• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Liability? What Liability?

stainless1911

Banned
So many times we hear the excuse of "liability" when it comes to firearms bans, especially in the workplace.

Leads me to ask the question, "What liability? Has any company been sued because a customer defended him/herself in accordance with the law? Has an employer ever been sued due to the actions of an employee in lawful defense of him/herself or others? What basis could a criminal use for such a lawsuit? What are the chances, rerally, of such a suit getting to court, much less resulting in a payout to the criminal?

Fallschirjmäger

If a business entity allows firearms and is somehow legally liable for some action that done by someone not under its direct control and supervision...
how is that different than a business not being legally liable for allowing a privately owned vehicle onto its property by someone not under it's direct control and supervision?

Are businesses responsible in some way because a blue-haired old lady ran someone over in the parking lot?

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

You should see if "Brainless1911" is available... :lol:

Called for maybe, but still.... Name calling and insults help no one.

I considered it.

Dont know why they ban people anywhoo, it never works.

A ban means that they do not wish to here from you, and at least you should respect the groups wishes. Its a private group and if I were banned I from a group or organization I would not keep trying to get in. Why would you want to stay with a group that dosen't want you or your ideas valid or not? If you keep coming back it only makes the opposition work harder against you! Stay off the radar, and eventually you will have the chance to be re-accepted in the group. It's only my advice take it or leave it.

Last edited:

VW_Factor

I considered it.

Dont know why they ban people anywhoo, it never works.

Not sure why people openly admit to circumventing a ban either. The forums I am more intimately involved with, that will net an IP addy range ban, and you'd never even be able to read it again, let alone make another account.

HKcarrier

Called for maybe, but still.... Name calling and insults help no one.

Oh I"m not insulting him... just razzing. You must have missed the post where I said it is BS he is banned....

On that note, what didja get banned for Stainless?!? :D

Last edited:

TheQ

Not sure why people openly admit to circumventing a ban either. The forums I am more intimately involved with, that will net an IP addy range ban, and you'd never even be able to read it again, let alone make another account.

Where there is a will, there is a way. Trust the IT geek that is saying that. Please don't mistake me for advocating the circumvention of a ban...

stainless1911

Banned
Im not sure if it was originally a ban or a suspension. A mod sent me a PM, probably explaining the situation, or terms, I dont know really, because I couldnt login to read the PM:banghead:. I got the link to the inbox via email, but that doesnt do any good. So, I assumed it was a ban, and used a proxy to create another name, 6 or 12, when they figured that out, I know it became a ban.

If the PM was about the terms of a suspension, I would have complied, but they weren't thinking, so I took a different route.

Yance

It was a silly ban, I saw it unfold in the forum...it was quite entertaining to read however :p

woohoo 200 poasts

Last edited: