• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The NDAA vague enough for indefinite Citizen Rights violation?

Yance

It would be my opinion that by creating a law that voluntarily and forcefully eliminates any one of our rights as american citizens it would be grounds for the lawsuit, our government is getting waaaayyy too much power, and they are doing things without our concent, doesnt make me too happy. If this was voted on by WE THE PEOPLE it would have been immediately shot down.

stainless1911

Banned
Doesnt work that way anymore. If you protest, you might be sent to a FEMA camp. As of the 1st, they can hold you indefinitely without trial, thanks to Obama, which signed the measure "under great personal reservation".

PistolPackingMomma

What scares me, almost as much as this law, and our government, is those among us who claim we have nothing to fear; that we are simply overreacting.

nonameisgood

Please give the credit where it is due, to congress, who crafted and passed the measure signed by the President. To the greedy legislators who placed an unrelated amendment/rider into the required military bill. Until the President gets the line-item veto, it's an all or none signature. If he had not signed it, you would all be complaining about how he refused to pay our soldiers and sailors.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Point of legal procedure

all hail the supreme leader Obama!

There are plenty of Tyrants in D.C.
Remember, a bill cannot become a law without 1st being passed by both branches of the legislature ie {the House of reps [Republican majority control]} and the {Senate [barely controlled by the thin Democratic majority]} This goes to show that neither side is truly working in the best interests of "we the people" anymore.

Just my honest opinion.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Problem is, it IS the law now.

Yeah,

Now the issue will be how to get this illegal "law" tossed along with all the dim-witted so called servants of the people who voted it in. My God, don't these forking ice-holes ever look at the Constitution? Hell I'd be happy if any of them could remember the bill of rights! I guess as long as the elites are protected to hell with the peasants?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyieZRmjWQQ&feature=related

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
They look at the constitution, they know it like the demons know the Bible, better than most Americans.

History is repeating itself, and nobody is going to do anything about it.

Even here, we arent allowed to talk about how to fix it, and typing this sentence, might land me in some FEMA camp.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I'm not a big fan of Naomi Wolfe, but she pointed out something that made me take notice.

She pointed out that historically these kinds of laws end up being used by the political elites against each other.

I immediately thought of the Roman Republic, before the Roman Empire. As that Republic declined, say in the last forty years, ruling elites turned on each other. It wasn't a case of the elites beat up on the average citizen, it was elites jockeying for advantage and political power. It got kinda brutal. If you were a politically active elite in say the last 15 years of the Republic, your life and property were in potential danger.

I have a sneaking feeling the passage of this law is another step on the road to ruin.

Remember, as the Roman Republic declined, as the infighting between the elites progressed, it reached a point where Julius Caesar's could come to power, creating factions, and whose death could touch off a civil war, and his heir Octavian could become Augustus Caesar, the first emperor.

It wasn't a dictator seizing power in a single stroke. It was a progression of events, a deterioration in the political scene, each deterioration setting the stage for the next. It was the instability amongst the elites that brought it about, not tyranny aimed at the common citizen.

This law might be a milepost in our deterioration. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it is used and whether it is struck down. Don't forget we've already had one serious episode of ruling elites going after others--Lincoln tried to have Chief Justice Taney arrested; and did have some other elites arrested. So, its not like it can't happen here.

Last edited:

jeremy05

I have just briefly looked at this, but SO FAR looks ok to me. Criminals and Terrorists have way to many rights and ways to slip though our legal system. This looks like a ATTEMPT to close some gaps.

Ill be looking into it more.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I have just briefly looked at this, but SO FAR looks ok to me. Criminals and Terrorists have way to many rights and ways to slip though our legal system. This looks like a ATTEMPT to close some gaps.

Ill be looking into it more.
No offense, but try to look at it from a civil liberties point of view and not from a federal agents.

Tucker6900

No offense, but try to look at it from a civil liberties point of view and not from a federal agents.

+1000

From a law enforcement point of view, this is a good thing. Having the ability to arrest anyone for suspected terrorism would be great.....for law enforcement.

However, the mere protest against big government could land you in a federal prison...indefinitely....if a military judge deems that to be an act of terrorism.

The entire bill is a joke. For your next assignment, look up beastiality and the NDAA. There is a portion of this bill that repeals a previous law prohibiting sodomy and beastiality among military personnel. Kind of makes you wonder.......

fozzy71

Yeah,

Now the issue will be how to get this illegal "law" tossed ....

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h3676/show

[h=1]H.R.3676 - To amend the detainee provisions of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 to specifically state that United States citizens may not be detained against their will without all the rights of due process afforded to citizens in a court ordained or established by or under Article III of the Constitution of the United States.[/h]

OC for ME

To get the offending portion of the law struck down one needs to have a lawyer, go to trial, lose, then get your lawyer to file an appeal, and so on and so forth.....if you can't get past the first part, the having a lawyer part, the rest won't happen.