• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri Pro-2A organizations/legislation

mspgunner

I attendendlast night's meeting of the GCLA here in the STL area. They discussed their 2A priorities for 2012.
Public transit and College campus were on the list.
They asked for suggestions from the "membership".
I suggested "pre-emption" for open carry.
The BOD shot it down immediate and point blank!

I suppose some of the pro-2A groups don't even know what 2A rights are about.
January 14th is the BOD meeting for MSSA, I'm going!

We in the open carry community need to contact our legislators and ask them to support a bill for "pre-emption" of open carry rights.
We are not going to get help from the "pro-2A" organiztions.

These and other groups have a lobbyist in Jefferson City. I don't see "our" interests being pushed by him

This is the link to the Missouri House of Representatives:
http://www.house.mo.gov/
There you can find a link to find you House Representative and a "link" to the Missouri Senate to find your State Senator.

St. louis will host the annual NRA convention in April, probably the largest convention in Missouri this year! WE have a governor who has signed pro-2A bills.
And we have a veto-proof 2A Majority in the House and senate.

Pre-emption and even constitutional carry may be within our grasp and another opportunity may never be had again!

Go to the web site, contact your legislator, tell them you want to see a bill to become law supporting your 2nd amendment rights of carrying a firearm without having to pay for a"right which shall not be infringed", you want a right to carry a firearm without "local governements" making a decision that over rides Art. 1 Sec. 23 of the Missouri Constitution, the right ot keep and bear arms.

This can be our year, you can make it happen!
If you don't, who will? The opportunity will be lost.

DO IT NOW!

mspgunner

What needs to be done?

There has been a group of OC supporters working very hard over the past few months with both Missouri House and Senate members to “fix” the open carry issue in Missouri. However, a bill may not actually be in the works. Now is the time for “ACTION”. All the talk on discussion forums is one thing, if you truly want your rights back it’s time to go to work to get them back!
Please write, call and email the following:
“YOUR” Elected members of the Missouri House of Representatives and Senate. To find out who this is follow the link: http://www.senate.mo.gov/llookup/leg_lookup.aspx
You can track House “Bills” at the following site: http://www.house.mo.gov/billcentral.aspx?pid=26
You can track Senate “Bills” here: http://www.senate.mo.gov/
Please contact your elected officials and politely ask them to sponsor or support House or Senate Bill(s) that provide for real 2nd amendment freedom, pre-emption +/or Constitutional carry in Missouri. Remember please be polite and keep the message short and to the point.
DO IT TODAY BY EMAIL AND CALL OR WRITE AS WELL:
Dear Representative (or) Senator John or Mary Doe
I hope you will support our second amendment rights as described by the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution and more specifically Article 1, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution. These have been part of the basic foundations of freedom in America and our freedoms here in Missouri. Please sponsor or support a Bill and encourage the leadership in the House/Senate to move such a Bill through committee and towards the desk of the Governor. There are many of us in the State of Missouri that believe the statute below should be revised or removed Sec 21.750 paragraph 3. The idea of “local government” restricting a “right which shall not be infringed” is not acceptable.
3. Nothing contained in this section shall prohibit any ordinance of any political subdivision which conforms exactly with any of the provisions of sections 571.010 to 571.070, with appropriate penalty provisions, or which regulates the open carrying of firearms readily capable of lethal use or the discharge of firearms within a jurisdiction, provided such ordinance complies with the provisions of section 252.243.
Sincerely,
Xxxx
Include your name, address and phone number!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
There has been a group of OC supporters working very hard over the past few months with both Missouri House and Senate members to “fix” the open carry issue in Missouri. However, a bill may not actually be in the works. Now is the time for “ACTION”. All the talk on discussion forums is one thing, if you truly want your rights back it’s time to go to work to get them back!

Ladies and gents,

A draft has been submitted but it has yet to make it as a bill. Efforts have been happening in the background and folks are indeed lobbying for our rights. It has not, nor will it become an openly discussed plan because of the very resistance within our own gun community. Many of us are weary of the lip service OC continues to receive and it is time to make a difference.

Politics is power and power is driven by obtaining credit for goals achieved. The group Marc speaks of seeks no power or credit, only choice and freedom for ALL citizens of Missouri. Not a single one of us want you to OC, none of us want a law suit, none of us want power, none of us want credit, all of us want one thing and one thing only, the government out of everyone's lives when it comes to the choices and responsibilities for self defense.

The federal and state government regulate the types of firearms one can own and carry, there is absolutely no reason local governments and municipalities should be imposing even more regulations upon your choice of how you carry those firearms. If your representative has run on the platform of smaller government, I would suggest you use this as an example of exactly the kind of governmental intrusion that you do not welcome. The idea that while standing on the south side of Ladue road in Ladue MO you are a legal citizen, but if you literally cross the street and step into Olivette you instantly become a criminal for exactly the same method of carrying your firearm.

Is this the kind of governmental intervention you are paying taxes for ladies and gentlemen? Is this what you cast your vote for when you put the politicians into office with your vote? Is this the kind of action you pay for with your memberships to firearms orgs? It is CLEAR, the CCW supporting orgs are indeed about protecting those orgs goals ONLY, not citizens rights. Are we as a group glad the state wide preemption for almost all firearms laws? Yes, absolutely and we respect the efforts put forward, we just fail to understand WHY the only thing they indeed did not preempt is the right of all citizens to choose their own method of carry, concealed or open.

Lip service is NOT just the politicians, it is far far to many in the firearms community as well. Saying you support "constitutional carry" and indeed putting effort to strive for that goal are two totally separate things. Are the goals of public transit approved CCW or college campus carry really serving the citizens of MO? How many CCW take public transit? How many who do not suddenly will because CCW is now allowed? How many will carry on campus now?

We are going to tell college owners they are not allowed to regulate their own property instead of fixing the loophole in the law that allows people like Paul Martin to personally make something illegal on one side of the street. College carry is NOT going to happen, it is a pipe dream. Oh sure, you can remove it from any legal implications, but you are not going to find any campus's open to regulation of their codes of conduct so while it might not be against the law to carry there, a student caught doing so will still remain subject to dismissal from the school for violating the rules of conduct. It is LIP SERVICE from the very ones who proclaim they are the ones fighting for our rights.

Well there you go, there is indeed a small organized group, banging on a few doors in a strategic manner to try and change things for everyone. No credit, no power, just folks saying "damn it, we are tired of lip service and it is time to move forward without those who remain focused on the politics", we simply want LESS government and we are not just saying it, we are DOING it, will you join us in the fight?

No memberships, no dues, no key chains or tee shirts, just change folks, just change.

Rich

Last edited:

Griz

Thanks for the sample mail gunner. I'll send it out this week.

Oramac

The link to look up your specific Congressman requires a 9 digit zip code. For those who don't know theirs (like me), go to the following link and use the "Quick Tools" drop down menu on the left. Zip code look up is the last option listed.

https://www.usps.com/welcome.htm

Also, thanks for the mail template Marc! I've just emailed my Senator (Rupp) using the form available on the Senate website, but will have to wait to email my Rep (Gatschenberger) until I get home, as I can't use my personal email at work.

OC for ME

The link to look up your specific Congressman requires a 9 digit zip code. For those who don't know theirs (like me), go to the following link and use the "Quick Tools" drop down menu on the left. Zip code look up is the last option listed.

https://www.usps.com/welcome.htm

Also, thanks for the mail template Marc! I've just emailed my Senator (Rupp) using the form available on the Senate website, but will have to wait to email my Rep (Gatschenberger) until I get home, as I can't use my personal email at work.
Didn't Gatschenberger have a run in with the House for 'voting for members not present'? He seems to be pro-2A but I am not sure he has very much pull after that stunt. He may not be back if a opponent brings that back up.

I sent a note to him and Rupp, can't hurt and he does get a vote this session.

Oramac

Didn't Gatschenberger have a run in with the House for 'voting for members not present'? He seems to be pro-2A but I am not sure he has very much pull after that stunt. He may not be back if a opponent brings that back up.

I have no idea about that. Never heard of it. But I haven't been in his district very long either.

I sent a note to him and Rupp, can't hurt and he does get a vote this session.

Telling them how we feel is never a bad thing. It's how our system is designed.

mspgunner

Time for action - Missouri

Send the emails, write the letters, go to jefferson City if you ca, tell your friends, post it on Facebook.

This may be a one time shot.

If we, our friends and down the line wil ltake the time and write, email and call, it CAN HAPPEN, if we don't you may never see pre-emption and OC legal through out the State!
JUST DO IT, DO IT NOW!

mspgunner

Chesterfield, MO. More anti 2 A legislation

The next meeting of the Chesterfield City Council January 18th 7:00PM will be the sencond vote on yet anothetr anti-2A local law.
Come out, read the law and speak up!

Step by step we lose our rights!

On November 23, the city attorney circulated a memo stating that the proposed ordinance would make clear "that neither firearms nor projectile weapons can be discharged to protect crops or other property, including homes." (emphasis added) As I hope everyone will be able to see, the intended purpose of this law runs directly contrary to the Missouri Constitution - it's not even a close call.

The law it self is PDF, I'll try to attach.View attachment 7724

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
WOW where is everyone on this? Time to get off the pot folks, session is in and we need to be showing a ton of support.

mspgunner

WOW where is everyone on this? Time to get off the pot folks, session is in and we need to be showing a ton of support.

YES WE CAN!

This could be the year it starts if not get settled with pre-emption. It will take all of us to speak up and be heard!

Plan atrip to Jeff City to speak with your elected officials, make an appointment to be sure you have an audience.

Like LMTD I'm going. I took three weeks of vacation just to go to Jefferson City and help make this happen!

Gun Rally Day at the capitol is April 18th in the 1st floor rotunda 10:00 till 12:00.

Many of us OCers will gather for lunch after, the time and place to be determined. I'm going to meet soem OC folks in Jefferson City in February and we'll find a place to have it.
Details and directions to follow.

This may be our time! Together we can get this done!

Redbaron007

I will be in touch with my state reps and senator this week.

I also have April 18th on my calendar to attend.

This is something we all need to be very persistent with our elected officials. Pre-emption is a must. How many of us are tired of trying to determine if a city is OC friendly or not? I am.

Let your reps know.

mspgunner

I will be in touch with my state reps and senator this week.

I also have April 18th on my calendar to attend.

This is something we all need to be very persistent with our elected officials. Pre-emption is a must. How many of us are tired of trying to determine if a city is OC friendly or not? I am.

Let your reps know.

Very good!
For a "grass roots effort" to work, we need s lot of roots!

Broondog

Rep. Fallert (104) just got the first of many emails from me this year and will get a phone call as well as soon as the sun comes up.

Sen. Engler (3) will get his as soon as his web page ceases being fussy. but phones are generally reliable. he's gonna be right after Fallert in the AM.

mspgunner

Rep. Fallert (104) just got the first of many emails from me this year and will get a phone call as well as soon as the sun comes up.

Sen. Engler (3) will get his as soon as his web page ceases being fussy. but phones are generally reliable. he's gonna be right after Fallert in the AM.

Thank you for helping!

Morpheus97

I sent my emails, Representative Margo McNeil & Senator Jane Cunningham. If anyone hasn't sent them yet, do it soon. The more people that participate, the more likely our voices will be heard.

mspgunner

I sent my emails, Representative Margo McNeil & Senator Jane Cunningham. If anyone hasn't sent them yet, do it soon. The more people that participate, the more likely our voices will be heard.

Correct, it is a numbers game, numbers count if we get eniugh of them.

Jane will be my senator next Jan. after the redistricting happens. I've had a 2A chat with her in her kitchen, she'll come around!

She knows me well and I told her I'd be up to Jeff City in February to have a chat.

She is not 100% pro-2A, we'll have to work on her!