Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good place to buy a hand gun?

Good place to buy a hand gun?

Hello everyone, I have been researching and test shootings a lot different guns over the last few moths and think I decided on a S&W 2 inch .357. What I need to know know is a good place to buy one I do not mind a little drive. I tried shopping in kitsap county but think we are a little over priced but maybe not, I could not find what I was looking for under aprox $640. Any suggestions on a good friendly store to buy my 2nd carry back up piece?
    Last edited by fire suppressor; 01-04-2012 at 05:16 AM.
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

marys pistols - tacoma
    cascade arms - olympia

New or used? I just check the website "Gallery of Gun's" (which deals with new) and found several places around Silverdale from $604 to $650. If nothing else, it can show you different FFL's in the area (and contact information). I've never used the site, but you make a deposit and they send it to the FFL for the paperwork and pay the rest of the amt. They have a lifetime warranty on the products. Good luck in your search, nothing like a reason to go firearm shopping!

thus concludes my 2 cents

Cascade Arms is a good place, but a bit out of the way for you. You can always call ahead and get prices if you are considering going down there. I did that when I was over in Pullman. Called a week ahead, had them order it, and picked it up on my Thanksgiving break.

If you absolutely have to have the least expensive pistol in the choice you posted, just google up the dealers in the Puget Sound area and start calling.

I did that a few years ago when I bought one of my pistols and found that the prices were all pretty close and the less expensive ones would end up costing me a half-tank of gas as well as substantial drive time. Sometimes the "local" isn't all that much more expensive when you take all factors into consideration.

If you buy online, just remember, shipping and transfer fees need to be taken into consideration and you aren't escaping the Sales Tax.

Spend an hour or so on the phone. Like the old Yellow Pages ad, "let your fingers do the walking".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter66 View Post
    +1
    Live Free or Die!

For the North end I would suggest www.bucks-gun-shop.com he is in snohomish and has a low overhead.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Which Model S&W .357 are you leaning toward?
    Last edited by jbone; 01-04-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fire suppressor View Post
    Hello everyone, I have been researching and test shootings a lot different guns over the last few moths and think I decided on a S&W 2 inch .357. What I need to know know is a good place to buy one I do not mind a little drive. I tried shopping in kitsap county but think we are a little over priced but maybe not, I could not find what I was looking for under aprox $640. Any suggestions on a good friendly store to buy my 2nd carry back up piece?

Check PM
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Skagit Arms in Burlington

http://skagitarms.com/

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    If you absolutely have to have the least expensive pistol in the choice you posted, just google up the dealers in the Puget Sound area and start calling.

I did that a few years ago when I bought one of my pistols and found that the prices were all pretty close and the less expensive ones would end up costing me a half-tank of gas as well as substantial drive time. Sometimes the "local" isn't all that much more expensive when you take all factors into consideration.

If you buy online, just remember, shipping and transfer fees need to be taken into consideration and you aren't escaping the Sales Tax.

Spend an hour or so on the phone. Like the old Yellow Pages ad, "let your fingers do the walking".
    Is $640 expensive for a little revolver? I do not know much about revolvers this would be my first one. I thought they where suppose to be easy and cheap to make $640 is more than I thought they would be

Quote Originally Posted by fire suppressor View Post
    Is $640 expensive for a little revolver? I do not know much about revolvers this would be my first one. I thought they where suppose to be easy and cheap to make $640 is more than I thought they would be
    $640 is not expensive for a S&W snub. Though you can generaly find a used one cheaper. Several manufacturers make snubs that go from $350-$500 though. My personal favorite is the Ruger LCR in .357. You can usually find them new between $400-$450.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    ...Several manufacturers make snubs that go from $350-$500 though.
    Yep, you could look at Charter Arms (made in the USA), and there's Taurus. But I'd rather have a .357 in the S&W M&P360, or the model 60, but I know that will never happen

Check seattleguns.net. I just missed out on a S&W 27 for $350. I've been eyeing a few 6 shots on there in the $500-$700 range. Plus it is all local and you won't have to pay sales tax.

Check your PM Fire Suppressor.

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    Which Model S&W .357 are you leaning toward?
    I have looked at SO many I can't keep my models straight. It was a small 2 inch S&W snub nose with a hammer. I looked at a few of the taurus revolvers as they are much cheaper but did not care for their feel or the way they shot

Sorry I had to go through my notes S&W model 60 is the one I liked

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    Don't forget DJ's Sport up in Bothell if you feel like coming up North. They have a LOT of 38/357's to choose from. Usually pretty decent deals.
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

For a 5-shot .357 snub built like a tank, consider the Ruger SP101. Should be able to find one used for <$400.

That Smith you like should be a nice gun though, pro series, not Performance Center but not off the line.

If I am correct Champion Arms has a layaway program....

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bikemutt View Post
    For a 5-shot .357 snub built like a tank, consider the Ruger SP101. Should be able to find one used for <$400.

That Smith you like should be a nice gun though, pro series, not Performance Center but not off the line.
    I just traded my 2.25" SP 101 in to DJ's for a 3" SP 101. They may still have it.
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

Quote Originally Posted by SigPacker View Post
    If I am correct Champion Arms has a layaway program....
    Correct. Take the price +tax and divide by 4. Put the first 25% down and pay 25% for the next 3 months and it is yours.
    Live Free or Die!

I hear good things about DJ's in Bothell
    http://local.yahoo.com/info-22098542...orated-bothell

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    I hear good things about DJ's in Bothell
    http://local.yahoo.com/info-22098542...orated-bothell
    They are a nice place, good folks. It's really a nice place for finding/holding a gun you want (large stock) and good for those that want it immediately however I have found that bucks gun shop can typically under cut them about $50 or more on new guns.

Bucks has layaway also.
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 01-05-2012 at 08:07 AM.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast