• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Getting stuff done at PCDC....advice needed

sempercarry

Ok. I have a traffic hearing coming up and judging by my last experience at the court on 96th (yes I know they moved) and in downtown that there may need to be something done. Ya ya ya "do you want to take care of your business or be right" "pick your battles"...well....I am willing to fight for this one and take the hit if need be. I am going to carry on court day and I am thinking about doing 1 of 2 things. Refusing to show ID to check my weapon as it is not required (I will be denied entry and miss my date) or not consenting to a search of the serial number on my weapon or personal info on my ID (pretty sure that is the only reason they want it) I may be denied entry or allowed entry and they check it anyway or allowed entry and my privacy respected. If I choose the latter I would love to have a fellow OCer on the scanner to listen/record checks if any. I will have my recorder on as I enter.....well...that's it....lemme have it.

John Hardin

You already said you'd be recording - good. You might also want to take along several printed copied of the relevant laws. They may not care, but it can't hurt. Show up early so that time isn't on their side.