• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry?

davidmcbeth

Banned
I'm still getting used to people telling me I'm scaring the public,

You would be scaring liberals. When the bill last year to limit magazines to holding 10 rounds was up I was pissed .. what good is that to a guy who has a M16? I had to go over to my senator's home to speak to the senator about it because the senator would not return my calls. Boy was that senator surprised .. but I have gone to US senator's homes too when they don't return a call and its an issue I want him to know my opinion about.

So if you open carry, expect a lot of interaction with police responding to 911 calls.

KIX

So if you open carry, expect a lot of interaction with police responding to 911 calls.

And this is based on? I live in a freaking Agenda 21 city and nobody has done jack to me yet (and I 100% open carry as I want to be a law abiding citizen).

Had a few great conversations with people (liberals even) but mostly...... nobody notices.

Jonathan

Freiheit417

Freiheit, could you disclose what town this was in. I'm from the "quiet corner" and recently had a phone conversation with a guy that has been running an ad in a local paper for his "Conceal Carry" classes. This guy had the exact mentality when it came to me questioning his position on OC. Just curious if it may be the same guy.

Not likely the same guy since this was the other side of the state - Winsted area.

My wife recently took a class from a different instructor and when she told him about this other guy, her instructor was NOT HAPPY! He wanted to know who he was too. Her instructor taught that OC is 100% legal in CT, but the only thing he warned is that there may be some uninformed people out there like the other instructor.

davidmcbeth

Banned
why is it that everywhere i look says that ct is a open carry but im told that if i open carry i could lose my premit ? is there something im missing or am i just misunderstanding what i have read?

You may be arrested for open carrying .. for some trumped up charge like resisting arrest. Open carry only if you are willing to deal with the police on a several-instances-a-day scenario. You'll meet one cop who will arrest you for something.

Hope you have 50K lying around to defend yourself in court.

Rich B

You may be arrested for open carrying .. for some trumped up charge like resisting arrest. Open carry only if you are willing to deal with the police on a several-instances-a-day scenario. You'll meet one cop who will arrest you for something.

Please cite your sources. Otherwise, you are spreading misinformation.

KIX

Second thing I read that you wrote, and both posts, completely delusional.

You have ZERO credibility so far. I open carry all the time where I live because it's the ONLY legal way to carry. I open carry when I need to otherwise.

It's a choice, I do it when I want or need to, and I don't need 50K on hand for being an honest citizen not breaking the law.

Jonathan

davidmcbeth

Banned
Please cite your sources. Otherwise, you are spreading misinformation.

There are plenty of cases already adjudicated regarding this ... I never said they are guilty of anything, only that they would be arrested, sooner or later.

You should stop giving OP advice that will only get them headaches.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There are plenty of cases already adjudicated regarding this ... I never said they are guilty of anything, only that they would be arrested, sooner or later.

Overstate your personal opinions often? Such most often destroys one's credibility.

KIX

Now that's funny right there. You're telling someone actively involved in the full pursuit of his legal rights, to stop giving OP advice. Aren't you doing the same?

You also put a dollar amount on legal fees and such, how did you arrive at that?

While you're at it, Rich, just might have a little more experience (and thus knowledge) than you do in this arena. After all, he's been there, done that and all you're have backing you up is conjecture.

Flawed, at that.

Jonathan

Rich B

Name one arrest case where someone had to fight it out in court in the last three years please.

PistolPackingMomma

Then you should have no problem citing a few of them, right?