You'll get lots of comments about the lack of general OC here (only allowed under specific circumstances). CC laws are very relaxed compared to a lot of other states.
Your Missouri license will be valid here for 90 days after you establish residency. After that, you'll need to apply for a Florida CWFL. There's a regional office in Punta Gorda that can do everything for you...just need to have proof of training. Here's a link to the requirements/procedures:
Here's a basic list of no-carry places:
- any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05
- any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station
- any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse
- any courtroom*
- any polling place
- any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district
- any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof
- any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms
- any school administration building
- any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption*
- any elementary or secondary school facility
- any area technical center
- any college or university facility*
- inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport*
- any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law
Sorry, can't help with range info...haven't lived in that area since '82. You can visit this forum:
There are numerous folks on there from the Naples area.
Hope your transition is safe and uneventful. Welcome to the Gunshine State!