• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri Pro-2A organizations/legislation

mspgunner

Dear Representative (or) Senator John or Mary Doe
I hope you will support our second amendment rights as described by the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution and more specifically Article 1, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution. These have been part of the basic foundations of freedom in America and our freedoms here in Missouri. Please sponsor or support a Bill and encourage the leadership in the House/Senate to move such a Bill through committee and towards the desk of the Governor. There are many of us in the State of Missouri that believe the statute below should be revised or removed Sec 21.750 paragraph 3. The idea of “local government” restricting a “right which shall not be infringed” is not acceptable.
3. Nothing contained in this section shall prohibit any ordinance of any political subdivision which conforms exactly with any of the provisions of sections 571.010 to 571.070, with appropriate penalty provisions, or which regulates the open carrying of firearms readily capable of lethal use or the discharge of firearms within a jurisdiction, provided such ordinance complies with the provisions of section 252.243.
Sincerely,
Xxxx
Include your name, address and phone number!

Morpheus97

I heard back from Senator Jane Cunningham today. She mentioned how important it is to hear from people in-district. If you haven't contacted your Senator or Representative yet, do it as soon as possible. With enough people, we can make this happen.

Oramac

Quick update. I was finally able to email Gatschenberger this morning, and I heard back from Rupp too. Pretty standard "I support the 2A" type email reply, but at least there was a reply.

Verd

Campaign Veteran
Emailed: Senator Jack Goodman and Represenative Don Phillips

I actually got a voice mail from Represenative Don Phillips, with him stating that he wished to speak with me in person in order to fully understand my concern and thoughts on gun rights. Now to figure out what to say to him lol.

Redbaron007

Congrats Verd!!

I haven' received anything, but it was just the other day...maybe it hasn't penetrated their firewalls and anti-virus scans yet, to reach them! :lol:

UPDATE: Received an email back State Sen Bob Dixon. Somewhat generic, however, he stated will contact Senator Muzlinger for some follow up.

Last edited:

mspgunner

I actually got a voice mail from Represenative Don Phillips, with him stating that he wished to speak with me in person in order to fully understand my concern and thoughts on gun rights. Now to figure out what to say to him lol.

OC is legal in soem 95 % of Missouri.
It is allowed under Art. 1 Sec 23 of the Missouri Constitution.
CCW requires the individuasl to put up private funds to exercise a "right", what other constitutional right do we have to pay a fee for?
As a "right" under the 2nd amendment of the Bill of rights and the State of Missouri, pre-emption will ensure allow those laws stand, is it right for "local government" to prohibit a constitutional right?

CCW is pre-empted by Missouri Statute, local government cannot restrict our rights to carry a firearm exept as allowed by statute, shouldn't open carry only be allowed to be restricted under the same set of rules?

Good luck, stand by your guns!

mspgunner

Congrats Verd!!

I haven' received anything, but it was just the other day...maybe it hasn't penetrated their firewalls and anti-virus scans yet, to reach them! :lol:

UPDATE: Received an email back State Sen Bob Dixon. Somewhat generic, however, he stated will contact Senator Muzlinger for some follow up.

At least there are ears! Our numbers are small, we need to speak up loud and clear!

repomasterstl

Doing my part as well.

Sent out a few emails today for my Reps. One of which was just a thank you because he is huge 2a supporter. I also sent out letters for my grandparents that are too old to do it themselves but are big supporters.

mspgunner

Sent out a few emails today for my Reps. One of which was just a thank you because he is huge 2a supporter. I also sent out letters for my grandparents that are too old to do it themselves but are big supporters.

Thiis is what it takes team! If we get a "bill"... leadership is next in line! They would have to move it along, if only!

Griz

Got a response from Ben Harris. He's the new guy came on after Belinda Harris (yeah, family business) for State Rep District 110.

He returned my letter stating: He's in the NRA, supports the right to carry, and agrees and supports measures that would remove paragraph 3.

He is a freshman, this is his first term, and may or may not have a lot of elbows to rub to get something started... but he'll support it if it does!

mspgunner

Got a response from Ben Harris. He's the new guy came on after Belinda Harris (yeah, family business) for State Rep District 110.

He returned my letter stating: He's in the NRA, supports the right to carry, and agrees and supports measures that would remove paragraph 3.

He is a freshman, this is his first term, and may or may not have a lot of elbows to rub to get something started... but he'll support it if it does!

Very GOOD!
She spoke at the second amendment rally at the Arch I held a couple of years ago, I was very pleased that she showed and spoke!

Verd

Campaign Veteran
Spoke with Represenative Phillips today (who had me on speaker phone or something, causing my words to echo back at myself. Something I hate since it makes me doubt what I am saying and makes me that much less eloquent) who responded that "they", meanind Represenatives and Senators, are wanting for Missouri to give more jurisdiction and power to local governments to let them enact and control what laws they want, which also lets Missouri off the hook in the cost of police work and whatnot to control various laws. However, he did agree with my position enough to let me know if there are any current bills right now that address my concern through either email or a phone call.

mspgunner

Spoke with Represenative Phillips today (who had me on speaker phone or something, causing my words to echo back at myself. Something I hate since it makes me doubt what I am saying and makes me that much less eloquent) who responded that "they", meanind Represenatives and Senators, are wanting for Missouri to give more jurisdiction and power to local governments to let them enact and control what laws they want, which also lets Missouri off the hook in the cost of police work and whatnot to control various laws. However, he did agree with my position enough to let me know if there are any current bills right now that address my concern through either email or a phone call.
Here is a direct link to the senate bill:
http://www.senate.mo.gov/12info/pdf-bill/intro/SB680.pdf

kcgunfan

That that piece is being removed.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

kcgunfan

And if it becomes law, I'm taking a vacation to St. Louis, with a handgun strapped on both sides.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk