Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lobby Day 2012, Jan 16th - Be there!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Lobby Day 2012, Jan 16th - Be there!

Lobby Day and all of the excitement that goes with it will soon be here - where will you be?

A tremendous amount of hard work and coordination goes into this each year. This year we have the best opportunity to advance our goals that we have had in recent years. Much depends on YOU! We need the numbers (numbers are power) to show our elected representatives where we stand and what we expect from them.

There are other threads for carpooling, proposed bills - look over those and get a sense of things - find a way to stand with your brothers and sisters. Be part of the solution! Lobby Day, Monday, January 16th.

This is a sample of the 2010 event - lets make this year bigger, better and more successful..
    http://vimeo.com/34618841
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I will be there and i should have 4+ people i will be dragging along with me who OC

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJEEPER View Post
    I will be there and i should have 4+ people i will be dragging along with me who OC
    Do I need to bring the wide angle lens again?

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post

Don't be late.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

I will be there and I have 3 people carpooling with me. This is going to be awesome!!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    definitely a good idea

I will also have a full car. # 3 daughter and two from "here" (OCDO). River City first stop, then downtown for Tilting at Windmills...
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Quote Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP View Post
    I will also have a full car. # 3 daughter and two from "here" (OCDO). River City first stop, then downtown for Tilting at Windmills...
    Mike I hope to see you there. Probably wont make breakfast long ride from over here in Gods country. Leaving Shore at 0445 to get there by 0830. Lonely ride

My wife got me a shirt that says, "Gun don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets." Really tempted to wear it on Lobby Day but I think I'll restrain myself.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Founder's Club Member
    The wifester and I hope to be there again this year. There is a significant chance that I may not make it due to emergent work requirements, but I'm going to try for it. If I can't go I'm going to urge the wifester to join up with some of the others from Lynchburg. We need as much support as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    The wifester and I hope to be there again this year. There is a significant chance that I may not make it due to emergent work requirements, but I'm going to try for it. If I can't go I'm going to urge the wifester to join up with some of the others from Lynchburg. We need as much support as possible!
    That is an understatement!

We need to show our legislators the depth and breadth of our commitment - numbers do count!!!

I feel like everyone already knows this but where specifically is 'Lobby Day' being held? I would love to attend but I cant find where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by StoicMaverick View Post
    I feel like everyone already knows this but where specifically is 'Lobby Day' being held? I would love to attend but I cant find where it is.
    VCDL Lobby Day is on Monday, January 16th, 2012 from 9 AM to 1 PM.

As part of Lobby Day, VCDL will be holding a rally at the Bell Tower. It is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, so many of you have the day off.
    If not, be sure to ask your boss to give you that day off.

Lobby Day is a big deal in helping VCDL fight for your rights in the General Assembly, please plan on attending!

More details, including a list of speakers for the rally.

VCDL Lobby Day at the General Assembly Building in Richmond
    (241 N 9th Street, at the SE corner of Broad St. and 9th St)
    will be held on Monday, January 16th, 2012
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Since it is a state holiday, street parking (meters) is free; however, the demand for these will be high. There are numerous parking lots and decks within a short walk. The earlier one arrives the better insofar as parking is concerned.

The list of pro 2A bills appears to be lacking.
    I'm I missing something?

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?121+lst+ALL
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by Agent19 View Post
    The list of pro 2A bills appears to be lacking.
    I'm I missing something?

I believe these are the pre filed bills.

Only found 3: SB-4, SB-64 & SB-67.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I believe these are the pre filed bills.

Only found 3: SB-4, SB-64 & SB-67.

Here's is what I can find so far.. some of these are less than helpful from a my Pro 2A, Libertarian point of view.
    Some are down right damaging. You can decide for yourselves.

HB 14- Persons acting in defense of property; civil immunity provided for an occupant of dwelling, etc.

HB 22- Firearms; disposition thereof acquired by localities.

HB 25- Concealed handgun permits; confidentiality of permittee information.

HB 26- Concealed handgun permit; failure to produce upon demand of a law-enforcement officer, penalty.

HB 47- Persons acting in defense of property; civil immunity provided for an occupant of dwelling, etc.

HB 48- Castle doctrine; self-defense and defense of others.

HB 139- Concealed handguns; persons who may lawfully carry hidden from common observation, penalty.

HB 172- Hunting; knowingly trespassing while carrying a firearm, penalty.

HB 237- Criminal history record information checks upon handgun purchases; dissemination of information.

HB 288- Courthouses; exception from prohibition against carrying weapon for city and county treasurers

HB 364- Criminal history recordinformation; record check to be performed on prospective transferee

SB 4- Castle doctrine; self-defense and defense of others.

SB 26- Conservation police officers; clarifies authority.

SB 64- Castle doctrine; self-defense and defense of others.

SB 67- Concealed handgun permit applications; removes option for locality to require fingerprints.

HB 375- Firearms; workplace rules by localities.

HB 458 Control of firearms; libraries owned by localities.

HB 592 Criminal history record information check; exemption for concealed handgun permittees.

Not directly 2A related but does/can effect 2A
    HB 227- Expungement when a nolle prosequi is taken.

HJ 17- Constitutional amendment; restoration of civil rights to persons convicted of felonies, etc.

SB 26- Conservation police officers; clarifies authority.

SB 107- Freedom of Information Act; criminal investigative records

HB 369- Hunting on Sundays
    Last edited by Marco; 01-11-2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: updated 1/11

~Alan Korwin

Should have said only found 3 Senate bills - expected a lot more.

No Firearms Freedom Act bill?!

Question VCDL stance on any of the bills BEFORE lobby day?

I have my own opinion on the bills that I have seen/read.

I know Bills are still being filed but I was wondering if we are going to see a VCDL stance on any of the bills BEFORE lobby day?

~Alan Korwin

I know Bills are still being filed but I was wondering if we are going to see a VCDL stance on any of the bills BEFORE lobby day?
    Today and tomorrow should see some progress on this at the GA.

First the senate "issue" to address, then committees and chairmen, then bills to be introduced.

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar

First the senate "issue" to address, then committees and chairmen, then bills to be introduced.
    Grape---How does this response address what is the "VCDL stance" on the proposed bills? I must be dumb---I cannot understand what your response means, by addressing what the GA might do "today and tomorrow."
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia Joe View Post
    Grape---How does this response address what is the "VCDL stance" on the proposed bills? I must be dumb---I cannot understand what your response means, by addressing what the GA might do "today and tomorrow."
    Simple enough - until bills are introduced, it is hard to have a stance on them.

Very little of major report has been prefiled excepting Castle Doctrine submissions - I believe there are 3 such. None of them measure up and would be a huge step backwards from present case law. Constitutional Carry hasn't generated much positive response from the GA - don't think its time has come to VA yet.

The entire GA has been focused on the Senate Rules Committee and the effect their decisions will have on how bills are handled and by whom. It is a totally new ballgame. Therein lies the key to what bills are even worth submitting, much less supporting.

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    Simple enough - until bills are introduced, it is hard to have a stance on them.

and by whom. It is a totally new ballgame. Therein lies the key to what bills are even worth submitting, much less supporting.
    If this is true, then maybe our lobby day date is pre-mature. We have only a few days left now to learn and get conversant about what it is we are supposed to be doing as "lobbyists!" Hmmm?
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia Joe View Post
    If this is true, then maybe our lobby day date is pre-mature. We have only a few days left now to learn and get conversant about what it is we are supposed to be doing as "lobbyists!" Hmmm?
    Somewhat late to change the date and expect to have an analysis and further wish list at the meeting tonight.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast