Thread: New serpa issues

New serpa issues

I just got my new Blackhawk level 2 serpa cqc in the mail. Fits the gun like a glove but I can't seem to figure out how the passive retention works. No matter how I tighten the screw the gun slides right out with button push. I tried having my roommate hold the release so I could get an accurate measure of the passive system but it doesn't seem to do a whole lot. Am I missing something?

I got one about 2 weeks ago for my Glock 30 and mine does the exact same thing. All the ones I had before I never had this problem.
    A lot of people will tell you SERPA holsters are evil, but I never had problems with mine until now.
    "Ever notice once in a while you come across somebody you shouldn't have f***ed with......That's me." -Clint Eastwood "Gran Torino"

Are you sure you have the retention holster? Blackhawk has both types. Check the retention device in the holster, do you hear a click when inserting the weapon?

JJC
    Last edited by JJC; 01-03-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Not the tension screw's nut but other nuts on my SERPA have spun in their capture recesses when over tightened.

i have this one for my M&P , i like it alot . seems to work great ... no issues
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__ <<<<<<<<< I like this guys jeep .
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_) INNOvATIONS are what i leave behind for history

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    The passive retention is pretty simple really. If it's not working, either somethings stripped or it was ran too far the wrong way and it's completely out of the thread. Try squeezing it together by hand and turning the screw at the same time to see if it isn't actually threading.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

The active retention works great but the slender longer loose piece inside that is the passive system I'm guessing isn't working. Next time we meet I'll bring it with.