• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane OC outtings?

p85-GSXwheelman

Hey, Im new to this whole forum business but would like to find out who all is OC'ing in Spokane these days. I OC everyday with the occasional CC depending on where im going that day. I want to know about outtings with fellow OC(ers)! Coffee? mall? let me know whats up! I cant stand ignorant ppl and thats why I choose to carry open....to help educate the public even if its only the occasional person who inquires about it.

Thor80

There's a few of us out here. We're due for some coffee soon. Last time it was just Snarly and I, but that was on short notice. Don't be afraid to set up your own outings and post it here. Fetch has a thread going to meet up with City Council and new Spokane mayor going on a different thread. Oh yea, dont forget to post in the Eastern WA OC thread about your outings/encounters. Its pretty uneventful out here but its good for new folks to read about where we go and see that there isnt a whole lot of negativity around Spokane regarding OC.

-Thor

p85-GSXwheelman

thanks thor80

Hey, thanks for the reply, at least I know I'm not alone over here. Haha id like to eventually friend spokane OC'ers on here. But I gotta navigate the site and play a little more before I know how it all works. Same goes for posting an outting or whatnot....didnt I post this thread in the correct state? I didn't see any breakdown for eastern/western WA tho... anyway....Thor80, Im Colton. Thanks again for the reply. I'm sure I'll see ya around. (Spokane ain't that big anymore....gettin smaller everyday I stay here lol)

Lammo

Hey, Im new to this whole forum business but would like to find out who all is OC'ing in Spokane these days. I OC everyday with the occasional CC depending on where im going that day. I want to know about outtings with fellow OC(ers)! Coffee? mall? let me know whats up! I cant stand ignorant ppl and thats why I choose to carry open....to help educate the public even if its only the occasional person who inquires about it.

Welcome to the Forum! There are occasional meets for coffee or lunch with notices posted here. The Donut Parade on Hamilton and the downtown Onion have been the locations in the past but I'm sure there are others out there that would welcome us. We have also had a picnic at Manito Park on the South Hill the last couple years. I'm sure we will try to do that again this coming summer/fall. Also, there have been OC tables at the Spokane Gun Show several times in the recent past. Don't know if anyone plans to be there this weekend. Off the top of my head the Spokane area OC posters have included (in no particular order) myself, Thor80, bennie1996, Orphan, fetch, SnarlyWino, Cubex DE, BobR, David.Car, and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone who is on here all the time but right now I'm having a brain cramp on who they are. I'm primarily a CC person due to where I work but will OC in warm weather whenever I can. Most of my OC time has been while riding my Harley; I've had more discussions about OC with people in Montana than I've had here.

Welcome again and I look forward to meeting you at a future event.

Mark.

Thor80

didnt I post this thread in the correct state? I didn't see any breakdown for eastern/western WA tho... anyway....

Hi Colton,
Yes you are in the correct state sub-forum. There isn't a breakdown, but there are multiple threads (topics in the Washington forum, like the thread that you started here.) where folks from different parts of the state post their daily/weekly/whenever experiences. It kind of keeps us all in the loop on where you may have issues with different businesses and who is supportive of OC. Or maybe just you went to Walmart and never got a sideways look while you were there.... Lammo posted in the Eastern WA OC report thread, it should be on the front page now. You can browse through that thread get an idea of others experiences with OC over here. Heres a link to that thread. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?78923-Eastern-WA-OC-Report

-Thor

o2ryan

Welcome to OCDO Colton!

I think others have sufficiently answered your questions. We are an informal bunch here and our numbers have not been able to warrant/support a regular monthly meeting, but feel free to propose something and undoubtedly someone will show up.

Hope to see you around soon.

p85-GSXwheelman

Hey great! Sounds good everyone! I will do my best to keep up on here! I think its awesone to have a way for all of us to share experiences etc... may dad is a CC kinda person, but I might be able to get him to tag along and "lose the jacket" if there's an outting. :)) I'm not sure how it would work out for everyone, but I was thinking about maybe trying to get something together at the service station for coffee. Its a bigger setting and they got fat kid treats and coffee! Haha over on neveda kinda by northpoint? Thoughts anyone?

Thor80

We're gonna meet at the donut parade on Hamilton/Illinois this Saturday the 14th. I dont know if they've set a time but we normally meet about 9am. You should come if you can. Fetch is working on setting up a council meet with the new Mayor of Spokane.

-Thor

p85-GSXwheelman

I'll certainly try to make it if I can get a babysitter. I'll plan on 9AM unless I hear otherwise...im assuming it wont be hard to spot other members? Make sure strong side is facing the door, or i will probably miss it! LOL And yea, I'll be on the lookout for that council meeting date also. I just randomly added a few of the names that Lammo said were locals....guess we'll see how that goes! haha