Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: I carry because... nice lil informative post

  1. #1
    Regular Member Motofixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    974

    I carry because... nice lil informative post, I found

    Why I Carry a Gun!

    My old grandpa said to me 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and
    usually it's when he becomes too old to take an butt whoopin.'

    I don't carry a gun to kill people.
    I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

    I don't carry a gun to scare people.
    I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

    I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

    I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
    I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

    I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
    I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

    I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
    I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

    I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
    I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

    I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
    I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

    I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
    I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

    I don't carry a gun because I love it.
    I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

    Police protection is an oxymoron.
    Free citizens must protect themselves.
    Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

    Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a whoopin'.....
    Last edited by Motofixxer; 01-03-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

    The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

    "To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

    http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

  2. #2
    Regular Member Outdoorsman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Silver Lake WI
    Posts
    1,249
    AWESOME.... I sent this to a friend (see below) and I am printing two copies... one for on my refrigerator door for all to see and one for in my wallet to hand to people when they ask the invitable question that is answered by this article....

    Off Point...Just today I lost a very dear (female) friend (who I was working with to develop a realtionship with)... she was having a hard time with my carrying... my heart is heavy but I guess kinda like the article says.... A MAN has to to what a MAN has to do..... I will continue to carry... And any comments other than ON POINT of the O.P are really not nessesary... (Thanks)....

    Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

    George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

    Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Yetiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SE Wi
    Posts
    117
    My girlfriend hasn't had any real issues with me getting my carry license, but thinks it a little over the top to carry every day and some of the security measures I have taken (mounting safes in my cars etc).
    She has even expressed interest in a CCL herself, more to legally carry a stun gun than a firearm.

    On Friday we were at a movie theater in Mequon, and when we came out the cars on either side of mine had smashed windows as well as others nearby. Before we went in to the theater she was mad at me for making her put things in the trunk that she was going to leave on the back seat.

    Later that night we were having dinner in downtown Milwaukee and she asked if I wished I were carrying when I saw the cars broken into. I pointed out that I had been carrying, and she was kind of shocked and asked why I carried there. I pointed out the cars broken into and that when people go Deer hunting, they go where they think the Deer are.

    About three hours later we were walking in the river walk and came across some dodgy looking characters and after they passed she asked if I was carrying then and was reassured that I was.

    Today when we were getting ready to leave the house, she gave me a different kind of look when I was selecting the holster of the day.
    Last edited by Yetiman; 01-02-2012 at 10:43 PM.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Motofixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    974
    Encourage your loved one to read the first post, and pay attention to these lines.

    I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.


    I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.


    I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

    The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

    "To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

    http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

  5. #5
    Regular Member Motofixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    974
    With the holidays, a situation arose where family members asked through an email chain, that I not carry there. So I didn't, but I also didn't attend but did send a response to address the issues. So maybe this will help someone else too. This is my email:

    To all,
    I also thought I would share a little bit since I have been specifically identified. Just to inform, I carry anywhere I go that I legally can. Sometimes you see it, sometimes you don't. Just to name a few like Olive Garden, Menards, Mcdonalds, Starbucks, Shopko, Culvers, Elies Family Restaurant, Mobil stations, Copp's, Woodmans, Laredo's, Farm & Fleet, China One, Dry Bean, WalMart, Denny's, Subway, Texas Roadhouse, Burger King, Gander Mountain and Cabela's.

    The recent gun legislation has raised a lot of issues and awareness. I personally have been knowledgeable with guns since I was around 10-11. I hunted my first year with a 12ga at 12, in my own little section of the woods in Northern WI. The last couple of years I have spent countless hours researching applicable and related regulations involving possessing a firearm in multiple states. I have made the decision to carry after much careful consideration and research because that's the way I am.

    I'm also going to share some factual reasons why. We can argue hypothetical's and what if's forever. But history and facts reveal the truth. Opinions can't really be argued because they exist based in your head. So I always look to logical, realistic, and easy to understand facts. So the greatest fact is...we are not safe anymore. We can try to fool ourselves. But society has become much more dangerous, almost everywhere. Up till the recent school shootings the worst shooting tragedy was at a McDonald's where 22 were killed and 30 something injured. Think of the school shootings. Where did they happen? In Gun Free Zones, not in a police station or at a gun club. But in a Gun Free Zone where maximum damage could be inflicted with minimal self sacrifice. So here is info of what we have to fear:

    Police Aim to Crack Down on Violent New Trend, 'Knock Out'
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/24...#ixzz1i3JwiHCG

    Home invasion with body armor rising trend,
    http://www.rrdailyherald.com/news/in...9bb2963f4.html

    Armed Craiglist Robbery Ohio
    http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/W...136369278.html

    Attempted murder at BP Gas station Milwaukee
    http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwauk...135452923.html

    Mother with 2yr old on bus gets assaulted Milwaukee
    http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/135722843.html

    Woman Robbed in Her Driveway with Toddler in Hand Wauwatosa
    http://wauwatosa.patch.com/articles/...oddler-in-hand

    Office complex shooting 3 dead 2 wounded California
    http://news.yahoo.com/3-dead-2-wound...000614601.html

    Santa gunman kills 9 at Xmas Eve party California
    http://www.channel3000.com/news/18379666/detail.html

    Courthouse shooting Minnesota
    http://news.yahoo.com/3-people-shot-...004547017.html

    Off duty Deputy executes citizen and gets charged after altercation
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1hYt559qq

    Mall of America brawl 50 strong
    http://news.yahoo.com/50-strong-braw...132316826.html

    Roadrage Wauwatosa
    http://www.wauwatosanow.com/news/tee...135961993.html

    Robbery\assault while walking Wauwatosa
    http://www.wauwatosanow.com/news/136310373.html

    Janesville 4 stabbed outside bar
    http://www.channel3000.com/news/30102223/detail.html

    Armed Robbery UW Credit Union Drive thru
    http://madisoneast.channel3000.com/n...ank-drive-thru

    Assault on Madison Metro Bus
    http://madisonwest.channel3000.com/n...oyee-metro-bus

    Gun flashed at West Towne
    http://host.madison.com/ct/news/loca...871e3ce6c.html

    Man charged for 2 Madison home invasions
    http://www.channel3000.com/news/15067345/detail.html

    Sexual assault, home invasion
    http://www.channel3000.com/news/14695597/detail.html

    Santa gunman kills 9 at Xmas Eve party California
    http://www.channel3000.com/news/18379666/detail.html

    12/22/2011 - 11:53 PM Case#2011-358912 2200 block S. Thompson Dr. 3 Suspects kicked in door and displayed handgun and robbed residents

    Case#2011-353249 Released 12/16/2011 at 9:54 AM by PIO Joel DeSpain Incident Type Robbery Incident Date 12/16/2011 - 7:08 AM Address 2703 W. Beltline Hwy. (Open Pantry)

    12/11/2011 - 4:18 AM 2200 block Fish Hatchery Rd. Robbery\assault while standing with dog outside her apartment building

    Madison burglary map 2009
    http://www.cityofmadison.com/police/...rglary2009.pdf


    Now this list I threw together in minutes. It's not at all exhaustive or all inclusive. But it does show a wide variety of things happening. It happens everywhere from walking down the street, or outside your home, in your driveway baby in hand, in gas stations, banks, drive thru's, malls, bars, courthouses, bus stops, buses, on a bike path and yes even sitting at home for a holiday party where 9 people are murdered. As well as all the random home invasions occurring all over our city. These are not fictitious acts that can be argued away these have happened right here in our little country, State, County, city and homes. Maybe others can ignore what goes on around them. But I choose to keep my eyes open and pay attention. I choose to not be victim if possible. I bet every one involved in those crimes says, "I never thought it would happen here".
    Many will argue that a gun around is a risk. While there is a shred of truth there I again will rely on the facts.

    “Thirteen children are killed a day by gunfire.”
    You hear variations of this all the time on television and radio; sometimes fourteen children, sometimes
    twelve children. It is a statement that isn’t exactly a lie, but doesn’t mean quite what you think it means, either.
    It includes 19 year olds—who aren’t “children.” It includes criminals shot and killed by other criminals, by
    the police, or by crime victims. It includes suicides, murders, and a small number of accidents.
    The Centers for Disease Control keeps figures through age 14, and for age 15 through 19.1 The honest figure
    is, “Less than two children (through age 14) are killed a day by gunfire.” These are still tragedies, but
    compared to the other 112 deaths a day in the U.S. of small children (more than seven a day from car accidents
    alone), guns are a minor problem.

    Think about all the things we do on a weekly basis. We don't want our children around guns cuz they might get hurt. Those same children might fall down stairs, or cut themselves with those knives on the table, or choke on fisher price toys, or fall off a swing on their head, fall off a horse, or get hit by a car crossing a road, snap their neck falling off a snowmobile or ATV, or die in a car accident. While they are possible, do you prohibit your children from anything that has a danger or a possibility of danger. No of course not. In WI 500 people died last year in car accidents. Do you forbid your child to get in a car? Nowhere near that number died from accidental gun shots. So are you really protecting them from the real dangers? Or just the ones that are based on irrational fears and ignorance?

    Doctors
    (A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
    (B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
    (C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171
    Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of
    Health and Human Services.


    Guns
    (A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.
    (B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
    (C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188

    Statistics courtesy of FBI

    So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.


    FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN,

    BUT

    Almost everyone has at least one doctor. This means you are over 9,000 times more likely to be killed by a doctor as by a gun owner!!!


    All of these baseless arguments against guns have been proven wrong in the other states that allow carry. We have been so brainwashed by the government, media and movies into thinking guns=bad and it's simply not true. And the only ones that have them are Police and criminals. When that criminal attacks you, where are those Police??? Not there are they? The are a phone call and minutes away. Sometimes even substantial distances away depending on where you are. What if you can't access your phone, or no signal or the criminal takes it? What protection do you have?

    John Stossel did a great informative piece on the whole gun issue and explains his opinions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF-vochlVJU

    So what do famous intelligent respectable men have to say about guns?
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

    "The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson

    "Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."
    -- Peter Venetoklis

    I also have one question to ask, how do you stop the criminal with a gun or weapon that doesn't follow any laws, or respect your life? Many times just the appearance of a gun is enough to deter the crime.

    Another major factor to protect yourself is that government (Law Enforcement) is under no duty or obligation to protect us. Courts have ruled repeatedly it's an individual responsibility as clarified in these cases:

    DeShaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services (109 S.Ct. 998, 1989; 489 U.S. 189 (1989))
    Balistreri v. Pacifica Police Department (901 F.2d 696 9th Cir. 1990
    Zinermon v. Burch (110 S.Ct. 975, 984 1990; 494 U.S. 113 (1990)
    Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)
    Riss v. New York, 240 N.E.2d 860 (N.Y.1968).
    Hartzler v. City of San Jose, 46 Cal. App. 3d 6 (1st Dist. 1975)

    Warren v. District of Columbia is one of the leading cases of this type. Two women were upstairs in a townhouse when they heard their roommate, a third woman, being attacked downstairs by intruders. They phoned the police several times and were assured that officers were on the way. After about 30 minutes, when their roommate's screams had stopped, they assumed the police had finally arrived. When the two women went downstairs they saw that in fact the police never came, but the intruders were still there. As the Warren court graphically states in the opinion: "For the next fourteen hours the women were held captive, raped, robbed, beaten, forced to commit sexual acts upon each other, and made to submit to the sexual demands of their attackers."

    The three women sued the District of Columbia for failing to protect them, but D.C.'s highest court exonerated the District and its police, saying that it is a "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [4] There are many similar cases with results to the same effect. [5]

    In the Warren case the injured parties sued the District of Columbia under its own laws for failing to protect them. Most often such cases are brought in state (or, in the case of Warren, D.C.) courts for violation of state statutes, because federal law pertaining to these matters is even more onerous. But when someone does sue under federal law, it is nearly always for violation of 42 U.S.C. 1983 (often inaccurately referred to as "the civil rights act"). Section 1983 claims are brought against government officials for allegedly violating the injured parties' federal statutory or Constitutional rights.


    In Freeman v. Ferguson a police chief directed his officers not to enforce a restraining order against a woman's estranged husband because the man was a friend of the chief's. The man subsequently killed the woman and her daughter. Perhaps such a specific case is an anomaly, but more instances of general abuses aren't at all rare.

    California's Government Code, Sections 821, 845, and 846 which states, in part: "Neither a public entity or a public employee [may be sued] for failure to provide adequate police protection or service, failure to prevent the commission of crimes and failure to apprehend criminals."

    One of the biggest reasons I have chosen to carry my own protection is my God given right to defend myself by any means necessary. That is a Right that nobody can take away. I choose to survive and defend myself. I don't want a fair fight, I want the highest advantage, most efficient tool I can use. For me it's a firearm. I don't want a bloody potentially life threatening physical altercation with an opponent of unknown skill or training. I want to survive at all reasonable costs. The gun is simply a tool that can be used for defense or ill-intent.

    I also want to address the property issue since it came up. I agree and respect everyone's property rights. I have no issues with rules that you set for your house. I just ask that you use some common sense and think when you decide the rules. If I don't approve or disagree, then I may verbally discuss it or just won't visit. So if that's the case please don't be upset or offended it just means we disagree and I don't feel comfortable attending. But if there is a problem, then I feel you have an obligation to address the situation. Preferably in an adult like fashion, and please don't make assumptions like anyone's actions are "to be cool", "because you can" or any of the other childish reasons that frequently arise. All it tends to do is reinforce the ignorance and lack of understanding it portrays. I won't pretend to assume I know why others do things, I will ask. Me personally, I can back mine with concrete reasoning and facts, can you? I carry my own insurance in case I need it. Hoping I never need it like home or car insurance. We can't predict where something will happen, and when we will need it. Ask an officer if they would ever walk into an unknown situation without their own protection.

    I'm open to discussing anything with anyone, as I always have been. If we have to agree to disagree, then that's ok too.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

    The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

    "To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

    http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

  6. #6
    Regular Member jpm84092's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,068

    I legally carry a concealed gun because...

    I legally carry a concealed gun because I do not want to carry the guilt of losing a loved one because I was not prepared to defend that person against illegal violence.

    I legally carry a concealed gun because I do not want to become a victim of illegal violence myself.

    I legally carry a concealed gun because the Founding Fathers of the United States of America have made it plain to me by their writings that to not do so would be to dishonor their vision for this Great Country.

    Semper Vigilans my friends - (translation: Be Forever Vigilant). Your life, or the life of somebody you love, may depend on it.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

  7. #7
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    well,,,

    I give you a +11111111111111111111111111111111111111111
    its a big read,, but verrrrrry good!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  8. #8
    Regular Member DonRow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kalaheo, Hawaii, United States
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    Why I Carry a Gun!

    My old grandpa said to me 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and
    usually it's when he becomes too old to take an butt whoopin.'

    I don't carry a gun to kill people.
    I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

    I don't carry a gun to scare people.
    I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

    I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

    I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
    I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

    I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
    I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

    I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
    I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

    I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
    I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

    I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
    I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

    I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
    I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

    I don't carry a gun because I love it.
    I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

    Police protection is an oxymoron.
    Free citizens must protect themselves.
    Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

    Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a whoopin'.....
    Wow!! Nicely put... I think I'm going to cry. :*)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    With the holidays, a situation arose where family members asked through an email chain, that I not carry there. So I didn't, but I also didn't attend but did send a response to address the issues. So maybe this will help someone else too. This is my email:

    ---snip---
    Extremely well done.

    One might hope that as much thought went into reading it as was obviously put into the preparation.

    Really sorry that you had to deal with that over the holidays.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    AWESOME.... I sent this to a friend (see below) and I am printing two copies... one for on my refrigerator door for all to see and one for in my wallet to hand to people when they ask the invitable question that is answered by this article....

    Off Point...Just today I lost a very dear (female) friend (who I was working with to develop a realtionship with)... she was having a hard time with my carrying... my heart is heavy but I guess kinda like the article says.... A MAN has to to what a MAN has to do..... I will continue to carry... And any comments other than ON POINT of the O.P are really not nessesary... (Thanks)....

    Outdoorsman1
    I too lost a (female) friend due to my beliefs in self-defense. To be honest, I did hide it from her for a while, and tried to expose the toys to her slowly. She still talks to me, but it could be different.

    JJC

  11. #11
    Regular Member jpm84092's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,068
    It has been said that the most fervent pro-2A persons are anti-gun liberals who have been raped or who endured a home invasion and managed to survive.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Badger Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,217
    It's a rare thread that I don't have a quibble with, but here's one. A+++

    (me, quibble? Perish the thought)

    o I carry because I don't want to die huddled in the back of a 7-11 where I went to get coffee at 3am.

    o I carry because if I don't my girlfriend will shoot you if you look at me funny.

    o I carry b/c firearms/gear are my hobby

    ...and this one is big...

    o I carry because I am enabled to do so by my partner and she by me. IOW if she is going to carry, I'd be negligent not to carry; we form a team, making carrying synergistic.

    I think if your spouse/family/children are opposed to firearms it can be a big problem. One woman refused to use or touch his handgun and had to watch her hubby die while she, gun in hand, tried to figure out how to remove the safety. Uneducated children and spouses make having firearms more dangerous. A spouse who would rather die than defend themselves...well speaks for itself.

    $.02
    Last edited by Badger Johnson; 01-05-2012 at 03:48 AM.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

    Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

  13. #13
    Regular Member G30Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    St. Joseph MO
    Posts
    120
    Motofixxer
    Post number 5 with your email to family.....OUTSTANDING!

    Would love for you to forward me a copy via email. I post and browse from my little phone so I can't copy/paste, haha. Thanks.
    Email is my username at gmail
    Last edited by G30Mike; 01-05-2012 at 03:53 AM.
    "Ever notice once in a while you come across somebody you shouldn't have f***ed with......That's me." -Clint Eastwood "Gran Torino"

  14. #14
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,779
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    It has been said that the most fervent pro-2A persons are anti-gun liberals who have been raped or who endured a home invasion and managed to survive.
    Too bad that's not true.

    When the shooting happened in 2007 Goddard spent a week in the hospital recovering from his four gunshot wounds, and three months in physical therapy relearning how to walk. But he returned to Virginia Tech to finish school and graduated in 2008 with an International Studies degree. Then he began interning with the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun violence, the nation's largest gun control organization. Goddard now serves as the assistant director of legislative affairs for the Brady Campaign To Prevent Gun Violence in Washington, D.C.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/victim-reli...1#.TwWyEEpiZ1I


    I don't carry a gun. I exercise my 2nd Amendment Right afforded to me by the Constitution of the United States of America.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 01-05-2012 at 09:29 AM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  15. #15
    Regular Member Outdoorsman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Silver Lake WI
    Posts
    1,249
    The Honorable Mr. Hamlet wrote...

    I don't carry a gun. I exercise my 2nd Amendment Right afforded to me by the Constitution of the United States of America.
    I do carry a gun because I exercise my 2nd Amendment Right afforded to me by the Constitution of the United States of America.

    Fixed it for ya....

    Just Sayin....

    Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

    George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

    Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

  16. #16
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,779
    Nope. I don't carry a gun. I bare arms. Well... I WOULD bare arms. If they had not all been lost in last winter's blizzard. Firearms ownership is as much a political statement for me as any other reason to own and collect heaters, rods, shootin' irons, hog legs, peashooters, six shooters and equalizers.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  17. #17
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    I carry because I'm just too dang old and out of shape to take a butt whuppin'.
    If I can, I'll run away to avoid violence.
    If I can't run away, I'll walk to avoid violence
    If I can't avoid violence, ...... then I intend to be the one Walking Away.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 01-06-2012 at 01:16 PM.

  18. #18
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    I carry because I'm just too dang old and out of shape to take a butt whuppin'.
    If I can, I'll run away to avoid violence.
    If I can't run away, I'll walk to avoid violence
    If I can't avoid violence, ...... then I intend to be the one Walking Away.
    Very nice!!!

  19. #19
    Regular Member Motofixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by G30Mike View Post
    Motofixxer
    Post number 5 with your email to family.....OUTSTANDING!

    Would love for you to forward me a copy via email.
    Email sent!!!
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

    The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

    "To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

    http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •