Thread: Quick question

Quick question

I open carry, and sometimes put my firearm, under my seat in the car, holstered. I don't have a CCW. My question is. Am I required to notify a officer i'm carrying, if he didn't ask. If an officer asks, I will tell him I am. What I'm wondering is if I have to let him know when I hand them my info.

Cool Quick question

All of your questions about weapons in Arizona can be answered in www.handgunlaw.us and in ARIZONA CITIZENS DEFENSE LEAGUE, INC.
    ACDL is a great organization working for firearm laws in AZ. Inexpensive to join.
    Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidph8 View Post
    I open carry, and sometimes put my firearm, under my seat in the car, holstered. I don't have a CCW. My question is. Am I required to notify a officer i'm carrying, if he didn't ask. If an officer asks, I will tell him I am. What I'm wondering is if I have to let him know when I hand them my info.
    Adding to Mitch's comments (and thanks for the AzCDL plug Mitch!), if you are 21 or older, you are not required to notify (ARS 13-3102.A.1(b))a police officer if they don't ask.

However, if you are under 21, that gun under the seat is a "concealed" weapon and illegal.

From a tactical perspective, why is the gun under the seat?

As an FYI, the best commercial source for Arizona gun laws is The Arizona Gun Owners Guide .

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by azcdlfred View Post
    Adding to Mitch's comments (and thanks for the AzCDL plug Mitch!), if you are 21 or older, you are not required to notify (ARS 13-3102.A.1(b))a police officer if they don't ask.

However, if you are under 21, that gun under the seat is a "concealed" weapon and illegal.

From a tactical perspective, why is the gun under the seat?

As an FYI, the best commercial source for Arizona gun laws is The Arizona Gun Owners Guide .

Fred
    If I have to head to into work, or going into a place I can't carry. I stick it under the seat. I know it's not the best place for it, but it's the only place for it if Im not carrying. BTW im 28 so I can conceal. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidph8 View Post
    If I have to head to into work, or going into a place I can't carry. I stick it under the seat. I know it's not the best place for it, but it's the only place for it if Im not carrying. BTW im 28 so I can conceal. Thanks for the info.
    If you must leave your handgun inside your locked car unattended, PLEASE buy a small lock box ($35) with double cable to secure the box and gun to your vehicle.

We have wandering cretins in Arizona who seek out unattended vehicles for a smash n' grab. Stolen handguns are a prized item among those animals.