• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Indianapolis Kroger worker kills would be robber

griffin

Bad guy: convicted of armed robbery and illegal firearm possession, sentenced to "five years" two years ago, already out of prison and committing armed robbery again.

http://www.in.gov/apps/indcorrection/ofs/ofs?previous_page=1&detail=196626

I like some of the comments on the Kroger: Do Not Fire Employee for Shooting Robber! facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Krog...ber-SHOW-YOUR-Support/345781555438701?sk=wall

Ted Fleischaker He should be fired immediately. I won't be shopping there if he is allowed to carry a gun at work and I am for REPEAL OF THE 2nd AMENDMENT and the immediate banning of ALL guns as well!

Kate Shepherd This is my Kroger and I have to say i'm re-evaluating that. I know the man shot was allegedly attempting to rob the store, but it makes me uncomfortable to know employees may have guns...and not hesitate to use them. I'm waiting to hear what the company has to say, but am not going to be shopping there until they give some answers about what's allowed. I don't care that it's the holiday season...seems Kroger has been slow to respond. They need to work on that or risk losing business.

Mary Dewhurst He didn't just shoot just once folks. SHAME on you people for rejoicing because a young man is dead! He has a grieving family. If the so called "hero" had only fired once then yes, he would be a hero BUT he shot FOUR TIMES! That's just another ANGRY person who had a chance to take a life and did so!Angry people don't need to be carrying guns EVER! Yeah, I've said it before & I'll say it again we need tighter restrictions on guns! Before anyone says anything about "responsible" gun ownership remember one thing. KROGERS has a strict NO GUN policy so you cannot say this hero is a responsible gun owner because responsible gun owners do not take guns where they are PROHIBITED!

William Fisher

Don't know what's wrong with some of those people. Elijah Elliot should NOT be fired. Not allowing an employee to defend the life of another is stupid. The manager was taken at gunpoint during an attempted robbery. He was STOPPED. Had a child or grandchild of theirs (if they have one) been taken and a gun put in their back, would they still feel the same? Would they prefer to grieve the loss of the childs life or have the the family of the poor, misguided, misunderstood man who couldn't get a job and just had to borrow money at gunpoint be the grieving party?

Ya know, I really don't want to think about that myself because there are SOME PEOPLE (if they can be refered to as such) who would still say that the employee shouldn't have been armed. Maybe some of those posting for his firing. Rejoicing because the bad guy is dead? Why not rejoice because the manager is alive? That's worth shouting about.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Regarding the insane comments, keep in mind that self-defense is too easy to comprehend. The anti-self-defense commenters must have an agenda or be batty themselves (or both.) Its entirely possible one or more of the negative commenters is genuinely anti-social and wants to see innocents bleed and die.

hogeaterf6

Anything new on this?

I wrote Kroger last week and got a typed reply today that it was being forwarded to the appropriate folks.

griffin

Kroger Manager Resigns In Wake Of Fatal Shooting

Kroger Manager Resigns In Wake Of Fatal Shooting

INDIANAPOLIS -- A Kroger manager who fatally shot a man who police said was trying to rob the store voluntarily resigned Wednesday.

Elijah "Levi" Elliott, 24, shot Jeremy Atkinson, 26, at the Kroger store at 5025 W. 71st St. on Dec. 26, after Atkinson put an employee in a chokehold and charged at Elliott, police said.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/30351883/detail.html

hogeaterf6

Thats what big companies do. 'Force' you to resign. Happens all the time.

Thx for the update. Guess I still will shop there.

cce1302

Given the neighborhood and clientele, I can see why he resigned. If he had remained there, I don't think he would have lived long. He would likely have been targeted by revenge violence very quickly.

Kroger has been pretty good around here concerning firearms. I have had no problem open carrying in both of the Krogers near here.