• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The TSA's New Public Relations Campaign - What's Behind This?

Please read OP FIRST: What's behind the increase in incidents at TSA checkpoints?

• The TSA is increasing the number of reports they share with the media.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Travelers are lowering their guard and making more mistakes.

• The TSA is fudging at least some of the numbers/incidents.

• Terrorists or sympathists are probing the TSA for weaknesses.

• 1 and 3

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 2 and 4

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Three or more of Options1-4.

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

since9

Campaign Veteran
I really shouldn't say "new," as a great deal of effort has been spent propping up the TSA's legitimacy since its inception. Despite their efforts, however, comments have steadily plied the Internet concerning the TSA's inability to stop either well-trained terrorists or, for that matter, inadvertent goofs on the part of honest citizens. That the "terrorists" they did manage to stop were bumbling goofs, at best, seems to be a point they're adept at overlooking.

In recent weeks, however, I've seen a slew of news articles about citizens who've "tried to sneak past" TSA. While the reporters are clearly violating the individuals' rights by making such false accusations before the individuals' intent has been properly determined is beside the point.

The point is that in the last month, a week hasn't transpired where someone wasn't caught at a TSA checkpoint with a firearm, a stun gun, a knife, or explosive material wrapped in a military wrapper. Today's catch: "Woman 'tried' to bring stun gun on plane in NYC." Article. There's the ignorant reporter using inappropriate words like "try," which implies intent, without intent having been properly determined.

My question to you folks out there is this: What's behind this?

1. The TSA is increasing the number of reports they share with the media.
2. Travelers are lowering their guard and making more mistakes.
3. The TSA is fudging at least some of the numbers/incidents.
4. Terrorists or sympathists are probing the TSA for weaknesses.
5. 1 and 3
6. 2 and 4
7. Three or more of items 1-4.

okboomer

I think it is a combination of 1, 2, and 3 ... forget #4 as I think they are looking at other avenues such as home-grown dumbasses

Dreamer

You forgot this option:

8) The current administration is staging more brazen false-flag events to cause elevated fear among the American public, and attempt to paint TSA as something good, in an effort to distract from the wide-spread criminality in the TSA, the Justice Department in general, and this entire administration, so that the ENTIRE country--"left", "right" and "middle" doesn't wholesale "trow da bumz owt" in November, and to justify increased budget expenditures, expanded tyrannical authority, and increased encroachments on the Liberties and Freedoms of law-abiding citizens under the guise of "fighting terrorism"...

Last edited:

Dreamer

Speaking of dubious operations at TSA--I recently saw a couple sellers on EBAY who was selling bulk lots of REALLY nice corkscrews and waiters tools. They say in the description that they were bought from a government auction and were the result of TSA confiscations.

SO apparently, when TSA confiscates your stuff, they don't just landfill it, or destroy/recycle it.

They "surplus" it to GSA who then administers an auction to recoup the costs fo handling these items, and most of the auction money goes BACK to the originating agency--in this case TSA.

So TSA is, among other things, NOW also running a government-sponsored fencing operation, where they steal your stuff and then sell it at a profit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-4-Pullt...121?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337052edd1

since9

Campaign Veteran
You forgot this option:

8) The current administration is staging more brazen false-flag events to cause elevated fear among the American public, and attempt to paint TSA as something good, in an effort to distract from the wide-spread criminality in the TSA, the Justice Department in general, and this entire administration, so that the ENTIRE country--"left", "right" and "middle" doesn't wholesale "trow da bumz owt" in November, and to justify increased budget expenditures, expanded tyrannical authority, and increased encroachments on the Liberties and Freedoms of law-abiding citizens under the guise of "fighting terrorism"...

This falls under #3: 3. The TSA is fudging at least some of the numbers/incidents.