• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond Gun show

EasyComp

Hi y'all doin today? was wondering if Anyone here was planning on going to the Richmond showplace for the gunshow this Weekend Jan. 7th and 8th.

Regards,
EasyComp

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I wish!
Barn building and hopefully chasing off dog hunters for the last time this year....and maybe, I'll get to hunt a few hours in peace.

Then there's the Bush Hog that needs repair, the tractor needs the hydraulic oil changed, the new water tank needs to be hauled to the new barn addition, roads need grading.....

Maybe next show:uhoh:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I signed up to sit at the VCDL table on Sunday afternoon. Come by and I'll tell you stories that will make your hair curl, or take the curl out of your hair, or put hair on someone's chest.

Just out of curiosity, will this be your first Fun Show[sic]?

stay safe.

PS -

If you promise to wear it at school, I'll buy you a GSL button.

Last edited:

scouser

I'd like to go, but Sunday is my son's 2nd birthday and I'd catch hell from my wife if I bailed out to go to a gun show. Saturday is his party so that means no gun show Saturday either as well as no RCD for breakfast for he and I this week. Guess I have to wait for February's show before I can go again. Good thing there's nothing I need to have before then.

Last edited:

EasyComp

Gsl

I signed up to sit at the VCDL table on Sunday afternoon. Come by and I'll tell you stories that will make your hair curl, or take the curl out of your hair, or put hair on someone's chest.

Just out of curiosity, will this be your first Fun Show[sic]?

stay safe.

PS -

If you promise to wear it at school, I'll buy you a GSL button.

I would like to carry at school but i go to school in the Bronx in new york city. SUny Maritime College if y'all have ever heard of it.
THis will be my.....to many to count # of gun shows. I've been going them since i was a kid with my dad. 22 now. you know where the table will be?

Regards,
Easy

scouser

I would like to carry at school but i go to school in the Bronx in new york city. SUny Maritime College if y'all have ever heard of it.
THis will be my.....to many to count # of gun shows. I've been going them since i was a kid with my dad. 22 now. you know where the table will be?

Regards,
Easy

Personally I've only ever been to 1 show at the Showplace, my usual show I visit is at the Racetrack. Anyway, the VCDL table on that occasion was as soon as you walk in the front door on your right, in the lobby. You could get to the VCDL table without even paying to get in the exhibition hall, in fact if you got to the ticket window you had already gone past VCDL.

As I said I don't usually go to the Showplace so not sure if that was the normal setup, I'm sure skidmark will let you know soon enough once he's finished feeding his reindeer :lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Regards,

Easy

Walk in the front door and look to your right.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

You misunderstood - all I'm asking is that you wear the GSL button at school.

And as everyone has said, when you come through the glass front doors turn right - the VCDL table is always there.

stay safe.

EasyComp

College

The best i can do about the button is wear it in civilian clothes. I have a Navy Khaki uniform i have to wear every day. But I'm sure I can manage it some how.

Regards,
Easy

Last edited:

scouser

The best i can do about the button is wear it in civilian clothes. I have a Navy Khaki uniform i have to wear every day. But I'm sure I can manage it some how.

Regards,
Easy

Wear the peel off orange stickers. If you see skidmark ask him if you can have a couple of the ones he saves for Logan, he'll know what you mean.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Good show!
Got some snares and Yote scent, a forearm for my Mossberg with Picatinny rails and I got a vertical grip to go with it, a couple of bags of 45 autorim brass, carved scrimshawed boxes and a charm bracelet (don't ask) and a single point sling. Damn boxes cost twice what everything else did.:banghead:

I have never seen this show this crowded.