• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Response from Goodwill Industires

PistolPackingMomma

I do get it, I am one of the 30,000 plus permit holders and I resent this persons attempt to make it sound like all permit holders in Wisconsin hold his opinion.

Your post implies that we are obligated to support Goodwill because they are non profit and help the disabled. I will not give up the rights so many have died for, just because Goodwill has a community help program. If they will not respect my right to self defense, I will exercise my rights to shop elsewhere.

That, is what you don't get.

metalman383

I frequent my local Goodwill store. I will abide by the state law that gives any business the ability to post a no weapons sign. If I felt unsafe going to my local Goodwill store, I simply would not enter said establishment.

If a criminal is in the mindset you describe above, the presence or non presence of signage means diddly.

Thats what you are not understanding, a sign only affects Law Abiding Citizens, criminals care less what a sign says. The sign takes away my ability to protect myself, and my family. Would you be mad if the Government suddenly posted all of Wisconsin as a gun free zone? I will also boycott Goodwill!

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I do get it, I am one of the 30,000 plus permit holders and I resent this persons attempt to make it sound like all permit holders in Wisconsin hold his opinion.

I resent that all gun owners, much less permit holders, in Wisconsin DON'T hold his opinion. If they did, there would probably be 10 signs in the whole state.

Packfanatic

Ummm

There are over 30,000 Wisconsin Legal Concealed carry license holders as of today and a vast majority belong not only to Wisconsin forums but nationwide as well. < that is my statement..........

Where does it specifically STATE my
[/QUOTE] attempt to make it sound like all permit holders in Wisconsin hold his opinion.[/QUOTE]

I gave a factual number of permit holders and the fact there are other forums I belong to and Yes, I am not a spokesperson but I would bet you that a majority of permit holders do indeed feel that our rights are being deferred. You are most likley in the minority of those who feel as you do so set up a poll and lets see. We have power in numbers and that translates to $$$ in the pockets of those businesses that decide we are lawabiding. Criminals love soft targets and hate concealed carry as it could be the suprise of thier life. over and out...

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Why engage those that don't stand up for their rights? It is obvious they are here to stir the pot and cause dissent.

Just think if every property owner in the country posted "No Firearms" or "No Weapons Allowed" where would you or could you legally go with your newly acquired Concealed Weapons License and firearm? Welcome to the New World: No criminals, no weapons....everything is bliss. In who's mind do these beliefs exist?

I'll keep my money, freedom and guns. You can spend your money and support the anti 2nd Amendment businesses and people. I won't.

msusnVet

There are over 30,000 Wisconsin Legal Concealed carry license holders as of today and a vast majority belong not only to Wisconsin forums but nationwide as well. < that is my statement..........

Where does it specifically STATE my
attempt to make it sound like all permit holders in Wisconsin hold his opinion.[/QUOTE]

I gave a factual number of permit holders and the fact there are other forums I belong to and Yes, I am not a spokesperson but I would bet you that a majority of permit holders do indeed feel that our rights are being deferred. You are most likley in the minority of those who feel as you do so set up a poll and lets see. We have power in numbers and that translates to $$$ in the pockets of those businesses that decide we are lawabiding. Criminals love soft targets and hate concealed carry as it could be the suprise of thier life. over and out...[/QUOTE]

Your are correct on the number of license holders. However, speak for yourself when you wish to address a business who you do not agree with as far as signage.

You have no idea what the views of the vast majority of license holders in Wisconsin are. Nor do I. Neither of us should try to use those numbers for leverage in what should be a personal stand against an organization.

duckdog

The GW in Antigo is posted, so I will not personally spend a red cent in there until they remove the signs. I do not see where you said anything out of line with the letter that was sent. If one chooses to spend their money in a place that discrimanates against us permit holders, then so be it. I will not. You would think an organization with their hands out would be happy to have any business they could get. Apparrently not.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
My Sweet Baboo and I go to Goodwill a couple of times a week just for the fun of it. No signs in Washington State GWs. I always open carry and I don't even see a raised eyebrow.
Oh yeah, we have over 340 thousand LEGAL CPLs in Wa State. Plus all the folks that criminal carry.

MKEgal

A couple days ago I wanted to take a donation to the GW on 92nd just north of Silver Spring (in NW Milwaukee), & when I drove past the front doors I saw they were posted.
:uhoh: (Yes, I added them to Friend or Foe.)
So I parked & went in instead.
Asked the cashier who I should talk to, she found a manager.
Asked him who I should talk to, he said the policy was set by corporate & gave me the below name/address.
I talked to him for a couple minutes, & got the same "you're welcome here, just leave it in the car" that other unthinking businesses have spouted.
I also pointed out that I was cc a large orange plastic pistol, & it could just as easily have been a real one... and a criminal wouldn't have honored their wishes.
I know he can't change the sign, but if enough customers make the same contact, maybe something will get back up the food chain.

1) want my money, accept me; there are other charities to donate to
2) you wouldn't tell someone to leave their cross-bearing necklace in the car
3) potential for MWAG
4) potential for ND
5) potential for theft
6) lost their immunity from liability
7) shows criminals where they'll be safe
8) I've shopped there while armed, with no problem
9) criteria for cc license - can your other customers or employees prove they're similarly non-criminal?

Andrew Fossler
Loss Prevention Manager
5420 21st St.
Racine, WI

More:
Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin, Inc.
Corporate Headquarters
5300 N 118th Ct.
Milwaukee, WI

ETA: messaged through their site, will send paper mail to Mr. Fossler.

Last edited:

Archangel

This is just great, give a non for profit organization that employs and trains disadvantaged and disabled people a hard time.

Speak for yourself and do not include the other 30,000 plus permit holders in your letters to the Goodwill. A vast majority does not agree with you.

I think that is a well done letter and is succinct and to the point.

What has your panties in a bunch about it? You enjoy patronizing and supporting places that infringe on your right to defend yourself and your family. That's up to you.

By the way it's pretty hypocritical of you to speak for this so-called "vast majority" as don't you think?

Last edited:

msusnVet

I think that is a well done letter and is succinct and to the point.

What has your panties in a bunch about it? You enjoy patronizing and supporting places that infringe on your right to defend yourself and your family. That's up to you.

By the way it's pretty hypocritical of you to speak for this so-called "vast majority" as don't you think?

Yup, as hypocritical as the other person trying to speak for the vast majority of license holders to lean on an organizations ability to post.

I do not give a ratz who patronizes what and what not. The Goodwill store in my area is not posted. Sometimes I carry and other times I do not. A posted premise does not infringe on my right to defend myself, if I do not like it I simply go elsewhere. Life is way too short, the pizz and moan attitude is not on my agenda.

I support business' that I like regardless of signage or lack of. You are right in saying that it is up to me.

It never ceases to amaze me that if someone's point of view does not mirror the majority on this forum, one is automatically labled a troublemaker and anti 2A and not a patriot and not for the cause, whatever the cause is.

If you have never done any time in the military, you will never know what the real meaning of excersizing your Constitutional rights is all about. If you in fact have served in the military, I will stand down.

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

It never ceases to amaze me that if someone's point of view does not mirror the majority on this forum, one is automatically labled a troublemaker and anti 2A and not a patriot and not for the cause, whatever the cause is.

If you have never done any time in the military, you will never know what the real meaning of excersizing your Constitutional rights is all about. If you in fact have served in the military, I will stand down.
Like many/most chat rooms/forums, there are amen-corners with their elite deacon-leaders. I laud you for standing on YOUR principles and by yourself.

The best lead is by example. That leader has only the best, most aware, and agreeable followers. The remainder (REMF?) are egging each other on to folly, "Damnit, I'm the senior NCO here, you go!" Continuing the phaux-military metaphor, smart leaders weren't second-looies pushing strings of unwilling and unwitting cannon-fodder.

Thank goodness, that's the phaux-military. Believe nothing that you read or hear without verifying it yourself unless it fits your preexisting worldview.

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
Veteran

Seven year veteran of the USN, including Operation Desert Shield and Operation Desert Storm.

I'm not willing to disarm and give up my right of self-defense to shop at one store or another. No guns = no money.