• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yet another threat to our 2A rights

Firedawg314

... I didn't even know we can defend our property. I went to a CCW class, and it was explained, that you could not "defend" property in Missouri. Wow, they got that one wrong.... Its good to see things written... but wow....

I mean.... wow....how is it that city mangers, etc Know of the law, have their lawyers to research it... they find items such as this and proceed to try to pass laws to undermind it? I honestly believe... if they where to pass that type of law... it just makes more room for them to be like STL city where OC is illegal, then the mear thought of you CC still aleart those who want to be a "hero" to call police on you. Next then you know... you will have a CCW, be arrested with a gun charge, even though you where CCing.

I say it once and I say it again... education is key. The more the citizens know the truth, the more votes you will have of those wanting to support 2A.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
:banghead: I certainly can see where this comes from. My wife is a St. Louis area yuppie by birth an upbringing and it took a couple of years for most of her friennds to just not freak out somewhat knowing I carry. Many of them have either been to the range now or want to go with me. Even for those who grew up around hunters and even one who grew up with a federal LEO parent, the idea of self-defense carrry is just foreign to their social norms.

Firedawg314

:banghead: I certainly can see where this comes from. My wife is a St. Louis area yuppie by birth an upbringing and it took a couple of years for most of her friennds to just not freak out somewhat knowing I carry. Many of them have either been to the range now or want to go with me. Even for those who grew up around hunters and even one who grew up with a federal LEO parent, the idea of self-defense carrry is just foreign to their social norms.

You are so right... some good people there... but some basic thoughts and ideas are so foreign to them. As I meet a person a few months ago that worked in Florissant, she could not understand the idea of people wanting or even needing a gun. Her idea was that... robbery only happens in the urban cities!!!????

But look at the area... I seen a sign there the other day, it stated,

"New homes for sale, moddest prices from the $1.2M "

WTF???? Moddest? Its a whole another world out there. Pretty much how I was treated by people out there... if you don't live here... we don't want you here. But keep in mind.. the average family out there earns about $300,000 a year and up.

Redbaron007

This is a battle I fought for several years with my wife. She still doesn't want to see a gun in the house; the knowledge of a gun in the house still bothers her. However, we have an agreement, I can carry, but when not being carried, it has to be out of sight and reach from the young kids (my youngest is 11, she and I have spoke several times about gun saftey.). She still is not excited about me carrying when we are out; although, I think she likes the thought of being protected, especially after the several incidents at the mall this past fall.

Unfortunately she was raised in a house that taught guns were evil...period! Only crooks and cops have guns! :eek:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
There is always hope. My wife is pretty scary good with a hand gun just target shoooting. And she is finally seriously considering a CC class. I even got her to OC for a few hours in rural KY. Nearly 5 years ago when we met, if she had to move my sidearm she woud pick it up like it was a dead rat. She was moving my holstered sidearm last weekend when cleaning and picked it up still in the carry holster proper draw grip with finger along the slide. She'll never be a gun hobbyist probably, but I know she can help defend me or our family.

Redbaron007

Unfortunately, she won't even hold a firearm, let alone shoot it. However, there is still hope....the ice may be broken.

SFCRetired

Patience and always practicing proper firearm safety is the key.

My beautiful bride grew up in a society where only the police and military have firearms. It has taken time, but she is now comfortable with me carrying. Haven't got her to fire one of my weapons yet, but at least she doesn't go into hysterics at the sight of them (like she did the first time).