• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How do the candidates rate on 2A?

fjpro2a

It's never easy to choose

Ron Paul is an "A+," but he is off the reservation on many issues. Rick Perry and Michele Bachman get an "A." Rick perry is not pro open carry, just pro concealed carry. Michele Bachman is pro open carry. The others are "B," "C," and "D-." Jon Huntsman was not included, but he is probably an "A" also. Based on the ratings, Rick Perry, Michele Bachman, and Jon Huntsman would be the ones to support. I have to admit that, at present, Mitt Romney seems to be the best to defeat our Prez. What's a pro 2nd Amendment zealot like myself to do? I will support Rick Perry in hopes that he would never sign Federal Legislation banning open carry, or interfere with any State that promotes open carry. I will also hope that he picks an excellent Vice Presidential candidate. If, at the end of the day, Mitt Romney is our candidate, I will support him and vote for him in the general election. I will also hope he picks a Vice Presidential candidate who is more in tune with the 2nd Amendment. Admittedly, there are many holes in my decision, but this is the way I see it at present. :eek:

j4l

The far more important concern, I think, is the position of State-level candidates -Gov.'s, Senate/House, etc. We still have several States with horrific 2A laws and/or restrictions that need to be brought into the 21st century before we start worrying about what a Presidential wannabe thinks or feels on the matter..

DangerClose

Ron Paul is an "A+," but he is off the reservation on many issues.

Yeah, all that crazy stuff like cutting a trillion dollars his first year, securing U.S. borders, balancing the budget, auditing The Fed, stopping things like the NDAA detention bill, taking his oath to defend the Constitution seriously... he's crazy!

since9

Campaign Veteran
Yeah, all that crazy stuff like cutting a trillion dollars his first year, securing U.S. borders, balancing the budget, auditing The Fed, stopping things like the NDAA detention bill, taking his oath to defend the Constitution seriously... he's crazy!

Figaro only thinks he's off the reservation because the "reservation" has been grossly distorted by the media for many years. Ron Paul is RIGHT ON TARGET when it comes to our Constitution.

He's on the reservation.

Jeff Hayes

Figaro only thinks he's off the reservation because the "reservation" has been grossly distorted by the media for many years. Ron Paul is RIGHT ON TARGET when it comes to our Constitution.

He's on the reservation.

Well said since9

Aknazer

I'm in the military and I support Ron Paul. When I talk politics at work pretty much every person who follows politics supports him as well even if they don't agree with everything. As such I find it funny when people say he is so out of touch given just how many military members support him. So does this mean that most of our military are out of touch as well?

Beretta92FSLady

Romney would be the best overall candidate, Paul second - the best chance of winning that is.

Regarding the Second Amendment, well, Santorum.

"Rick Santorum vehemently opposed the Assault Weapons Ban because he believes that there are more effective ways to stop gun violence, such as stricter enforcement of existing laws, than taking away the rights of law abiding gun owners."

http://politicalnews.me/?id=10508&keys=GUNS-SECOND-AMENDMENT-RIGHTS

Plucked this from the Google'r.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

http://2012.presidential-candidates.org/Gun-Control.php

Any other candidates besides Paul want to abolish the ATF?

I am sorry, were we discussing candidates that have realistic policies, or are wishful thinkers? Paul would be a no-vote for a number of Republicans that are big supporters of the Military Complex, GeoPolitical, and ground warfare. Paul is pro-choice, believing that it should be left up to the States, not the Federal Government - but I suppose that Conservatives are willing to bend on some of their Principles, if the candidate might beat President Obama.

DangerClose

I am sorry, were we discussing candidates that have realistic policies, or are wishful thinkers?

I know you were discussing wishful-thinking candidates since Santorum wants to outlaw birth control and ban gay sexual acts in people's homes because "there's no right to privacy in the United States."

And you're the one who posted in this very thread: "Romney would be the best overall candidate, Paul second - the best chance of winning that is." Kinda weird how your opinion of Paul changes over the course of an hour.

Last edited:

Daylen

I am sorry, were we discussing candidates that have realistic policies, or are wishful thinkers? Paul would be a no-vote for a number of Republicans that are big supporters of the Military Complex, GeoPolitical, and ground warfare. Paul is pro-choice, believing that it should be left up to the States, not the Federal Government - but I suppose that Conservatives are willing to bend on some of their Principles, if the candidate might beat President Obama.

Depends on the type of conservative, constitutional or social.

Dreamer

Rick Perry is a globalist shill. He is for open borders, giving illegals in-state tuition, and mandatory vaccines for school children. If you think for ONE MINUTE that he would support 2A rights if his puppet masters told him to do otherwise, you are delusional...

Santorum is a duplicitous, elitist sociopath. Hos record speaks for itself.

Romney drafted the model for ObamaCare and was governor of one of the most anti-2A states east of the Mississippi.

Newt has been an avowed globalist for decades. He is a diciple of Alvin and Heidi Toffler, worked for the deindustrialization of America, and is about as concerned with the "Constitutional Rights" of US Citizens as George Soros.

WTFU, people. Your vote counts. Vote for the ONLY candidate that isn't an insane, power-drunk, sociopathic globalist shill.

Ron Paul 2012.
Any other vote is a vote for serfdom.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Rick Perry is a globalist shill. He is for open borders, giving illegals in-state tuition, and mandatory vaccines for school children. If you think for ONE MINUTE that he would support 2A rights if his puppet masters told him to do otherwise, you are delusional...

Romney drafted the model for ObamaCare and was governor of one of the most anti-2A states east of the Mississippi.

Newt has been an avowed globalist for decades. He is a diciple of Alvin and Heidi Toffler, worked for the deindustrialization of America, and is about as concerned with the "Constitutional Rights" of US Citizens as George Soros.

WTFU, people. Your vote counts. Vote for the ONLY candidate that isn't an insane, power-drunk, sociopathic globalist shill.

Ron Paul 2012.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone when I can't disagree with anything you post Dreamer.

Could you at least have added something about WTC7?

Screw it, I'll just get the reynold's wrap and make myself a hat.

fjpro2a

Late reply

On January 1st, 2012, I (fjpro2a) posted that "it's never easy to choose." I was hoping for some reasonable dialogue, but boy oh boy, that didn't happen. I didn't want to offend any of the current crop of candidates, but simply give my opinion. It's good for our country to have a spirited debate, simply because this is an incredibly important election. Let me put it this way. Whoever ends up with the nomination will get my vote. In the meantime, it is OK for people to "push" the candidate of their choice.

Beretta92FSLady

Ron Paul 2012.

For the sake of thoroughness, you should have included Paul in your critique, then at least, individuals might believe that you are genuinely looking at short-comings of all candidates. Some of Paul's visions of the U.S. are just as far out there are any of the other candidates. I am shocked that for such a sure-thing that President Obama is a sub-par Executive, it seems that what the Republicans have to offer up isn't much to take home, and brag to mom about. 2016, maybe, Republicans will have their shot.

fjpro2a

Way too late

For the sake of thoroughness, you should have included Paul in your critique, then at least, individuals might believe that you are genuinely looking at short-comings of all candidates. Some of Paul's visions of the U.S. are just as far out there are any of the other candidates. I am shocked that for such a sure-thing that President Obama is a sub-par Executive, it seems that what the Republicans have to offer up isn't much to take home, and brag to mom about. 2016, maybe, Republicans will have their shot.
If Obama wins a second term, there will be no 2016. It's all or nothing in 2012. :cry:

vanman80

Ron Paul stands for one thing and one thing only IMO; the right of the individual to be as free as they can. Do I agree with absolute pro-choice? No. DO I agree with some of his views on immigration (illegals)? No? But overall if this country is to remain as our founders intended then Ron Paul seems the only logical choice, as least for me anyway. If Romney gets it then we will continue to plod on toward our ultimate demise, just at a slower pace. And the same thing applies for the other candidates, just to lesser degrees. However, as Fjpro2a put it, if Obama wins then we are doomed. All or nothing in 2012.

DanieltheAnvil

Ron Paul and Rick Santorum are both STRONG on the 2nd amendment. Santorum gets an A rating from the NRA and Brought laws to the floor that Actually Changed or Perserved our Gun rights for the Better... I dont agree with the B- rating especailly since it gave no explaination

Daylen

Liberty is not "far out there", unless you are in a locality with none and if it is "far out there" then perhaps its time to go for it.