• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need to update new Spokane Mayor and new Council members on OC.

fetch

Good Morning Spokane,
I would like to set up a meeting to address OC issues in Spokane. This could be done Saturday 7th at 9:00am to 10:00am. If you can't make it fine, we will get the word out which Monday council meeting we will be at. I am hoping this month.
I would like to get as many people that live in the city as possible. However, the more we can get from the county will be great. The city hall and council chambers are not restricted from OC. I will talk with a couple of council members that we will be making a presentation.
A couple of meeting items (Sat.) to discuss,
Primary-- get the police training bulletin revised. We have an interim police chief, this will have to do because he has been on the force for a long time. Police training coordinator needs to be there also.
Second--- Go before the city council and present them with the current RCW and local codes in violation. (Parks, etc) For this we will need a good orator. Any volunteers?
Third-- ---- The Mayor, we need to get him on our side. All the city needs to do is follow state law.
I do hope we can get together. Thanks.

Jeff Hayes

I will be out of town on the 7th thru the 12th and from the 25th till about the 15th of Feb. I would love to be there and would even consider speaking.

Is there an advantage to doing this a few weeks down the road, I am thinking that we may get lost in all the new changes.

I am up for a meeting on the 14th to finalize the meeting on the 7th if needed.

Last edited:

o2ryan

I am not available to meet on either the 7th nor the 14th. I would be very interested in participating, but agree with Orphan that approaching too soon may not afford us the council's undivided attention with all the changes going on at the moment. I do however agree with Fetch that a new council would be a great audience to address current misalignments in Spokane code and police training.

BobR

I won't be able to make anything this weekend. The weekend of the 14th works a lot better for me also.

bob

fetch

Very well, I will try the 14th. Donut Parade.

Think some more about what we are going to do.
We still need a good speaker and a clear line of issues that need to be resolved.
Orphan, I would like to have you speak, but we need someone who resides in the city.
I personally believe we should bring this up now, and keep on them (every month) until these issues are corrected.

Jeff Hayes

Think some more about what we are going to do.
We still need a good speaker and a clear line of issues that need to be resolved.
Orphan, I would like to have you speak, but we need someone who resides in the city.
I personally believe we should bring this up now, and keep on them (every month) until these issues are corrected.

I'm up for the 14th at Donut Parade if and only if someone promises to shoot me of I go for the 4th maple bar other donuts dont count.

I agree we need to have a game plan and someone that lives in town to do the speaking.

fetch

OC Meet Donut Parade Jan 14th. 0900-1000

A reminder for the OC meeting. Bring ideas, maybe a pencil and paper. We need to discuss getting the issues straightened out with the city.

surfj9009

Fetch, I know it's been a while since I have been on here, but I would be willing to help as before.

I have no problem going into a meeting with any of the above parties listed or speaking with the city council. I did these things before and will do them again to help the cause.

But I am a bit rusty. Haven't OC'ed in a long time. I would need some time to learn the "changes" if any, and a bit of history on things regarding OC that have happened in the last 2 years or so.

I'll start spending a bit more time on the forum here over the next few weeks, and then hopefully we can have a meet when I get back into town. I'll be back in town from work on Feb. 8th.

If you guys don't go before the council before then than hopefully I can help.

What issues need to be worked out? I thought the city was pretty much good to go after the work we put in a few years ago. What changed, other than the need to educate the new council members?

Jason

Jeff Hayes

Fetch, I know it's been a while since I have been on here, but I would be willing to help as before.

I have no problem going into a meeting with any of the above parties listed or speaking with the city council. I did these things before and will do them again to help the cause.

But I am a bit rusty. Haven't OC'ed in a long time. I would need some time to learn the "changes" if any, and a bit of history on things regarding OC that have happened in the last 2 years or so.

I'll start spending a bit more time on the forum here over the next few weeks, and then hopefully we can have a meet when I get back into town. I'll be back in town from work on Feb. 8th.

If you guys don't go before the council before then than hopefully I can help.

What issues need to be worked out? I thought the city was pretty much good to go after the work we put in a few years ago. What changed, other than the need to educate the new council members?

Jason

Hey Jason, welcome back.