• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oklahoma trooper...get a life

DocWalker

I was informed that it is possible this will not even get to the hearing.....His lawyer is trying to settle....If he succeeds....this entire story will never be seen by the public due to OK law. Trooper Green would get a clean slate....and I will not even know the outcome of the settlement.

Trying to get subpoena served to save records and especially the tape.

Must have a OK attorney to issue this subpoena.....suggestions?

It sounds like they are going to try and "white wash" the who thing. I would alert the news media and get it public and file a civil suit. If they destroy evidence prior to a civil suit being settled heads will roll.

If it gets brushed under the rug officer green will be out to harrass and maybe kill the next kid he leaves a loaded weapon around.

FILE FILE FILE...

zekester

I have contacted the reporter that did the story on the fact that OHP is exempt from FOIA....she says she is looking into it....

I have written to the Congressmen trying to change the law....

I am in contact with a lawyer in OK....

Who knows.......time is short

Last edited:

Crosstimbers Okie

In my youth there was no more professional law enforcement agency anywhere than the Oklahoma Highway Patrol. The last few years it seems that things have changed a bit. I keep hearing about these kinds of things happening. I moved from Oklahoma eleven years ago. Has OHP degenerated into a gang of complete jerkoffs? It seems like they are always in the funny papers, from choking EMTs, to ****** attitudes, to "I-don't-know-the-law-I-just-enforce-it."

Crosstimbers Okie

IMHO if Eric Holder tells us we don't have to have an ID to vote, then I'm not going to produce an ID just to appease a over zellous cop if I have done nothing wrong.

:D:D:D

Beautiful! He is the boss of every US Attorney in the nation. As I recall, the US Department of Justice was founded in 1870 with the primary mission of protecting civil rights. The last I checked, the second amendment enunciated a civil right. But, try as I might I'm unable to find anywhere in the US Constitution anything that explicitly guarantees the right to vote to persons other than elected representatives and presidential electors.

So, Mr. holder should be at least as zealous in protecting an explicitly stated civil right as he is in protecting one that is only implied.

Wouldn't you think?? :confused:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
:D:D:D

Beautiful! He is the boss of every US Attorney in the nation. As I recall, the US Department of Justice was founded in 1870 with the primary mission of protecting civil rights. The last I checked, the second amendment enunciated a civil right. But, try as I might I'm unable to find anywhere in the US Constitution anything that explicitly guarantees the right to vote to persons other than elected representatives and presidential electors.

So, Mr. holder should be at least as zealous in protecting an explicitly stated civil right as he is in protecting one that is only implied.

Wouldn't you think?? :confused:

Eric Holder continues to talk out of both sides of his mouth...........and that other orifice.

zekester

update

I was not called as a witness...but because I was on the "witness list",,,,I could not attend the hearing...(planned?....I think so...)

this is not over.....stay tuned!!!

Z

Last edited:

1911 Range Officer

Best wish's!

Note the blindfold.
HK_Central_Statue_Square_Legislative_Council_Building_n_Themis_s.jpg

Last edited:

zekester

Thanks to the new law.......this ain't over yet

I may finally get the video and audio of this stop after 11-1-14 when the new "cam" law takes effect.

That is if it still exist....

Statue of limitations my be expired by now, but if I get the tape and audio, I will post it to show exactly why the law was passed in the first place...

I still believe that the Trooper should be charged, just as this mother was charged for not securing firearms...

http://www.latimes.com/local/crime/la-me-parent-gun-charges-20141016-story.html

Z

Last edited:

Glock 1st fan

Here is one for the record books.

Coming back from Texas I had a flat on Hwy 69 just outside of Durant OK…My son had apparently taken my jack so I could not change my tire. I was in the process of calling my service to come help me and an Oklahoma State Patrol car pulled up behind me. I was so happy, it was a very small shoulder and I had already told my 16yr old daughter to get out of the car so if we got hit she would not be in danger.

So, I am on the phone, trooper walks up to me and motioned me for my ID…WHAT???….I am on a short shoulder, and this guy wants to check my ID!!! Not fearing anything, I fumbled around, while talking to my service and gave him my DL…

After running my plates, my Dl…he came back…I am still on the phone. When he brought a jack with him I was relieved. I got off the phone after cancelling the service and told Officer Michael Green that I didn’t want to violate any laws and that I was carrying a sidearm. I thought he was going to shoot me on the spot!!!

I informed the officer that it was condition one. He still took my weapon, dropped the mag and turned it to himself to check the SN….POINTED AT HIMSELF….he then racked the slide and the chambered round came out. He yells at me…”You said that there was not one in the chamber”. I told him that I said it was condition one. He says’ You need to be more clear about that”….got to love the informed LEO’S!!

Here comes the fun part…He takes my weapon puts it UNDER a blanket on the passenger seat where my daughter was, and puts the mag and the extra round in the glove box.

I change my tire, gave him back his jack and he ask me to get in the patrol car because he has to fill out paperwork for the “assistance stop”.

He then tells my daughter to get back in car…..guess what, she sat on!!!! That is right, my unloaded weapon. She took the weapon and placed it on the dash in front of the passenger seat.

Now I am in his car and he starts to give me the right act about concealed carry and the like. Meanwhile my 16yr old daughter is in a car with a weapon and knows how to use it…..what an idiot.

Officer Green calls the DA of Bryan County and wants to know what he can charge me with because I didn’t notify him of the weapon…Basically it was told to me, that if I let him search my car for drugs, they would lower the fine…I don’t do drugs and don’t have any…so what the hell. I just want to go home.

Officer Greene, leaving me in his car, goes up to my daughter and starts giving her the right act, “ If you lie to me, and I find illegal drugs in the car, I don’t care if you’re a 16 year old little girl I will take your dad to jail and take you to a shelter and have your mom come pick you up.” my daughter told me this)…He told my daughter to get out of the car and then freaked out!!!…He couldn’t find the weapon that he put on the seat…..yelled at my daughter, which told him it was on the dash…..still…got to love these “well trained officers”

After another 45mn of ripping through all the Christmas presents and finding nothing Officer Green returns to the car….but it is not over with yet!!!

Officer Green informs me that I had been arrested for “discharging a firearm while intoxicated” and that I will have to submit to “blow” especially because I have beer on ice in a cooler.

First of all I was never arrested for anything of the sort…..but I blew because I wasn’t drinking…I just wanted out of there…

After the blow, he then starts giving me a lecture again on how I should know that I “have to notify” police officers that I am carrying a weapon. I politely told him that this is not required in Missouri and he told me that it was a “National” law….WHAT?….What the hell do they teach these idiots?..

Officer Green kept mentioning that he has a concealed carry license and that we both went to the same training and I should know better. Again I just wanted out of there, but I should have told him that the Florida license requires only a DD214 to get a license.

Here is the kicker, and no one should ever doubt that this is a money making machine. Officer Green said that if I wanted to I could go to the courthouse right now and pay the fine and I could be on my way…..I told him to write the ticket and I will handle it another way…

So he did…I got a ticket for failure to notify….$211.50 fine.

I have sent a FOI to the OK Dept of Public Safety for the Video and Audio recordings and I will keep you informed.

Just for a side note...the whole time I was wearing my "I have a gun under this shirt"...t-shirt

Skipping all of the post due to time but its been a long standing practice for police to ask for I.D. when assisting traffic on the side of the highway. Though it is at best questionable what offense one might have committed Police just like to verify they are not dealing with a criminal.

The issue here is though what constitutes probable cause and I can not personally see any. There are some instances where shoulders can only be used for emergencies and with that it is left vague. Does a flat constitute an emergency? I would think so but maybe other officers would not.

I really have no answers to offer on this though I am sure Ill get flaming remarks made but the best I can offer is if you feel your rights have been violated then contact an attorney.

As mentioned in some responses there are clear guidelines an officer can not simply disarm you because you are wearing a firearm with minimal exceptions.

But seek help from an attorney. Coming on a board is riskey at best as some advice will be good and some will not.

OC for ME

The "we need to know if you are a felon" is a worn out, to me anyway, excuse to justify a potentially unlawful request. But, cops can ask you anything right?

Well, I asked a local cop for his ID and you would've thought I slapped him...how dare I was the look on his face. Then he caught himself and proceeded to ask for mine. I said, "nope, anybody can ask anyone, anything, no?"

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...we don't want egg on our face that we loaned a jack to a murder suspect who had 10 warrants out on him and sent him on his way so yes we check I.D. on people we perform official capacity on....

How do Troopers survive in states like AZ:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...tate-Trooper-Experience&p=2128576#post2128576

...My back left tire tread completely shredded and separated at 75mph on I-10 ... a little while later, a trooper in an SUV pulled up behind me. ... he even suggested that maybe the slapping of the separated tread could have tripped the fuel inertia switch. ... We located the switch, pressed the button, and my car fired right up ... I thanked him sincerely and shook his hand before he left. ... he never asked me for my ID or any personal info. He was perfectly comfortable with my pistol being in the car...

In OK:
...I would first ask for I.D. and politely inform the person I was dealing with of my concerns and check the I.D. at this point .... Once its established he his not wanted I would simply and politely tell him I am going to sit behind him with my warning lights to prevent him from being hit.

Being a police officer is a difficult job...