• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopping in to say hello

Jameson

Hello all, tonight curiosity got the best of me and started doing research on states that allow OC and seems to be that North Carolina is one of them. Im currently stationed up here in the military and im originally from Florida which up until I left in mid 2010 was not a OC state and have been CC since 2006. Im just sitting here doing more reading on what my rights are and are not and how to de-escalate a situation with potential scared people or LEO issues that may come from it. Im glad to see this site exists to get the knowledge out there and what you are all doing with being helpful.

Jameson

At the moment im just arming myself up with more info and knowledge. I need to buy a few new holsters as the ones I have are more so for CC, Would rather get a level II retention or somthing along those lines for OC. I have a few galco underarms and paddle holsters that I use right now, but would feel more comfortable with a little better setup.

ArmySoldier22

At the moment im just arming myself up with more info and knowledge. I need to buy a few new holsters as the ones I have are more so for CC, Would rather get a level II retention or somthing along those lines for OC. I have a few galco underarms and paddle holsters that I use right now, but would feel more comfortable with a little better setup.

If you're going retention, which is a smart idea, I'd look at the Blackhawk Serpa retention holster. Interchangeable between belt and paddle, but I always wear the paddle.

bc.cruiser

Elizabeth City? Not a recruiter are you?:lol:

Like ChiefJason I also use the Serpa, but check out Safariland ALS holsters.

Welcome to the forum.

Jameson

If you're going retention, which is a smart idea, I'd look at the Blackhawk Serpa retention holster. Interchangeable between belt and paddle, but I always wear the paddle.

That is one in particular that I had my eye on... I have multiple firearms I would CC as it would permit to what I was wearing to time of the year and such. I would carry my .357 snub Taurus in shorts, teeshit/tank top or when riding my motorcycle since its a slim firearm as im only 170lbs myself. Glock 27 was my general wearing pants and shirt/light jacket and during winter would be my Beretta 92 or Citadel 1911... Yes I am well aware that its good to stick with a firearm to be proficient with it and such but I live out in the sticks and go shooting out back 1-3 times a week so im not a stranger to these pistols. I just need to set myself on what to OC and go from there on a holster selection, it will probally be between my Citadel 1911 .45 or Glock 27...

Elizabeth City? Not a recruiter are you?:lol:

Like ChiefJason I also use the Serpa, but check out Safariland ALS holsters.

Welcome to the forum.

Nope not a recruiter, Im a C-130 mechanic/aircrew in the USCG...

Last edited:

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
Welcome, Jameson!

It may or not meet your needs, but I use a Fobus holster when OC with my Glock 22. I think they make a quality product.

For CC, I'm sold on the holsters from N82Tactical.com. They are SUPER comfortable, even in warm weather. The best part is that N82 Tactical is a very cool North Carolina company.

Last edited: