• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

O.C. Vigils on January 8th?

Justman1020

If we can get enough people, i MIGHT be willing to make a ride up, or if someone wants to carpool from down south? Tacoma?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Can someone tell me why this is a good idea? I am personally not for an organised response to this event sponsored by the anti's. An organised 'in your face' protest shows a passive aggressive tact from OCDO/gun rights people. I just find that boorish. Going by yourself or with a buddy and showing genuine interest can have a greater impact than any organised response. IMO YMMV.

Hardbuck90

They probably would see it as in your face type of thing, just the same way they think legal gun owners are the cause of gun violence...:banghead:

Metalhead47

Can someone tell me why this is a good idea? I am personally not for an organised response to this event sponsored by the anti's. An organised 'in your face' protest shows a passive aggressive tact from OCDO/gun rights people. I just find that boorish. Going by yourself or with a buddy and showing genuine interest can have a greater impact than any organised response. IMO YMMV.

This.

How about instead showing genuine disgust by going by yourself or with a buddy & just mooning the fools? :lol:

trevorthebusdriver

Maybe just a few of us circulating among the crowd, and when someone says "Why do you have a gun?, this is a vigil for victims of gun violence!", I would calmly reply "I, too, think there are too many victims lost to gun violence, the difference between you and I is that I am prepared to do something about it." or something like that....

jsanchez

I remember the same people say don't go to Steinbrek park in Seattle when the Brady Campaign came to town with there starbucks petition. We showed up in force. I especially remember a man with his family, baby in stroller, open carrying on the news that night putting a great impession out there of gun owners and our side of the story. I was there to listen, this time im there to stand up for my rights. Have you forgotten the lies ceasefire told at Greenlake about 6000 people dying in washington state over the last 5 years. I wish we had some one like dave workman or Deros to speak to the media on saturday, like they have in the past. Where are our leaders when we need them most. Do you want this lady getting the only message out.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kEoRA3qsxc. Am I wrong here?

Last edited:

jsanchez

Also what do you think their plan for saturday is going to be? The weather will be all right. Are they going to lay a bunch of candles out in the square symbolizing all the dead from guns in washington state? How do we counter that? Are they going to have the same 35 people they had at their town hall last year, remember the one where they hired a cop because they were afraid of trouble from the pro gun side. Are these people going to be holding candles with pictures of loved ones who died by guns.

We could point out all the high profile cases around here were guns could have made a difference, like the two lesbian ladies whe got raped and murdered in the Georgetown district of Seattle or Mr. Vargus who got robbed and killed in Rainer Valley last month. We could point out the cost saving to tax payers it these victims had just killed the criminal, no court or prison costs. We could point out all the early releases DOC has planned and less parole monitoring, having a gun might save your life.

Any body got any ideas of how to counter?

jsanchez

That is an excellent example Jbone. Do you know of any others here in Washington state?