• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Response from Goodwill Industires

Lthrnck

They covered both sides of the coin if you ask me....

Packfantic stated in general terms about the 30,000 license holders...

Then MsUsnVet ... responded that the VAST MAJORITY....

Didn't they both say the same thing but on opposite sides of the coin..

Should they both not be making these kind of statements.....

Does the vast majority of the 30,00 license holders agree or disagree....

amaixner

I sent this question through the SE Wisconsin Goodwill website:

Mr. Hockerman,

Thank you for your inquiry about our policy on Conceal Carry in our stores. After careful consideration Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin and Metropolitan Chicago decided not to allow concealed weapons within our stores. Goodwill values the safety of all of our patrons and employees.

I have found the problem and highlighted it for you. The stores are run by people in Chicago.

HandyHamlet

If you have never done any time in the military, you will never know what the real meaning of excersizing your Constitutional rights is all about. If you in fact have served in the military, I will stand down.

The idiotic quote in my signature (not Lincoln, but nice try) is from a member here who claims to be a vet. There are plenty of examples on this forum of vets throwing the Constitution under the bus. MilProGuy anyone?

:cry:

msusnVet

The idiotic quote in my signature (not Lincoln, but nice try) is from a member here who claims to be a vet. There are plenty of examples on this forum of vets throwing the Constitution under the bus. MilProGuy anyone?

:cry:

Really? Perhaps you can cite the plenty of examples on this forum of military veterans throwing the Constitution under the bus.

HandyHamlet

Really? Perhaps you can cite the plenty of examples on this forum of military veterans throwing the Constitution under the bus.

I did troll. Read the quote in my signature.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?91371-Dancing-fools&highlight=dancing+jefferson

Any post by MilProGuy for starters.

Then there was this xxxxxxxxxxx of a thread started by a vet who embraces the Bardy Bunch argument on gun show loopholes...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ld-We-Require-Background-Checks-for-All-Sales

How's that for an appetizer? Now go xxxx xxxxx xx xxxxxxxxx xxx xxxxxxx

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

I agree that ANY place of business that prohibits law abiding citizens from the legal and Constitutional right of the self protection of a handgun should not be patronized by those that choose the option of self protection.

That being said, this is especially SAD, because those that Goodwill are trying to help by providing employment are those being most affected by this policy, not the actual policy makers themselves.

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

I agree that ANY place of business that prohibits law abiding citizens from the legal and Constitutional right of the self protection of a handgun should not be patronized by those that choose the option of self protection.

Life is short and funds are even shorter. I'll not spend my money supporting asshattery of any kind.

Packfanatic

:)

Yup, as hypocritical as the other person trying to speak for the vast majority of license holders to lean on an organizations ability to post.

I do not give a ratz who patronizes what and what not. The Goodwill store in my area is not posted. Sometimes I carry and other times I do not. A posted premise does not infringe on my right to defend myself, if I do not like it I simply go elsewhere. Life is way too short, the pizz and moan attitude is not on my agenda.

I support business' that I like regardless of signage or lack of. You are right in saying that it is up to me.

It never ceases to amaze me that if someone's point of view does not mirror the majority on this forum, one is automatically labled a troublemaker and anti 2A and not a patriot and not for the cause, whatever the cause is.

If you have never done any time in the military, you will never know what the real meaning of excersizing your Constitutional rights is all about. If you in fact have served in the military, I will stand down.

Stand Down then. I got out of the service in 1970... did my time... and i am conservative.
All i attempt to do is use the purchasing power and the law to my advantage. Afterall, what if my wife and I were at a food place that did not allow CC or OC and I decided to eat there and then another luby's massacare started up? < this can happen anytime anywhere no place is immune. At least i would not have to run to my car and run back. That being said that is why i write letters to posted businesses in hope they understand that we are law abiding.. I alos helped by writing my local state reps for the CC bill and also for Castle domain and now i am in communication in hopes of changing the concealed carry laws to be very clear that a firearm in the interior of a motor vehicle is NOT a CONCEALED WEAPON.... So yes I am VERY active for CC and OC as well and if we do not complain or communicate then they do nothing in response. Do you do the same things i do? or do you just like to reap the rewards? I am betting it is the later of the two statements.. Over and out ....

Aknazer

Just because someone serves doesn't mean that they have a clue about the Constitition and the rights that it affirms. Two people that stick out to me while I've been in were especially clueless. One hated guns and didn't like us talking about guns and thought that no one should have them (she even hated the military having them but accepted it as a necessary evil). The other one thought that "reasonable restrictions" could be placed on the 2A in order to "protect" the public from stupid people even though he accepted that it says "shall not be infringed." Oh and there is the guy I was talking with yesterday that tried to say the Constitition isn't really a law and that since the people "can" pass an amendment to change it that it is ok to pass laws that are against the Constitition.

So just because you are willing to give up your rights doesn't mean that other people will do so quietly. And there was nothing wrong with what the op posted. He was letting the people at goodwill know that a large number of people would be made aware of them posting, but he didn't say that they would boycott the store. What the store should take from it is that their practices ARE pushing people away and that the numbers of people that this will affect are large enough to potentially have an adverse effect on their business.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

So does the prayer from Matthew 16:23, "“Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of G[o]od, but on the things of man.” For the elite deacons of the amen-corner.

bigdaddy1

One can assume by your written statement as quoted above that your belief that unless one serves in the military, one can not have an understanding of what it means to not only exercise your constitutional right but to defend that right. That tells at least me (not wanting to speak for the majority or minority) that you are what I like to call a military bigot.

You are able to choose for yourself whether or not to shop or donate at a Goodwill store, that is your right. It is also my right not to shop or donate there, that is my right. I didn't need to serve to understand that.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
If I felt unsafe going to my local Goodwill store, I simply would not enter said establishment.

Smart move IMO, but i gotta ask, do you have the ability to foresee when and where a criminal may attack so you know if you are going to need to defend yourself or not? If so, whats the trick so I do not need to carry my pistol around in these known safe places.

DocWalker

Smart move IMO, but i gotta ask, do you have the ability to foresee when and where a criminal may attack so you know if you are going to need to defend yourself or not? If so, whats the trick so I do not need to carry my pistol around in these known safe places.

That is why I have a magic 8 ball......."dam thing is stuck again"....It keeps telling me yes when I ask should I arm up when I leave the house? Smart magic 8 ball...smart.

HandyHamlet

Not even funny and entertaining asshattery? :confused::p

My definition of asshattery would be, butt not limited to:

Entertainers/authors/musicians who are cult members of Scientology and/or PeTA.

Any person or business who supports the tyrant Obummer.

Any person, business, local municipality or state, that infringes on my Constitutional Rights. Or names a highway after the convicted murderer (Tenn) Sen. Carl 0. Koella Jr., who was blind drunk and killed motorcyclist Terry Barnard. Then fled the scene.

Illinois.

Republicans AND Democrats. (except Pam Galloway for President)

Corporate, banking, investment, media, trading, and RMA thieves, robber barons, and usurpers of the American Middle class and Government...

Ketchup on hot dogs.

New York "style" pizza.

3D.

Pay TV.

And Shooters for consistently saying stupid **** about Open/Concealed carry...

These are a few of the things I can not in good conscience support monetarily, emotionally, or morally. Funny and entertaining is what we are in dire need of.

The Good Will by me is neither funny or entertaining.

:eek:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
^^^^^^^^
I'm gonna eat a hot dog smothered in ketchup next time I see you. I might even profess the virtues of Scientology while my mouth is full, projecting little ketchup covered hot dog bits in your general direction. :lol::lol:

HandyHamlet

I just spent a week with three longtime friends in my house. We played video games from dawn till midnight every day. X-boxes linked together. One ate only from a giant birthday cake he inexplicably purchased from the local supermarket bakery counter. It had real x-mas ornaments on it. They all refused to shower for the duration. Two of us left exactly once for ice cream.

My house smells of farts, bong water, stale beer, BO, cat litter, burnt electronics and despair.

I thought today was Wed.

I relish your offer Sir.

Last edited: