• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When seconds matter, a pizza would have beaten the cops there

JohnnyO

Fortunately she had something potent to defend herself and her child. Due to her steady hand the gene pool is a little cleaner.

G30Mike

Sad story. Not only does she have to deal with losing her husband, now she had to defend her family by killing some scumbag. Good for her though, she wasn't going to let her son or herself be a victim.

Last edited:

Rich B

I find it sad that she says without her child there she would not have shot him.

Her life is just as important as her child's. In addition, that child needs her.

You don't need to be in mama bear mode to be righteous in using force to stop someone trying to hurt you.

Badger Johnson

I have to say that I'm a bit like that. I'd shoot to save my loved ones in a second. I can not conceive of shooting someone to just save myself.

I'm NOT one of those who can't shoot someone and if I do, it's gonna be a 'gravest extreme' thing. After years of fighting, in the ring, in the club, in the backyards, hurting and scaring a lot of people (I presume), though only one guy had to go to the hospital, I just don't want to use a violence solution. I'll evade, avoid, be pro-active, break off encounters early.

Anyway...courageous lady with a great story to tell her son years later.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Only one state in the union allows you to kill anyone on your land .... without need of calling anyone.

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

I live in a state that always allows for the option of self defense over and above any other state I know....

The state of constant high alert along with extreme situational awareness....:cool:

Outdoorsman1

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Might wanna check Ky KRS chapter 503. In Ky you can use lethal force on anyone attempting to break into your house, already in your house, or trying to gain entrance to an occupied vehicle. We also have stand your ground laws, and we can use lethal force to: prevent death, serious injury, rape, kidnapping, arson, someone From trying to displace us from our property, and to stop someone from committing a felony. The law also says if we use deadly force to prevent any of these things, we cant be charged in criminal or civil courts. Some of the best defense laws in the country. You might wanna check Texas law as well. If the laws of the state you live in don't allow self defense, then your state of mind don't matter, and might possibly get you in trouble.

Last edited:

Rich B

Might wanna check Ky KRS chapter 503. In Ky you can use lethal force on anyone attempting to break into your house, already in your house, or trying to gain entrance to an occupied vehicle. We also have stand your ground laws, and we can use lethal force to: prevent death, serious injury, rape, kidnapping, arson, someone From trying to displace us from our property, and to stop someone from committing a felony. The law also says if we use deadly force to prevent any of these things, we cant be charged in criminal or civil courts. Some of the best defense laws in the country. You might wanna check Texas law as well.

And you are not required to call the police?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Well if you use lethal force you probably don't want a body laying around your house or at your feet in public! I'm pretty certain you are required to call officials in every state if you KILL someone. That's how they determine you were acting within the law.