• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looks like I'm relocating to Naples, FL

ThePhotog

As the title states Naples is more than likely my retirement location. I'd like any information about OC / CC and range locations - in and outdoor.

Thanks in advance
ThePhotog

Last edited:

rvrctyrngr

You'll get lots of comments about the lack of general OC here (only allowed under specific circumstances). CC laws are very relaxed compared to a lot of other states.

Your Missouri license will be valid here for 90 days after you establish residency. After that, you'll need to apply for a Florida CWFL. There's a regional office in Punta Gorda that can do everything for you...just need to have proof of training. Here's a link to the requirements/procedures:
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html

Here's a basic list of no-carry places:

• any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05
    • any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station
    • any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse
    • any courtroom*
    • any polling place
    • any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district
    • any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof
    • any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms
    • any school administration building
    • any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption*
    • any elementary or secondary school facility
    • any area technical center
    • any college or university facility*
    • inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport*
    • any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law

Sorry, can't help with range info...haven't lived in that area since '82. You can visit this forum:
http://floridaconcealedcarry.com/Forum/index.php

There are numerous folks on there from the Naples area.

Hope your transition is safe and uneventful. Welcome to the Gunshine State!

im4Christ92

Welcome. The indoor range in Naples is closed; it went up in smoke. There is only one range in Collier county other than a club in everglades city. Port of the Isles down us41.

Sheriff's range is a joke with a 1:1 Barney to citizen ratio. If you are ex-LEO you will probably find it fun. I am not and I didn't.

Ft. Myers has 2 indoor ranges, Hansen range (outdoor, never made it there).

Just south of Punt Gorda is Babcock State Park which is a great place to shoot. Has several ranges, 100yd, handgun, 150-200 (I believe), and skeet.

Of course, if you know anyone with farmland, you maybe able to shoot there...make sure you share that location!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Jake8x7

Activist Member
While living in Naples for almost my entire life, I have never seen anyone OC (except me). Your best bet is either the Babcock ranch in punta gorda or one of those indoor ranges in ft myers (shoot straight etc) although i have never done so. If youd like to OC at the naples pier, Id be glad to join you in Im in town.

Also, you can only OC to, from, and during lawful fishing, hunting, camping, andtarget shooting. The only other places you can OC are generally places you can CC without a permit (home or fixed place of business). OC in vehicles has been a hot topic on OCDO, but I would say that generally OC in vehicles isnt legal (unless to and from fishing etc). Long guns are allowed anywhere in a private conveyence if they are for "lawful purposes" and handguns can be OCed without a permit and transported in vehicles if they are "securely encased. Securely encased means in a glove box locked or unlocked, center console locked or unlocked, snapped holster, zipper case etc.

Last edited:

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
J. Patrick Buckley is one of the finest firearms attorneys with whom it has been my privilege to work. He was instrumental in helping me (and Florida Carry) get one of our forum members' wrongful firearms charges entirely dismissed-- and he is in your area. There's one huge plus.

Jake8x7

Activist Member
J. Patrick Buckley is one of the finest firearms attorneys with whom it has been my privilege to work. He was instrumental in helping me (and Florida Carry) get one of our forum members' wrongful firearms charges entirely dismissed-- and he is in your area. There's one huge plus.

Took your advice and gave him a call. I have him on speed dial now when I get stopped in the middle of town on the way to the pier to fish...

Jake8x7

Activist Member

Took your advice and gave him a call. I have him on speed dial now when I get stopped in the middle of town on the way to the pier to fish...

Jake8x7