• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just food for thought

Maine CWP Training

We post issues on forums related to all carry issues but limiting this forum to OC in Maine only limits MOCA growth. Been spanked a few times but thousands respond to our postings in other venues.

I thought Cabela's was not friendly to MOCA but now offering a $500 Gift Card? Hmmmm. Cabela's has always treated OC respectfully and noted them often like the recent Wreaths Across America event that garnered National Attention.

Do I see a retraction? Cabela's are great partners.

See you at Cabela's NRA Weekend January 21 & 22 for some great membership offers. Join the NRA for an annual Membership for $35 and we will give you a $25 Cabela's Gift Card, Magazine Subscription and a Gold NRA Shooters hat!

More at 11

jonjon_jon

We post issues on forums related to all carry issues but limiting this forum to OC in Maine only limits MOCA growth. Been spanked a few times but thousands respond to our postings in other venues.

I thought Cabela's was not friendly to MOCA but now offering a $500 Gift Card? Hmmmm. Cabela's has always treated OC respectfully and noted them often like the recent Wreaths Across America event that garnered National Attention.

See you at Cabela's NRA Weekend January 21 & 22 for some great membership offers. Join the NRA for an annual Membership for $35 and we will give you a $25 Cabela's Gift Card, Magazine Subscription and a Gold NRA Shooters hat!

More at 11

Grapeshot I didn't know this forum was limited to open carry only? I realize open carry is the goal as the name applies but will I get spanked for admitting I carry concealed more often then openly?

We're all gun owners how we carry within the law shouldn't separate us in my opinion.

Last edited:

Jeff_JMB

More at 11

Maybe I'm missing something in your complaint, but I get the feeling that you don't realize that this is the Maine Subforum on the OpenCarry.Org forums and that items about other states belong in their respective states' subforum and general discussion items belong in General Discussion subforum. If that's the case, if you click on the "Forum" tab at the top of the page the main forum index will open up.

jonjon_jon

"limiting this forum to OC in Maine only limits MOCA growth"

Paul your post has brought up whole bunch of topic's! I have had this discussion with Shane and others on this forum in private and public. If MOCA is going to hide from who we are and what we believe and why we support open carry, then what is the purpose? I have struggled with this very issue myself trying to take a somewhat of a leadership role to help further this cause. I have come to the conclusion that we must be truthful to ourselves before we can further our cause. We must state our positions and hope to change minds to support us rather than change our beliefs to further our goals. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be flexible or understand public concerns. We must articulate our positions in a way the the public understands why we feel the way we do. That may mean explaining our nation's founding and a belief in a God giving right to self defense to the public. In that sense I feel we're also a politico organization. (I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong) :)

Last edited: