Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HB 139 sure looks like Constiutional Carry to me

HB 139 sure looks like Constiutional Carry to me

Virginia House Bill 139:
    Carrying concealed handguns; penalties.
    Provides that any person who may lawfully possess a firearm in Virginia may carry it hidden from common observation. The bill retains the procedures to obtain a permit that authorizes a person to carry a concealed handgun for those who wish to carry a concealed handgun in other states with reciprocal agreements with the Commonwealth. The bill creates Class 1 misdemeanors for carrying concealed handguns during the commission of certain drug-related crimes and makes carrying a concealed handgun during the commission of certain felonies a separate felony. This bill contains technical amendments.

Anyone see any obvious flaws?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolfhound View Post
    Virginia House Bill 139:
    Carrying concealed handguns; penalties.
    Provides that any person who may lawfully possess a firearm in Virginia may carry it hidden from common observation. The bill retains the procedures to obtain a permit that authorizes a person to carry a concealed handgun for those who wish to carry a concealed handgun in other states with reciprocal agreements with the Commonwealth. The bill creates Class 1 misdemeanors for carrying concealed handguns during the commission of certain drug-related crimes and makes carrying a concealed handgun during the commission of certain felonies a separate felony. This bill contains technical amendments.

Anyone see any obvious flaws?
    No flaws and so far, the normal Pro Gun Legislators say they'll support it. That usually means they may vote for it if it makes it to the floor.

pass it! pass it now! lol this is great having representatives

I am happy to see that we will have constitutional carry in virginia! : ) thank you representatives we support HB 139 : )

Quote Originally Posted by opencarrypalmtrees View Post
    I am happy to see that we will have constitutional carry in virginia! : ) thank you representatives we support HB 139 : )
    OCPT, "Puff-Puff-Pass!" if you think Constitutional Carry will pass in VA. I know we'll have a few supporters for this, but it looks too good to be true. Sorry to be a pessimist, but this is way too good to believe until it happens. The Commies will come up with SOME way to shoot it down.

Lori Haas will have an apoplectic fit if it happens. She may even leave the country like all those Hollywood stars did when GW Bush was elected.
    Wait a minute... None of them left. She'll always be around and as welcome as plague. She isn't too hard to look at, though... :-/
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opencarrypalmtrees View Post
    I am happy to see that we may have constitutional carry in virginia! : ) thank you representatives we support HB 139 : )
    Fixed it for you. Words are important.

Will you be there on Lobby Day to show your support?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP View Post
    --snip--
    Lori Haas will have an apoplectic fit if it happens. She may even leave the country like all those Hollywood stars did when GW Bush was elected.
    Wait a minute... None of them left. She'll always be around and as welcome as plague. She isn't too hard to look at, though... :-/
    You do use a mirror though, right?

Ooops, sorry, hand slap.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Going a bit more OT:

She does rather resemble Medusa when she's peeved, doesn't she???
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Going a bit more OT:

Can you imagine the expression/emotion of pure unadulterated apoplexy, of illogical rants that would be forthcoming? A mirror might not work - better a fast boat and blue water.

Keeping it on topic - Hopefully this session, it could happen - especially of the moon and stars are in alignment.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-05-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: clarify

Centurion

That should be a bill put in for VCDL

I need to see the actual bill, but 99% sure that was the one that VCDL asked Delegate Cole to introduce. It is a different approach than has been taken in the past.

Would this affect current pay 2 play stuff we already have, negatively? Not that I like them, but I wouldn't want to screw anyone who uses them on a regular basis. ( I don't even know any off the top of my head, but I hear them mentioned every once in a while)

Could we inundate our legislature with facts about CC and how the current proccess makes criminals of otherwise law abiding citizens? Would it even help or hurt?

Sent using tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Quote Originally Posted by VCDL President View Post
    I need to see the actual bill, but 99% sure that was the one that VCDL asked Delegate Cole to introduce. It is a different approach than has been taken in the past.
    Looks like it. Introduced by Mark L. Cole

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp...?121+sum+HB139
    Alma 43:47 - "And again, the Lord has said that: Ye shall defend your families even unto bloodshed...."
    Self defense isn't just a good idea, it's a commandment.

So all the time then. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Can you imagine the expression/emotion of pure unadulterated apoplexy, of illogical rants that would be forthcoming? A mirror might not work - better a fast boat and blue water.

Keeping it on topic - Hopefully this session, it could happen - especially of the moon and stars are in alignment.
    Perhaps she'll be at a total loss for words and will only be able to point her finger and produce loud tongue-warbling noises like middle eastern women sometimes do!

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Baked on Grease View Post
    Would this affect current pay 2 play stuff we already have, negatively? Not that I like them, but I wouldn't want to screw anyone who uses them on a regular basis. ( I don't even know any off the top of my head, but I hear them mentioned every once in a while)

Could we inundate our legislature with facts about CC and how the current proccess makes criminals of otherwise law abiding citizens? Would it even help or hurt?

Sent using tapatalk
    It leaves the permitting system in place. The parts of the current law that require a person to have a CHP to be in certain places remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by VCDL President View Post
    It leaves the permitting system in place. The parts of the current law that require a person to have a CHP to be in certain places remain the same.
    Is this a VCDL Bill Philip?
    Karen ain't talking and I haven't had time to snoop.

This is a large bill... will take some time to read over.

This is the version that highlights the changes to existing law:

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...+ful+HB139+hil

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    This is a large bill... will take some time to read over.

This is the version that highlights the changes to existing law:

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...+ful+HB139+hil

TFred
    I expect I'll get my money's worth from lobbyist in a box, just on this bill TF.
    I don't want to comment on it yet but so far it looks good!
    We'll see

Last edited by peter nap; 01-05-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I expect I'll get my money's worth from lobbyist in a box, just on this bill TF.
    I don't want to comment on it yet but so far it looks good!
    We'll see

I'm too cheap to pay... last year they let me track 5 for free... I hope it's the same this year.
    I can't see the pic at work... haf'ta wait until I get home...

TFred

last year they let me track 5 for free... I hope it's the same this year.

TFred
    It is! Beats paying $600.00. That stings some,

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    It is! Beats paying $600.00. That stings some,
    I really don't understand why this is a pay service. There are lots of ordinary citizens...well at least a few... who want to track more than 5 bills.

That picture mysteriously showed up... funny! Has he seen that?

TFred

funny! Has he seen that?

TFred
    Naaa, I just made it while I was waiting for a video to render

Constitutional Carry is probably my #1, though state-wide pre-emption is close.

OCPT, "Puff-Puff-Pass!" if you think Constitutional Carry will pass in VA. I know we'll have a few supporters for this, but it looks too good to be true. Sorry to be a pessimist, but this is way too good to believe until it happens. The Commies will come up with SOME way to shoot it down.

Lori really has very little clout. She's like a cat that gets it's tail caught under a rocker. It squals and annoys everyone, but no one really cares.

If this is to pass it needs the support here and on every pro gun board around. Places like Richmond Guns will certainly oppose it.
    We need to get involved. constant emails and calls just to get it on the floor....but it can be done!

Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    Constitutional Carry is probably my #1, though state-wide pre-emption is close.
    These two are tied for #1 with me.

I posted this over at VAGT.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by Agent19 View Post
    These two are tied for #1 with me.

I posted this over at VAGT.
    I already replied to your post there before I saw your comment here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast