• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who Needs a Gun in a National Park?

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I remember when NPS rangers came by Camp Four in Yosemite for a bit of refreshment and would complain about drawing the short straw and having to carry THE gun that day. Sic transit gloria mundi.

Beretta92FSLady

Do you know if Mt. Rainier Rangers carry firearms? I know when I've gone to Shenandoah NP all the "rangers" look like Barbie doll tour guides, no guns.

When camping with my partner, and kids, we both always carry. We were approached by a Sheriff, and a Ranger, the Ranger was not armed. Once she seen that I was armed, she went back behind a tree, then started talking to me. The Sheriff that was with her did not act weird at all.

Personally, I never go into the mountains without at least my sidearm.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Personally, I never go into the mountains without at least my sidearm.

You do realize, do you not, that Obama, Hillary, the UN, and the entire Democratic machine are desperately trying to yank your right away from you, don't you? Egads, lady, it's not only all over the news, it's all over their political platforms, as well as the news over the last three years. It's there, but only if you'll look at it. If you gouge out your eyeballs and continue to chant in Obamaspeak, you'll merely confirm you're one of the weak-minded who succumbed, as did those in Australia, as well as Great Britain.

WHY is it you continue to support him as he's bending over backwards to strip you of your 2A rights and render you as one of his subjects?

Don't you get it? Are you that ridiculously clueless? Void of the current and historical facts? Paralyzed by ideology to the extent you're no longer able to discern the truth at all but are merely a brain-washed, mindless player headed for the Wash DC cesspool?

Please!!!

Either you're a plant for the opposition or you're as certifiable as they are.

Beretta92FSLady

You do realize, do you not, that Obama, Hillary, the UN, and the entire Democratic machine are desperately trying to yank your right away from you, don't you? Egads, lady, it's not only all over the news, it's all over their political platforms, as well as the news over the last three years. It's there, but only if you'll look at it. If you gouge out your eyeballs and continue to chant in Obamaspeak, you'll merely confirm you're one of the weak-minded who succumbed, as did those in Australia, as well as Great Britain.

WHY is it you continue to support him as he's bending over backwards to strip you of your 2A rights and render you as one of his subjects?

Don't you get it? Are you that ridiculously clueless? Void of the current and historical facts? Paralyzed by ideology to the extent you're no longer able to discern the truth at all but are merely a brain-washed, mindless player headed for the Wash DC cesspool?

Please!!!

Either you're a plant for the opposition or you're as certifiable as they are.

Let's get real here. I stated this some time ago: These things are a matter of what they would like to do v. what they can do. There is no certainty in anything when voting for the other side of the coin, so individuals ought to weigh all issues.

I have no Ideological association with President Obama. I would merely vote for him because he is 'better' than the alternative. It isn't as if we are actually practicing Democracy here people!--we are practicing an exercise in picking the 'better' of the the side of one coin.

Regarding me being a plant for the opposition, can I ask you, what would my responses on here actually affect on individuals on here? Do you actually believe that there are individuals on this page that can be persuaded by my obviously complex philosophical positions? if I swayed, or persuaded one person on here to vote for President Obama, I would consider that a feat, as well as a very-much unintended end.

t11spanner

Margaret was a Federal LEO, and she carried.

Shenandoah NP, Prince William NF, Manassas National Battlefield all have Federal LEO's.

All NPS employees wear the same uniform and badge whether LEO or just a plain Ranger. Hell when I dispatched at Valley Forge NHP, I wore the same uniforms and badges too.

Carl

Do you know if Mt. Rainier Rangers carry firearms? I know when I've gone to Shenandoah NP all the "rangers" look like Barbie doll tour guides, no guns.