Thread: Bachmann quits

Bachmann quits

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/m...161724564.html

Michele Bachmann announced her exit from the presidential race Wednesday morning following a sixth-place finish in the first-in-the-nation caucus state of Iowa.

"Last night, the people of Iowa spoke with a very clear voice. And so I have decided to stand aside," the Republican representative from Minnesota told reporters during a morning media availability here at the Marriott hotel.

Despite Bachmann's extensive, last-minute tour to visit all 99 of Iowa's counties, her first place finish in the Aug. 13 straw poll, and the state being her place of birth, Iowa Republican caucus voters rejected Bachmann's campaign, handing her 6,073 votes on caucus night--5 percent of the total votes cast in Tuesday night's caucuses.
    Last edited by PistolPackingMomma; 01-04-2012 at 02:35 PM.

This is not surprising. At the very most, she was a long shot to be the GOP nominee. Candidates typically start dropping like flies adter the Iowa and New Hampshire caucuses. What is surprising to me is that Perry didn't quit despite his horible showing in Iowa.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 01-04-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Perry won't quit until he is passed over for the nomination. He is a certifiable megalomaniacal sociopath, and will never admit defeat until he is told by his puppet masters to "go away".
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

When her crazies join Santorum's crazies, it should be enough to sink his boat.

Seriously... the guy wants to outlaw birth control, and thinks he can be elected?

It's clear now how he lost his Senate seat as an incumbent, by 18 percentage points.

So we end up again with no real choice. The remaining field are no better than the democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by rpyne View Post
    So we end up again with no real choice. The remaining field are no better than the democrats.
    Democrats want to end the income tax, end the IRS, end The Fed, end the ATF, secure the borders, no amnesty, are super pro-2nd Amendment, and want to cut a trillion dollars of spending year one?

Quote Originally Posted by rpyne View Post
    Its funny when people say this, ignoring Dr. Paul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Perry won't quit until he is passed over for the nomination. He is a certifiable megalomaniacal sociopath, and will never admit defeat until he is told by his puppet masters to "go away".

I've been informed by people I know still connected too the Tin Foil Hat Brigades (poor delusional bastards) that Perry was selected too win, and will win because he is a BurgerBuilder.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...