAA detention bill, taking his oath to defend the Constitution seriously... he's crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by DangerClose View Post
    Yeah, all that crazy stuff like cutting a trillion dollars his first year, securing U.S. borders, balancing the budget, auditing The Fed, stopping things like the NDAA detention bill, taking his oath to defend the Constitution seriously... he's crazy!
    Figaro only thinks he's off the reservation because the "reservation" has been grossly distorted by the media for many years. Ron Paul is RIGHT ON TARGET when it comes to our Constitution.

He's on the reservation.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Figaro only thinks he's off the reservation because the "reservation" has been grossly distorted by the media for many years. Ron Paul is RIGHT ON TARGET when it comes to our Constitution.

He's on the reservation.
    Well said since9

I'm in the military and I support Ron Paul. When I talk politics at work pretty much every person who follows politics supports him as well even if they don't agree with everything. As such I find it funny when people say he is so out of touch given just how many military members support him. So does this mean that most of our military are out of touch as well?

Romney would be the best overall candidate, Paul second - the best chance of winning that is.

Regarding the Second Amendment, well, Santorum.

"Rick Santorum vehemently opposed the Assault Weapons Ban because he believes that there are more effective ways to stop gun violence, such as stricter enforcement of existing laws, than taking away the rights of law abiding gun owners."

http://politicalnews.me/?id=10508&ke...ENDMENT-RIGHTS

Plucked this from the Google'r.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 01-05-2012 at 02:16 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

http://2012.presidential-candidates.org/Gun-Control.php
    Paul probably has the most unrivalled record among all the 2012 presidential candidates for his advocacy of the Second Amendment for individuals.
    Any other candidates besides Paul want to abolish the ATF?
    Last edited by DangerClose; 01-05-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerClose View Post
    http://2012.presidential-candidates.org/Gun-Control.php

Any other candidates besides Paul want to abolish the ATF?
    I am sorry, were we discussing candidates that have realistic policies, or are wishful thinkers? Paul would be a no-vote for a number of Republicans that are big supporters of the Military Complex, GeoPolitical, and ground warfare. Paul is pro-choice, believing that it should be left up to the States, not the Federal Government - but I suppose that Conservatives are willing to bend on some of their Principles, if the candidate might beat President Obama.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    I am sorry, were we discussing candidates that have realistic policies, or are wishful thinkers?
    I know you were discussing wishful-thinking candidates since Santorum wants to outlaw birth control and ban gay sexual acts in people's homes because "there's no right to privacy in the United States."

And you're the one who posted in this very thread: "Romney would be the best overall candidate, Paul second - the best chance of winning that is." Kinda weird how your opinion of Paul changes over the course of an hour.
    Last edited by DangerClose; 01-05-2012 at 03:41 PM.

I am sorry, were we discussing candidates that have realistic policies, or are wishful thinkers? Paul would be a no-vote for a number of Republicans that are big supporters of the Military Complex, GeoPolitical, and ground warfare. Paul is pro-choice, believing that it should be left up to the States, not the Federal Government - but I suppose that Conservatives are willing to bend on some of their Principles, if the candidate might beat President Obama.
    Depends on the type of conservative, constitutional or social.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Rick Perry is a globalist shill. He is for open borders, giving illegals in-state tuition, and mandatory vaccines for school children. If you think for ONE MINUTE that he would support 2A rights if his puppet masters told him to do otherwise, you are delusional...

Santorum is a duplicitous, elitist sociopath. Hos record speaks for itself.

Romney drafted the model for ObamaCare and was governor of one of the most anti-2A states east of the Mississippi.

Newt has been an avowed globalist for decades. He is a diciple of Alvin and Heidi Toffler, worked for the deindustrialization of America, and is about as concerned with the "Constitutional Rights" of US Citizens as George Soros.

WTFU, people. Your vote counts. Vote for the ONLY candidate that isn't an insane, power-drunk, sociopathic globalist shill.

Ron Paul 2012.
    Any other vote is a vote for serfdom.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Rick Perry is a globalist shill. He is for open borders, giving illegals in-state tuition, and mandatory vaccines for school children. If you think for ONE MINUTE that he would support 2A rights if his puppet masters told him to do otherwise, you are delusional...

Romney drafted the model for ObamaCare and was governor of one of the most anti-2A states east of the Mississippi.

Newt has been an avowed globalist for decades. He is a diciple of Alvin and Heidi Toffler, worked for the deindustrialization of America, and is about as concerned with the "Constitutional Rights" of US Citizens as George Soros.

WTFU, people. Your vote counts. Vote for the ONLY candidate that isn't an insane, power-drunk, sociopathic globalist shill.

Ron Paul 2012.
    I feel like I'm in the twilight zone when I can't disagree with anything you post Dreamer.

Could you at least have added something about WTC7?

Screw it, I'll just get the reynold's wrap and make myself a hat.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Late reply

On January 1st, 2012, I (fjpro2a) posted that "it's never easy to choose." I was hoping for some reasonable dialogue, but boy oh boy, that didn't happen. I didn't want to offend any of the current crop of candidates, but simply give my opinion. It's good for our country to have a spirited debate, simply because this is an incredibly important election. Let me put it this way. Whoever ends up with the nomination will get my vote. In the meantime, it is OK for people to "push" the candidate of their choice.

Ron Paul 2012.
    For the sake of thoroughness, you should have included Paul in your critique, then at least, individuals might believe that you are genuinely looking at short-comings of all candidates. Some of Paul's visions of the U.S. are just as far out there are any of the other candidates. I am shocked that for such a sure-thing that President Obama is a sub-par Executive, it seems that what the Republicans have to offer up isn't much to take home, and brag to mom about. 2016, maybe, Republicans will have their shot.

Way too late

For the sake of thoroughness, you should have included Paul in your critique, then at least, individuals might believe that you are genuinely looking at short-comings of all candidates. Some of Paul's visions of the U.S. are just as far out there are any of the other candidates. I am shocked that for such a sure-thing that President Obama is a sub-par Executive, it seems that what the Republicans have to offer up isn't much to take home, and brag to mom about. 2016, maybe, Republicans will have their shot.
    If Obama wins a second term, there will be no 2016. It's all or nothing in 2012.

Ron Paul stands for one thing and one thing only IMO; the right of the individual to be as free as they can. Do I agree with absolute pro-choice? No. DO I agree with some of his views on immigration (illegals)? No? But overall if this country is to remain as our founders intended then Ron Paul seems the only logical choice, as least for me anyway. If Romney gets it then we will continue to plod on toward our ultimate demise, just at a slower pace. And the same thing applies for the other candidates, just to lesser degrees. However, as Fjpro2a put it, if Obama wins then we are doomed. All or nothing in 2012.

Ron Paul and Rick Santorum are both STRONG on the 2nd amendment. Santorum gets an A rating from the NRA and Brought laws to the floor that Actually Changed or Perserved our Gun rights for the Better... I dont agree with the B- rating especailly since it gave no explaination

Liberty is not "far out there", unless you are in a locality with none and if it is "far out there" then perhaps its time to go for it.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by DanieltheAnvil View Post
    Ron Paul and Rick Santorum are both STRONG on the 2nd amendment. Santorum gets an A rating from the NRA and Brought laws to the floor that Actually Changed or Perserved our Gun rights for the Better... I dont agree with the B- rating especailly since it gave no explaination
    The NRA gives everyone an A. Rick Santorum is horrible on the 2nd. He has voted for gun control in the past and has not stood up against the most atrocious attacks on the right to bear arms, such as the GFSZ act.

Quote Originally Posted by fjpro2a View Post
    If Obama wins a second term, there will be no 2016. It's all or nothing in 2012.
    You are correct. If he wins, the next year after 2012 will be either 1984 or 1776...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    I feel like I'm in the twilight zone when I can't disagree with anything you post Dreamer.

Could you at least have added something about WTC7?

Screw it, I'll just get the reynold's wrap and make myself a hat.
    As the New Battle of Concord comes closer and closer, folks like us can put away petty differences and focus on the REAL issue at hand--INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY--which is something I think we both agree on...

But I'll give you a little hint--foil only shields against RF signals, not microwave. In fact it will actually AMPLIFY signals in the microwave ranges that are restricted by the FCC for use ONLY by military satellites.

If you want REAL protection, line your ball cap with foil AND with really small-pattern chicken wire. The wire fencing acts as a sort of Faraday Cage for microwaves, and almost completely obstructs the signal. Just FYI...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 01-09-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

You're right.

Wacky ideas like the US should't have agent provoceteurs in every emerging third world nation fomenting "revolution" so that we can then install "Al CIAda" leadership and ensure they will be perpetually destabilized is just nuts.

And the idea that we should have occupying forces in EVERY nation that is our "ally" is just fruit-loopy.

And the idea that the best way to end the wars in the Iraq and Afghanistan (which we started using lies and fabricated "intel", and in fact CREATED, funded, trained, and supported our "opponents") is just crazy talk.

And the idea that it is dangerous to the integrity of our nation to allow a privately-owned cabal of international criminal banskters be in control of our monetary supply is just plain nuts...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 01-09-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

You are correct. If he wins, the next year after 2012 will be either 1984 or 1776...
    What happened in 1984?

Sent using Tapatalk
    =============================
    NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
    PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast