• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

US Troops Blow Up Dog

Fallschirjmäger

I must be missing where the grenade was thrown, even when enlarged and on slow motion.
If it wasn't a grenade then... I guess troops planted a bomb, waited until a dog sniffed at it and then initiated the explosion?

That video could have just as easily been labeled "Troops stop convoy to investigate suspicious roadside object that explodes when disturbed." Given the contempt with which canines are held in that part of the world, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were tripped remotely by someone disappointed that his little present wasn't nearly as well disguised as he had hoped.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

Hmmm..... I see it more as "See that dumb dog? It just got it's *** blown up, stupid dog. That could have been us."
Gallows humor would certainly have made me laugh in that situation.

We're both making suppositions, based on nothing more than a video (edited, cropped and managed by the poster) that shows only what the poster of the video wanted to be shown and without any context.

Is there a reason why a dog, which is looked on as man's best friend in one culture, and a flea bitten, disease ridden, pariah in another is more likely to have been killed by the first rather than the second? Other than the video poster saying it was, that is.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I watched it once thru.

The fact the camera man was focused on the dog, tells me the cameraman probably suspected something was gonna happen.

You can hear somebody say, "I want the dog to get out of the way" before the blast.

After the boom a soldier-dressed person gets out of a vehicle much closer to the blast than the camera.

I wonder if EOD was blowing an IED or something and the dog, got curious and walked over to see what the activity was about. You know, as in the dog observed EOD setting its demo charge on the suspected IED, then after the soldiers cleared out, the dog walked over out of curiousity about what they had been doing.

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

Aww! That video made me cry, seeing the poor pup blown up. Really made me sad. Why didn't the soldiers try to scare the pup away? Or at least make sure nothing was around, and if they saw it, hold it and give it some food or something to distract it!

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I would still prefer to be a dog in that part of the world than a woman. You get treated better, and you don't get %$#@ed by bearded flea bitten a$$holes.

The condemnation of the soldiers by the OP seems pretty reactionary too me. Perhaps if they hollered "Allah Snack Bar" before the blast they would be held in higher regard.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
I posted a video with no initial comment.

In case you guys didnt notice, we are being invaded by those people. Im in SE Michigan, we have the highest concentration of them in the US, its a real problem here, and its spreading. Go through the mall, and you see women dressed up as druids, walking a few paces behind their handlers.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member

In case you guys didnt notice, we are being invaded by those people. Im in SE Michigan, we have the highest concentration of them in the US, its a real problem here, and its spreading. Go through the mall, and you see women dressed up as druids, I call 'em "ninjas" walking a few paces behind their handlers.

Yes, so we should probably concern ourself more with that, and post videos of that as opposed to US troops blowing up starving dogs.

Your subsequent comments weren't very inspiring, and by the looks of that poor b!tch she was better off in "doggy heaven" than starving too death on the streets of some God forsaken $#!thole looking for a pile of crap too eat.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

Pardon, but since when does the phrase -
US Troops Blow Up Dog
equate to being "without comment"? Were someone else's fingers on the keyboard typing those words?

If I post a video with the heading of "Flea-bitten sand wookies molest Ewok Scouts with brooms" is that the same as 'not commenting' on the video I just posted.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
Should I have simply posted the link as the thread title instead?

It is common form on internet boards to title a thread in the same construction as that used to form a news headline. Some forums actually have that as a part of the terms of use, or forum rules.

Fallschirjmäger

Should I have simply posted the link as the thread title instead?
It is common form on internet boards to title a thread in the same construction as that used to form a news headline. Some forums actually have that as a part of the terms of use, or forum rules.

It's not my prerogative to tell another man what to do, and if I did you have no reason to let me dictate to you.
The sad fact is....
... our fellow man lies
... our fellow man manipulates
... our fellow man often tells less than the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Here's a Youtube video titled Utica Police Officers Caught on Tape on 02-11-2011. It says it shows two Utica,NY officers planting evidence and darned if it doesn't look exactly like that.
Go ahead and click, it's only 2 minutes long.

The video became a bit of a sensation, and why not with the despicable conduct shown, right?
What the video doesn't show is the 20 minutes leading up to those two sensational minutes.

If you're willing to sit through long, boring minutes of of boring, snow-filled, lights bouncing off the back of a boring SUV, the Full Dashcam Video shows a slightly different story with notable moments at 5:20, 13:00, and 19:30.

Did the first video work? Umm... it might be that I know a certain person who reposted it with "Cops Get Caught Planting Evidence" as the title on another forum. Not me, no... it was that other guy, you don't know him.

Jack House

Reminds me of that vid of the NYC officer shoving a kid off his bike. It looks like the officer is being malicious for the sale of being malicious. But if you look closely, the kid leans in as if turning toward the officer.

But what do I know, not like bike riding is one of my favorite hobbies or anything. :rolleyes:

At any rate. I have to agree with the others that it was probably the dog sticking it's nose where it didn't belong, not the soldiers trying to blow up a dog.

As for the laughter, will just because someone laughs at something doesn't mean they'd do it. How many of you would laugh at someone doing something stupid and paying for it? Doesn't mean you'd do it, just that you found it funny. This is no different.

Posted using my HTC Evo

Redbaron007

Interesting. Since nothing in the video can be linked to the US, we have to assume the poster is correct. The sounds seem to be in English, that's about it.

The YouTube poster is from the UK...he deals with Extraterrestrial, and Paranormal Issues. Looks like the Stephen is wanting people to see one thing, to justify his title and agree with his conclusion.