• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti Violence Candlelight Vigil on January 8

timf343

Campaign Veteran
What: Anti-Violence Candlelight Vigil
Where: Fremont Street Experience, 3rd Street stage
When: January 8, 6pm
Who: Sponsored by Guerrilla Lawfare
Why: In memory of those who lost their lives or were injured by the violent shooting on January 8 last year.

We are holding a candlelight vigil on Fremont Street Experience and will have a moment of silence in memory of those affected by last year's shooting.

The shooting took place on January 8, 2011. US Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head and 18 others were shot, 6 of whom lost their lives, including a Federal Judge.

We have already received approval from Clark County Fire District and Fremont Street Experience. All members of the public are welcome and encouraged to attend. We will also be inviting local media and elected officials.

If you would like to hand out candles, please show up at 5pm, and please be open carrying. Guerrilla Lawfare has purchased the candles, candle holders, and wax catchers, and has assembled them at our cost. All you need to do is show up and help demonstrate, through peaceful remembrance, that gun owners are also against gun violence.
jan8vigil.gif

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I am out...

of town for the next couple weeks. Sorry; I would like to be there.

john-in-reno

Didnt know this was a Brady Campaign thing!

Political leaders in both parties should be treating the annual gun death toll as a serious public health and moral problem. Polls show the public wants action. Protest candlelight vigils organized by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence are being planned nationally for Jan. 8. Nearly 30 cities and towns have signed up, proof that sensible voters are demanding stronger protection from gun violence.

Here is the whole story
Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...of-record-gun-sales-and-of.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.bradycampaign.org/toomanyvictims/

Last edited:

TigerLily

Political leaders in both parties should be treating the annual gun death toll as a serious public health and moral problem. Polls show the public wants action. Protest candlelight vigils organized by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence are being planned nationally for Jan. 8. Nearly 30 cities and towns have signed up, proof that sensible voters are demanding stronger protection from gun violence.

Here is the whole story
Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...of-record-gun-sales-and-of.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.bradycampaign.org/toomanyvictims/

Indeed that is what the gun control folks would like to see. We have a completely opposing view. Had the shooter that day seen open carriers at that event, does anyone think he would have been "nutty" enough to open fire? Odds are HELL NO.

FallonJeeper

I really get frustrated when I hear a proposal, for yet another bill, for which there is already a law for that purpose, or where enforcing existing laws would/could have prevented a shooting. Poor enforcement of the laws doesn't justify clamping down on the rights of law abiding citizens. What's it going to take?

Sen Schumer was all over the place in that interview. He discussed magazine size limits, assault rifle ban, Brady Act. All of which he is for. And he wants to assure the concerned gun owners of America, that restrictions on the 2nd amendment will not hurt us.

TigerLily

An 11 minute edited archive of my radio show - with lots of "love" to opencarry.org. At the start of this archive I read what was emailed to me by one of you. On air, I read all the posts on this thread (not included in this archive).

I'll have an update of all the material I used on my facebook radio page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKJz1hT0pNY

Thank you to all who participated.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Someone pointed out on Facebook that four times more people die every year from fires than from gun accidents.

And what is starting those fires? I'll bet two of the reasons at the top of the list is still smoking and Christmas trees. Where are the registrations, licenses, and bans?

KBCraig

And what is starting those fires? I'll bet two of the reasons at the top of the list is still smoking and Christmas trees. Where are the registrations, licenses, and bans?

I think unattended candles are a major cause, thus the irony.

I hope the Brady Bunch didn't kill anyone Sunday.