• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Camping, state and federal parks. summation of allowances?

bluehighways

In national forests and national forest campgrounds you're good to go. Permit required only if CC. I can't answer for anything else.

Sent from my g2x using Tapatalk

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
In National Parks you have to follow the law of the state you're in, plus you still have to stay out of buildings such as visitor centers. In Wisconsin state parks, if you have a valid CCW permit you're good to go, otherwise the previous (old) restrictions still apply (i.e., firearms must be unloaded and encased unless hunting at designated times and parks.)

Jason in WI

In Wisconsin state parks, if you have a valid CCW permit you're good to go, otherwise the previous (old) restrictions still apply (i.e., firearms must be unloaded and encased unless hunting at designated times and parks.)

Since we can't open carry in state buildings anymore, I take it that it applies to facility's in the state parks such as ranger stations and shower buildings?

So we can conceal or open carry in the parks, but only conceal carry in the buildings?

Is my understanding (and I will admit I didn't read the rules from the governor) that if you are open carrying in a building they will ask you to conceal or leave but it isn't a violation at that point?

Last question where does a state recreational area fit in ie Bong, I'm guessing a state park but I've been fooled before.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Since we can't open carry in state buildings anymore, I take it that it applies to facility's in the state parks such as ranger stations and shower buildings?

So we can conceal or open carry in the parks, but only conceal carry in the buildings?

Is my understanding (and I will admit I didn't read the rules from the governor) that if you are open carrying in a building they will ask you to conceal or leave but it isn't a violation at that point?

Last question where does a state recreational area fit in ie Bong, I'm guessing a state park but I've been fooled before.

We can OC in state buildings just not the Capitol.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

H

Herr Heckler Koch

When will the state (be required to) post informative gun-carry signs?

"Please uncover your legal gun before entering. Concealment is prohibited within, open carry is allowed."

"Legally carried guns welcome." "All gun carriers prohibited."

Jason in WI

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Cool, I thought I read it was going to apply to places like the dmv also. I really need to find time too look up the actual code or whatever it is. I was just assuming it applied to all state buildings until I read it myself to make sure I stayed out of trouble.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Cool, I thought I read it was going to apply to places like the dmv also. I really need to find time too look up the actual code or whatever it is. I was just assuming it applied to all state buildings until I read it myself to make sure I stayed out of trouble.

That's the thing. It isn't part of the law. The law, 167.31, says we can't carry at all in government buildings unless we have a license. The trespassing statute says they can post. The WI Department of Administration believes it can preclude open carrying only in one building. Personally, I think it has to be all or nothing (open vs concealed) but no one has challenged it yet.