• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New serpa issues

Sorcice

I just got my new Blackhawk level 2 serpa cqc in the mail. Fits the gun like a glove but I can't seem to figure out how the passive retention works. No matter how I tighten the screw the gun slides right out with button push. I tried having my roommate hold the release so I could get an accurate measure of the passive system but it doesn't seem to do a whole lot. Am I missing something?

G30Mike

I got one about 2 weeks ago for my Glock 30 and mine does the exact same thing. All the ones I had before I never had this problem.
A lot of people will tell you SERPA holsters are evil, but I never had problems with mine until now.

JJC

Are you sure you have the retention holster? Blackhawk has both types. Check the retention device in the holster, do you hear a click when inserting the weapon?

JJC

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

Not the tension screw's nut but other nuts on my SERPA have spun in their capture recesses when over tightened.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
The passive retention is pretty simple really. If it's not working, either somethings stripped or it was ran too far the wrong way and it's completely out of the thread. Try squeezing it together by hand and turning the screw at the same time to see if it isn't actually threading.

Sorcice

The active retention works great but the slender longer loose piece inside that is the passive system I'm guessing isn't working. Next time we meet I'll bring it with.