• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taurus UL-85 Stuck Trigger

EirikBlodok

Got a stuck trigger today at the range on my BUG a Taurus UL-85 Ultra Lite.

I was firing 6mo old carry ammo. on the first 5 shot cylinder 38spc+P Hornady Critical Defense 110 grn, on rounds 3 , 4 and 5 firing double action the trigger would not reset. It was stuck all the way rearward. Had to fiddle with it to reset, I have ran well over three thousand rounds of various 38 standard press loads and +P loads with no ill effect.

With that said time to trade in for a Smith I have had my eye on a M&P 360 for a few months now.

Of course when I purchased the Taurus I did the standard Taurus take the side plate off and clean out the lock work job.

Anyone have any ideas? Trade in for a Smith or ship it to Taurus?

jeeper1

Check to see if a spring is broke or out of position before doing anything else.

09jisaac

Got a stuck trigger today at the range on my BUG a Taurus UL-85 Ultra Lite.

I was firing 6mo old carry ammo. on the first 5 shot cylinder 38spc+P Hornady Critical Defense 110 grn, on rounds 3 , 4 and 5 firing double action the trigger would not reset. It was stuck all the way rearward. Had to fiddle with it to reset, I have ran well over three thousand rounds of various 38 standard press loads and +P loads with no ill effect.

With that said time to trade in for a Smith I have had my eye on a M&P 360 for a few months now.

Of course when I purchased the Taurus I did the standard Taurus take the side plate off and clean out the lock work job.

Anyone have any ideas? Trade in for a Smith or ship it to Taurus?

For a back up gun the 360 wouldn't be too bad, but I don't know if you would want to be putting "well over three thousand rounds" through it. As light as it is it would be a literal pain to shoot with full power .357 mag rounds. But that is the ONLY thing I find fault with, I love the sights and the feel of the gun. I would get it if they would make it with a steel frame.

rscottie

Let Taurus Fix it

Taurus Firearms have a lifetime warranty even if you are not the original purchaser.

I would not consider 3000 rounds to be excessive, there are threads where other firearms have broken at a far less round count. So, I do not think you have a lemon. Sometimes things break.

I would suggest calling them and letting them fix it.