• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lobby Day 2012, Jan 16th - Be there!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Lobby Day and all of the excitement that goes with it will soon be here - where will you be?

A tremendous amount of hard work and coordination goes into this each year. This year we have the best opportunity to advance our goals that we have had in recent years. Much depends on YOU! We need the numbers (numbers are power) to show our elected representatives where we stand and what we expect from them.

There are other threads for carpooling, proposed bills - look over those and get a sense of things - find a way to stand with your brothers and sisters. Be part of the solution! Lobby Day, Monday, January 16th.

This is a sample of the 2010 event - lets make this year bigger, better and more successful..
http://vimeo.com/34618841

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
I will also have a full car. # 3 daughter and two from "here" (OCDO). River City first stop, then downtown for Tilting at Windmills...
Mike I hope to see you there. Probably wont make breakfast long ride from over here in Gods country. Leaving Shore at 0445 to get there by 0830. Lonely ride :cry:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
My wife got me a shirt that says, "Gun don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets." Really tempted to wear it on Lobby Day but I think I'll restrain myself.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
The wifester and I hope to be there again this year. There is a significant chance that I may not make it due to emergent work requirements, but I'm going to try for it. If I can't go I'm going to urge the wifester to join up with some of the others from Lynchburg. We need as much support as possible!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The wifester and I hope to be there again this year. There is a significant chance that I may not make it due to emergent work requirements, but I'm going to try for it. If I can't go I'm going to urge the wifester to join up with some of the others from Lynchburg. We need as much support as possible!

That is an understatement!

We need to show our legislators the depth and breadth of our commitment - numbers do count!!!

Marco

I feel like everyone already knows this but where specifically is 'Lobby Day' being held? I would love to attend but I cant find where it is.

VCDL Lobby Day is on Monday, January 16th, 2012 from 9 AM to 1 PM.

As part of Lobby Day, VCDL will be holding a rally at the Bell Tower. It is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, so many of you have the day off.
If not, be sure to ask your boss to give you that day off.

Lobby Day is a big deal in helping VCDL fight for your rights in the General Assembly, please plan on attending!

More details, including a list of speakers for the rally.

VCDL Lobby Day at the General Assembly Building in Richmond
(241 N 9th Street, at the SE corner of Broad St. and 9th St)
will be held on Monday, January 16th, 2012

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Since it is a state holiday, street parking (meters) is free; however, the demand for these will be high. There are numerous parking lots and decks within a short walk. The earlier one arrives the better insofar as parking is concerned.

Marco

I believe these are the pre filed bills.

Only found 3: SB-4, SB-64 & SB-67.

Here's is what I can find so far.. some of these are less than helpful from a my Pro 2A, Libertarian point of view.
Some are down right damaging. You can decide for yourselves.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?121+lst+ALL

HB 14- Persons acting in defense of property; civil immunity provided for an occupant of dwelling, etc.

HB 22- Firearms; disposition thereof acquired by localities.

HB 25- Concealed handgun permits; confidentiality of permittee information.

HB 26- Concealed handgun permit; failure to produce upon demand of a law-enforcement officer, penalty.

HB 47- Persons acting in defense of property; civil immunity provided for an occupant of dwelling, etc.

HB 48- Castle doctrine; self-defense and defense of others.

HB 139- Concealed handguns; persons who may lawfully carry hidden from common observation, penalty.

HB 172- Hunting; knowingly trespassing while carrying a firearm, penalty.

HB 237- Criminal history record information checks upon handgun purchases; dissemination of information.

HB 288- Courthouses; exception from prohibition against carrying weapon for city and county treasurers

HB 364- Criminal history recordinformation; record check to be performed on prospective transferee

SB 4- Castle doctrine; self-defense and defense of others.

SB 26- Conservation police officers; clarifies authority.

SB 64- Castle doctrine; self-defense and defense of others.

SB 67- Concealed handgun permit applications; removes option for locality to require fingerprints.

HB 375- Firearms; workplace rules by localities.

HB 458 Control of firearms; libraries owned by localities.

HB 592 Criminal history record information check; exemption for concealed handgun permittees.

Not directly 2A related but does/can effect 2A
HB 227- Expungement when a nolle prosequi is taken.

HJ 17- Constitutional amendment; restoration of civil rights to persons convicted of felonies, etc.

SB 26- Conservation police officers; clarifies authority.

SB 107- Freedom of Information Act; criminal investigative records

HB 369- Hunting on Sundays

Last edited:

Marco

VCDL stance on any of the bills BEFORE lobby day?

I have my own opinion on the bills that I have seen/read.

I know Bills are still being filed but I was wondering if we are going to see a VCDL stance on any of the bills BEFORE lobby day?