• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One More time...

Sheldon

Georgia Court to hear Natural Born Citizen Case vs Obama

From http://www.thenationalpatriot.com/?p=3722

The liberty Legal Foundation has announced that the case pending in Georgia, challenging Obama’s eligibility, has been ACCEPTED.

This is great news considering Obama and his team of attorneys had been actively trying to have this case DENIED!!

The Georgia court in agreeing to hear the case could well be setting the stage for other states in which quite similar cases are pending. Arizona and Tennessee both have such cases waiting right now.

This case, in Georgia, deals specifically with the Natural Born Citizen issue.

In a previous article, we brought up the Minor vs Happersett case from 1875 in which the Supreme Court defined a NBC as one who has 2 parents which were citizens at the time of the subject’s birth. We also cited 3 other cases in which the Supreme Court, previous to the Minor case, said the same thing.

Since Obama’s father, at the time of Barack’s birth, was not a U.S. citizen, nor did he ever become one, according to the U.S. Supreme Court in 1875…Obama is NOT a Natural Born Citizen.

If not a NBC…then, according to the Constitution, Obama is ineligible to serve as President.

SFCRetired

What keeps coming up in my mind is why this wasn't determined before he was elected? It would have saved us all a lot of trouble.

What is going to be interesting is what happens after the elections in November. Either way, there is going to be some "civil unrest".

MKEgal

Minor vs Happersett case from 1875 in which the Supreme Court defined a [natural-born citizen] as one who has 2 parents which were citizens at the time of the subject’s birth. We also cited 3 other cases in which the Supreme Court, previous to the Minor case, said the same thing.
So everyone except the Native Americans has to go home, 'cause everybody else either had parents born elsewhere or was born of someone (who was born of someone, etc.) who wasn't a natural-born citizen because that person's parent(s) weren't themselves natural-born by that definition.

There has to be a balance between that old way of looking at it, where everybody ends up ineligible for office,
and
the current way of looking at it, where anyone who's born inside US borders (or in a territory, military base, or consulate) is automatically assumed to be a citizen.
Wouldn't that be a fiasco, if the child of illegal aliens ran for President?
"But I was born here!"

BTW, the actual applicable text from the Constitution (Article 2, Section 1) says:
No person except a natural born Citizen,
or
a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution,
shall be eligible to the Office of President;
neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years,
and
been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.
(emphasis mine)
So they almost literally grandfathered themselves into eligibility.

Besides, we're supposed to understand it with the normal, logical, natural definitions that were in use when it was written. Changing that is like changing "shall not be infringed" to "except as allowed by law".

MKEgal

SFCRetired said:
What keeps coming up in my mind is why this wasn't determined before he was elected?
It was.
Don't you think that the Bush-controlled FBI/CIA/DHS/whatever did everything they could to find something that would discredit Obama from being legally a candidate?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
As a family friend plugged into the "inside the beltway" said in the summer of '09, unless some overwhelmingly obvious-cannot-be-denied-or-hidden absolute proof that he is not a citizen came to light, even otherwise typically sufficient proof that he is not a resident would go nowhere becauuse it would cause such a total cluster-fark of a constitutional, legal, diplomatic and international law crisis that the entire worlds' gov'ts would be all "lalalalala can't hear you" to avoid stepping into that huge stinking pile. Since then even more things have happened that would make that pile of doodie even deeper.

None of the above is meant to be an opinion on the status of his NBC as I'm not offering an opinion on the merits of that issue.

SFCRetired

It was.
Don't you think that the Bush-controlled FBI/CIA/DHS/whatever did everything they could to find something that would discredit Obama from being legally a candidate?
Oh, I agree that all the alphabet agencies, to include a couple you forgot, turned over every rock they possibly could. The key words there are "possibly could". I've lived in other countries long enough to know that far too many of them, especially in Africa, operate on a "no gift, no answers" policy. In one country, a handful of ball point pens got me a driver's license without the formality of taking a test!!

Do I believe Obama has a legal right to be President? Immaterial at this point. He occupies the post and very shortly, the people's voice will be heard again and it will be determined whether or not he continues in office.

Although I personally think his continuing in office would be a disaster, I am much more concerned about the actions of some of my fellow citizens whether he is or is not returned to office. As I have stated previously, I firmly believe that we are going to see some massive civil unrest either way.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
So everyone except the Native Americans has to go home, 'cause everybody else either had parents born elsewhere or was born of someone (who was born of someone, etc.) who wasn't a natural-born citizen because that person's parent(s) weren't themselves natural-born by that definition.(...)

Without agreeing or disagreeing with the general discussion I think you are misinterpreting the "natural born citizen" idea. As I understand it, they mean anyone who's born here and had parents that were both EITHER citizens, natural born citizens, or any combination of the two ; is a natural born citizen. Kind of makes sense actually if you think of assimilation being the goal.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
It was.

If there was anything to the birther crap, HITLARY's campaign would have exposed it. Let's even entertain the idea that EVERYONE dropped the ball and obozo slipped through the cracks. Will anything be reversed? Hell no.

Sheldon

If there was anything to the birther crap, HITLARY's campaign would have exposed it. Let's even entertain the idea that EVERYONE dropped the ball and obozo slipped through the cracks. Will anything be reversed? Hell no.

Who do you think started this...
As to Bush, they made MC prove his and the Democratic party went out of their way to divert attention doing so.
One real quick way to stop this would be to provide an actual birth certificate and not the certificate of live birth they have tried to pass off...
N then there was the bogus PDF file that was posted on the white house site as the real deal but was quickly shot down by the nerds.....
There is a heap of evidence against his citizenship....
He went to college under a foreign exchange scholarship, his multiple SS numbers, multiple passports with stated Not a US citizen, and then there is this little gem....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zH4GX3Otf14

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Who do you think started this...
As to Bush, they made MC prove his and the Democratic party went out of their way to divert attention doing so.
One real quick way to stop this would be to provide an actual birth certificate and not the certificate of live birth they have tried to pass off...
N then there was the bogus PDF file that was posted on the white house site as the real deal but was quickly shot down by the nerds.....
There is a heap of evidence against his citizenship....
He went to college under a foreign exchange scholarship, his multiple SS numbers, multiple passports with stated Not a US citizen, and then there is this little gem....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zH4GX3Otf14

Like I've said before, you could come up with a video of obozo being born in Kenya, and delivered by Nikita Kruschev shortly before a satanic ritual in which a bald eagle is sacrificed. In 3 years when the courts finally decide obozo was indeed illegitamite, we're still stuck with his damage. Concentrate on getting rid of him and demanding your elected officials reverse leftist policies that have plaqued us for decades.