• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good place to buy a hand gun?

fire suppressor

Hello everyone, I have been researching and test shootings a lot different guns over the last few moths and think I decided on a S&W 2 inch .357. What I need to know know is a good place to buy one I do not mind a little drive. I tried shopping in kitsap county but think we are a little over priced but maybe not, I could not find what I was looking for under aprox $640. Any suggestions on a good friendly store to buy my 2nd carry back up piece?

Last edited:

911Grunt

New or used? I just check the website "Gallery of Gun's" (which deals with new) and found several places around Silverdale from $604 to $650. If nothing else, it can show you different FFL's in the area (and contact information). I've never used the site, but you make a deposit and they send it to the FFL for the paperwork and pay the rest of the amt. They have a lifetime warranty on the products. Good luck in your search, nothing like a reason to go firearm shopping! :cool:

thus concludes my 2 cents

p2a1x7

Cascade Arms is a good place, but a bit out of the way for you. You can always call ahead and get prices if you are considering going down there. I did that when I was over in Pullman. Called a week ahead, had them order it, and picked it up on my Thanksgiving break.

amlevin

If you absolutely have to have the least expensive pistol in the choice you posted, just google up the dealers in the Puget Sound area and start calling.

I did that a few years ago when I bought one of my pistols and found that the prices were all pretty close and the less expensive ones would end up costing me a half-tank of gas as well as substantial drive time. Sometimes the "local" isn't all that much more expensive when you take all factors into consideration.

If you buy online, just remember, shipping and transfer fees need to be taken into consideration and you aren't escaping the Sales Tax.

Spend an hour or so on the phone. Like the old Yellow Pages ad, "let your fingers do the walking".

jbone

Which Model S&W .357 are you leaning toward?

Last edited:

jt59

Hello everyone, I have been researching and test shootings a lot different guns over the last few moths and think I decided on a S&W 2 inch .357. What I need to know know is a good place to buy one I do not mind a little drive. I tried shopping in kitsap county but think we are a little over priced but maybe not, I could not find what I was looking for under aprox $640. Any suggestions on a good friendly store to buy my 2nd carry back up piece?

Check PM

fire suppressor

If you absolutely have to have the least expensive pistol in the choice you posted, just google up the dealers in the Puget Sound area and start calling.

I did that a few years ago when I bought one of my pistols and found that the prices were all pretty close and the less expensive ones would end up costing me a half-tank of gas as well as substantial drive time. Sometimes the "local" isn't all that much more expensive when you take all factors into consideration.

If you buy online, just remember, shipping and transfer fees need to be taken into consideration and you aren't escaping the Sales Tax.

Spend an hour or so on the phone. Like the old Yellow Pages ad, "let your fingers do the walking".

Is $640 expensive for a little revolver? I do not know much about revolvers this would be my first one. I thought they where suppose to be easy and cheap to make $640 is more than I thought they would be

decklin

Is $640 expensive for a little revolver? I do not know much about revolvers this would be my first one. I thought they where suppose to be easy and cheap to make $640 is more than I thought they would be

$640 is not expensive for a S&W snub. Though you can generaly find a used one cheaper. Several manufacturers make snubs that go from $350-$500 though. My personal favorite is the Ruger LCR in .357. You can usually find them new between $400-$450.

jbone

...Several manufacturers make snubs that go from $350-$500 though.

Yep, you could look at Charter Arms (made in the USA), and there's Taurus. But I'd rather have a .357 in the S&W M&P360, or the model 60, but I know that will never happen:(

cougfan

Check seattleguns.net. I just missed out on a S&W 27 for $350. I've been eyeing a few 6 shots on there in the $500-$700 range. Plus it is all local and you won't have to pay sales tax.

fire suppressor

Which Model S&W .357 are you leaning toward?

I have looked at SO many I can't keep my models straight. It was a small 2 inch S&W snub nose with a hammer. I looked at a few of the taurus revolvers as they are much cheaper but did not care for their feel or the way they shot

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
Don't forget DJ's Sport up in Bothell if you feel like coming up North. They have a LOT of 38/357's to choose from. Usually pretty decent deals.

bikemutt

For a 5-shot .357 snub built like a tank, consider the Ruger SP101. Should be able to find one used for <$400.

That Smith you like should be a nice gun though, pro series, not Performance Center but not off the line.