• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good place to buy a hand gun?

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
For a 5-shot .357 snub built like a tank, consider the Ruger SP101. Should be able to find one used for <$400.

That Smith you like should be a nice gun though, pro series, not Performance Center but not off the line.

I just traded my 2.25" SP 101 in to DJ's for a 3" SP 101. They may still have it.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:

jbone

Sorry I had to go through my notes S&W model 60 is the one I liked

The M60 would be an excellent choice. For me the SP101 didn't feel as good in the hand as the S&W M60. If you go full size the Ruger GP100 is a dream come true.