Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liability? What Liability?

Banned

Liability? What Liability?

So many times we hear the excuse of "liability" when it comes to firearms bans, especially in the workplace.

Leads me to ask the question, "What liability? Has any company been sued because a customer defended him/herself in accordance with the law? Has an employer ever been sued due to the actions of an employee in lawful defense of him/herself or others? What basis could a criminal use for such a lawsuit? What are the chances, rerally, of such a suit getting to court, much less resulting in a payout to the criminal?

Banned
    Could someone please cross post this in the legal beagle section of MGO? I'd like to hear what the lawyers have to say about this.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Could someone please cross post this in the legal beagle section of MGO? I'd like to hear what the lawyers have to say about this.

Why don't you?
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

Quote Originally Posted by HKcarrier View Post
    Why don't you?
    Methinks he's banned?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Methinks he's banned?
    Yes, and supposedly it's all my fault.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

I didn't realize he got banned from there... that's bullcrap..

that's bullcrap.
    How do you know?

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

If a business entity allows firearms and is somehow legally liable for some action that done by someone not under its direct control and supervision...
    how is that different than a business not being legally liable for allowing a privately owned vehicle onto its property by someone not under it's direct control and supervision?

Are businesses responsible in some way because a blue-haired old lady ran someone over in the parking lot?
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 01-03-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Banned
    Like I posted on another thread.

Why would ANY judge award money to a criminal or the family of one, from either the SD citizen, or an employer?

Im still on MGO, all I lost was the screen name.

Like I posted on another thread.

Why would ANY judge award money to a criminal or the family of one, from either the SD citizen, or an employer?

Im still on MGO, all I lost was the screen name.
    Some judges have agendas...
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    Well put.

You should see if "Brainless1911" is available...

Banned
    I considered it.

Dont know why they ban people anywhoo, it never works.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 01-04-2012 at 12:05 PM.

You should see if "Brainless1911" is available...
    Called for maybe, but still.... Name calling and insults help no one.

I considered it.

A ban means that they do not wish to here from you, and at least you should respect the groups wishes. Its a private group and if I were banned I from a group or organization I would not keep trying to get in. Why would you want to stay with a group that dosen't want you or your ideas valid or not? If you keep coming back it only makes the opposition work harder against you! Stay off the radar, and eventually you will have the chance to be re-accepted in the group. It's only my advice take it or leave it.
    Last edited by NHCGRPR45; 01-05-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

I considered it.

Not sure why people openly admit to circumventing a ban either. The forums I am more intimately involved with, that will net an IP addy range ban, and you'd never even be able to read it again, let alone make another account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    Called for maybe, but still.... Name calling and insults help no one.

Oh I"m not insulting him... just razzing. You must have missed the post where I said it is BS he is banned....

On that note, what didja get banned for Stainless?!?
    Last edited by HKcarrier; 01-04-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    Not sure why people openly admit to circumventing a ban either. The forums I am more intimately involved with, that will net an IP addy range ban, and you'd never even be able to read it again, let alone make another account.
    Where there is a will, there is a way. Trust the IT geek that is saying that. Please don't mistake me for advocating the circumvention of a ban...

Banned
    I was messing with Fozzy over the way he spelled post. (poast), I was banned within an hour.

Banned
    Im not sure if it was originally a ban or a suspension. A mod sent me a PM, probably explaining the situation, or terms, I dont know really, because I couldnt login to read the PM. I got the link to the inbox via email, but that doesnt do any good. So, I assumed it was a ban, and used a proxy to create another name, 6 or 12, when they figured that out, I know it became a ban.

If the PM was about the terms of a suspension, I would have complied, but they weren't thinking, so I took a different route.

It was a silly ban, I saw it unfold in the forum...it was quite entertaining to read however

woohoo 200 poasts
    Last edited by Yance; 01-04-2012 at 07:57 PM.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Banned
    I see what you did there.

Huh... I must have missed it... and a ban over picking on someone's spelling?! Seriously? Even a temp one... that's insane.

Banned
    I know. That's one reason I took the approach I did.

a ban over picking on someone's spelling?! Seriously? Even a temp one... that's insane.
    Speculation. Stainless never read the PM so he doesn't know, for certain, the reason for his suspension/ban. He is guessing.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Banned
    The timeframe between the posts and the ban is unmistakeable. All you guys know how often I check these boards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast