• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

O.C. Vigils on January 8th?

jsanchez

Well you know 95% of the time when a citizen pulls a gun in self defense they don't use it. The bad guy runs off.

1245A Defender

well yea,,,,

Well you know 95% of the time when a citizen pulls a gun in self defense they don't use it. The bad guy runs off.

then the badguy calls the cops to report that he was threatened by a man with a gun.
just ask Sigfan about that...

I have become convinced over the years, that If you pull your gun to defend yourself,
you NEED to shoot the threat!
actually shooting seems to be the only way to show that you were justified under 9.41.270,,, (c),3.

jt59

That is an excellent example Jbone. Do you know of any others here in Washington state?

Like these?

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington/Deadly-shooting-was-self-defense-say-detectives-98272624.html

http://puyallup.komonews.com/content/intruder-shot-dead-during-home-invasion-robbery-attempt

Bad outcome: http://www.king5.com/news/local/Home-invasion-robbery-shooting-in-Edgewood-92388284.html

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2014221529_apwafatalkennewickshooting.html

it seems more often than not, these stories don't always involve upright citizens like the women in the story protecting her family. You can google these up by city, county pretty easily if you want more.....

sudden valley gunner

then the badguy calls the cops to report that he was threatened by a man with a gun.
just ask Sigfan about that...

I have become convinced over the years, that If you pull your gun to defend yourself,
you NEED to shoot the threat!
actually shooting seems to be the only way to show that you were justified under 9.41.270,,, (c),3.

Then they will try to charge you with using more force than necessary. Our legal system and those in it have gone way beyond it's intent and constitutional authority.

DEROS72

I remember the same people say don't go to Steinbrek park in Seattle when the Brady Campaign came to town with there starbucks petition. We showed up in force. I especially remember a man with his family, baby in stroller, open carrying on the news that night putting a great impession out there of gun owners and our side of the story. I was there to listen, this time im there to stand up for my rights. Have you forgotten the lies ceasefire told at Greenlake about 6000 people dying in washington state over the last 5 years. I wish we had some one like dave workman or Deros to speak to the media on saturday, like they have in the past. Where are our leaders when we need them most. Do you want this lady getting the only message out.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kEoRA3qsxc. Am I wrong here?

Personally I see no point in attanding this rally.They will take it, as will any media as trying to be confrontational.Those that go seem to me want to be in their face and say look at me! This is not the forum for us.Let them have their vigil as is their right.If and when they try to push their agenda with the state legislator is when I will get involved and would hope we could at that time bring the numbers.Their vigil at this point doesn't threaten anyones rights.I will wait and see what they will do next.They are so outnumbered in this state and we have come such a long way I will be careful not to put the wrong image in front of the media.So for now I don't see the point in marching around their vigil trying to get noticed.We will have our say !

jsanchez

There are 6 million people in Washington state counting babies and older folks. There are 300,000 conceal carry permit holders. There are 600,000 people in Seattle. How many anti gunners, or people who would be brain washed enough to vote for their agenda? More and more people are moving here from California and other places, they don't have the same experiences and values as we do, it may take time to open their minds. I come from California, they took my assualt weapons, closed down the gun shows, and took away my gun rights by marketing and using the media. The leaders of Ceasefire are media/marketing professionals, they have the inside track.

Someone once said the only way to be rid of a disease is to keep company with it. I'm asking everyone to come out and see what these anti gunners are doing to take away your gun rights. To see their tatics, how they spin their stuff. I know some of you might be afraid of doing the wrong thing that would hurt our cause. How can you hurt the cause by keeping your mouth shut and observing, and then talking about it here afterwards? How can you hurt the cause by getting to know the people from all over the puget sound that are like you and want to protect their gun rights and stop these people? How can you hurt the cause by getting to know your enemy?

This is the ideal occasion to see these antigunnes and start to understand what your up against. You know when I and a couple of others went to their townhall fundraiser it scared them, it made their membership think twice about coming out. It also gave them food for thought and they had to listen to our side because we were there.

(Edited due to circumstances) Im not going out there to cause a scene or make trouble,or a bad impression, just the opposite.

I remember the Spanaway event, and how well Deros handled the media. Remember the tricks the media tried to play when talking to some of our members. Was that Ruby, older female, that did that great interview, sound bite. To bad all the great media savy people we have are not going to be here to practice your craft this time. If you dont have experience talking to the media what are the chances your going to be successful at it? I hope that when they start trying to pass laws against open carry, assualt weapons, gun show loop holes, we will be able to turn out more people than the last get together at the capitol, 2nd Admen. rally, not a big turn out, but it was well organized and run.

Remember at the Assault Weapons Ban hearrings, Pam Rouch was the only Assualt Weapons Ban panel member that spoke out for us, and tore the bellevue police chief up. What happens when she's gone. I worry about us not being organised and practiced enough, and informed enough to win next time.

So I'm going tomarrow. I know 5 other people that are going. So we will see what happens. But I'm dressing nice, wearing a nice holster and am going to have fun with my open carry friends. Wish you all would come.

Last edited:

BrownC6

It has been over a year since my last meet with any of you but i will be there today with a friend, the general idea is sound and as long as there are not any people that act rashly from either direction this could be beneficial even if only a small amount. Hope to see some of you there.

jsanchez

Great event. 7 people showed up. I will be uploading video to youtube tonite so stand by. There was no problems everyone was smart, well dressed, and set a good example. More to follow tonite after I get back from family event.

Elimsitna

Howdy all!
Long time lerker, First time out O.c.ing and meeting with some of the fine people from our illustrious forum here.

Ceasefire hosted a nice event, High point was when an occupyer-type stormed up and was going off about "how much all this must have cost and the homeless right-over-there, ya-know" One of the guys from the crowed nicely took one for the herd and talked to him off on one side.

It was difficult to hear what all was being said, The ceasefire leader discussed some choice stats, that probably weren't entirely accurate, the only pone I caught was that 600 POEPLE have DIED to GUN VIOLENCE... over the last 10 years... Also -apparently- last year more people died to gun-violence then in vehicle accidents(both stats 'here in WA state'), I'd like to see the numbers on that one, cause I'm pretty sure thats wrong.

He did very clearly state that it is legal to own a gun, and to carry it loaded and openly.

Congressman McDermott was there, he got up made some points, he talked about Banning o.c. and requiring locks on guns in the home.

Seattle times and "4" was in attendance. Both eager to talk to any of us. Though only one of us did. I shared the concern of one of the others that the news is likely to twist and clips they get of us. But we will see.

Overall I say a positive experience all around

Metalhead47

Howdy all!
Long time lerker, First time out O.c.ing and meeting with some of the fine people from our illustrious forum here.

Ceasefire hosted a nice event, High point was when an occupyer-type stormed up and was going off about "how much all this must have cost and the homeless right-over-there, ya-know" One of the guys from the crowed nicely took one for the herd and talked to him off on one side.

Wait, you mean one bunch of lefties got heckled by ANOTHER lefty?
asset.php

Requiring gun locks in the house. So I have to fumble with my keys while some psychopath is stabbing me to death. :rolleyes: But hey these are the same people who've made it a crime to flush your toilet the wrong way.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Here's what I found: NHTS: 2006-2010 2675 traffic fatalities in WA. I couldn't find actual #'s for gun deaths, but 9.3 per 100,000. Seattle times in an article about the Samamish park shooting stated 600 per year, don't know where they get their #'s.

boosteddreams

Overall it was a good experience and I'm glad we showed up. As was previously mentioned, we were all well-dressed and well-behaved and there were no problems or confrontations (except for the Occupy guy, but he doesn't really count). Ceasefire is all about spreading fear and twisting information to try to win people over, so I'm glad we had a chance to see their tactics. Jsanchez had a nice little chat with Ralph What's-his-name, the leader, and I'm sure he'll be posting about that when he gets a chance. I declined an on-camera interview with KOMO because I was concerned they would cut out important bits or do something else to misrepresent what I said. It will be interesting to see what they air tonight and how they present the event.

sudden valley gunner

Today is the litter clean up, an event that highlights the good that gun owners contribute. Instead of the confrontational approach which you are choosing in going to their event....

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?93812-Armed-Litter-Crew-Ahead

Let me ask if it was an anti gay rally would it be wrong for homosexuals to show up? Would that be "confrontational"?

I support what someone would do normally whether or not they carry a gun on their hip if they normally would go to this rally as a voice against it with or without OC than so be it.

And it looks like it turned out positive. +1

Last edited:

boosteddreams

"Among those gathered and listening intently were several men openly carrying weapons holstered to their hips."

...and what about the WOMAN carrying a weapon holstered on HER hips? News fail.

boosteddreams

KOMO just aired its coverage of the event. There were quite a few crowd shots, some of which focused on our guns, and a small clip of Eric's interview.