• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McDonnell "Unlikely to sign" guns on campus bill

VApatriot

I saw that last night, and it made me very unhappy. If that is indeed his true feels on the subject, then I am deeply disappointed in him. However, if we do get a bill passed in both houses, it does not need his signature to become law. We would only need him not to veto it, and it will still take effect.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I saw that last night, and it made me very unhappy. If that is indeed his true feels on the subject, then I am deeply disappointed in him. However, if we do get a bill passed in both houses, it does not need his signature to become law. We would only need him not to veto it, and it will still take effect.

Very true that it does not need to be "signed" to become law - just not vetoed. Such neutral position is indicative of his aspirations for higher office - leaves him the wiggle room that he did not promote it.

Our push on this needs to be with our legislators in both houses and not dwell on the governor's passivity. If we do our job effectively, this will IMO become a reality.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It's typical McDonnell.
Grapeshot's right, keep the pressure on the legislature.

VApatriot

Very true that it does not need to be "signed" to become law - just not vetoed. Such neutral position is indicative of his aspirations for higher office - leaves him the wiggle room that he did not promote it.

Our push on this needs to be with our legislators in both houses and not dwell on the governor's passivity. If we do our job effectively, this will IMO become a reality.

I do have a lingering fear that the Governor's indifference might lead to indifference among Republicans (particularly leadership) in the GA. Of course, that is where we come in to really put the pressure on, but the lack of executive backing (and even direct rejection) certainly isn't of any help.

PistolPackingMomma

Did anyone else read the title and think this was about McDonalds? LOL, thought I was gonna have to give up my Big Mac...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Crud. I've said it before - if your life ever depends on my typing skills, make your peace with God as you'll meet the deity shortly.

McDonalds = Home of the happy meal, and served as promised with a smile.

McDonnells = Not so much.