Thread: CalicoJack10 anyone?

CalicoJack10 anyone?

Haven't heard from CalicoJack10 since WI Carry started doing free CCW classes. Coincidence? Don't know the fellow, just wondering if anyone else does or thoughts on this.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Haven't heard from CalicoJack10 since WI Carry started doing free CCW classes. Coincidence? Don't know the fellow, just wondering if anyone else does or thoughts on this.
    Well, IIRC he bid us farewell and disappeared. He posted a long rant a few months back and ....well, that was it.

I think you can find what you are looking for here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-spiral-begins
    Last edited by rcawdor57; 01-06-2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Added link
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

I remember that he'd been working on creating the WI Carry course (which now appears to be mostly the WI DOJ course + a website), so I don't think he'd disappear because of that.

In the time leading up to him cutting off contact, I was increasingly concerned for his health & well-being, but I don't know how to reach someone who might help him.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

C-J is doing well........................

He just got sick of the infighting, and how everyone seems overly satisfied with gaining their ability to purchase a license to exercise a a god-given, and constitutionally guaranteed right, and how the push to reach the goal of constitutional carry has simply disappeared.

Getting a CC license should not have been the goal to be satisfied with, it should be seen as a step in the right direction of gaining full constitutional carry with optional permits for reciprocity.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    He just got sick of the infighting, and how everyone some people seem(s) overly satisfied with gaining their ability to purchase a license to exercise a a god-given, and constitutionally guaranteed right, and how the push to reach the goal of constitutional carry has simply disappeared.

Getting a CC license should not have been the goal to be satisfied with, it should be seen as a step in the right direction of gaining full constitutional carry with optional permits for reciprocity.
    My edit's in your quote.

His problem is perception. The core group here is not happy and is continuing to push. He also accused us of a lot of other crap, talked about the superiority of his training and implied we were ignoramuses for taking certain other training. In any case, although he made some valid points, most of his post was insulting and untrue.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 01-06-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Herr Heckler Koch
    Perhaps we should merge this with the other thread that has drifted to ex-military veterans.

Or, apropos today's news about Sec. Def. Leon Pain-in-the-assetta reducing armed services manning, where do y'all imagine all these trained elite troopers are going for their jobs? ?seicnega tnemecrofne waL

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Perhaps we should merge this with the other thread that has drifted to ex-military veterans.

Or, apropos today's news about Sec. Def. Leon Pain-in-the-assetta reducing armed services manning, where do y'all imagine all these trained elite troopers are going for their jobs? ?seicnega tnemecrofne waL
    Law enforcement agencies? Would be a good guess.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Herr Heckler Koch
    BINGO! Will they notice that their neighbors are legally armed citizens and not third world terrorists. You may beat their rap but you will not beat their ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    My edit's in your quote.

His problem is perception. The core group here is not happy and is continuing to push. He also accused us of a lot of other crap, talked about the superiority of his training and implied we were ignoramuses for taking certain other training. In any case, although he made some valid points, most of his post was insulting and untrue.
    You should have edited it further. From "some" to "one". The only person I have seen who was satisfied with the current outcome was lunchboxables the Troll. Otherwise I agree. Jack seemed enraged we could not drop everything to go up there and take his classes. Then on facebook he declared he was no longer training anyway???

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

This was my favorite part of his post:

And just so we are clear, if someone who thinks their training is good enough fires a weapon and a stray bullet comes in my direction, or that of my family, I will defend myself and my family!!!!!! Have a nice life all!!!

I didn't read CJ's post until now and I think it was insulting and condosending, and seemed to belittle those of us who do not look at training like him. I for one do not carry because I think I'm going to have to shoot my way out of every grocery store I go into for a gallon of milk and do a couple of cartwheels while changing clips like something out of Starsky and Hutch. I carry for the remote possibilty that I may need to use a handgun in an extraordinary situation. I also think most people who actually are carrying will do the best they can in that situation without his "style" of training, as he described it. There are very different backgrounds and some of us have been shooting guns since we have been knee high to a grasshopper, while some maybe not so much.

My wife took a course at NWTC for $60 and she said it was a very good course. It's funny that the course she took was cheaper that the "free" course he was offering.

I am also not happy about having to get a permit, but lets face it, we could have had it a lot, lot, worse. We have a pretty good law while we can all work on getting it changed. Saying we all gave up is BS and sounds like someone ranting because he was called out for saying he was giving free training, while it was not really "free".

Thanks for the replies. As far as Constitutional Carry, every journey begins with a single step I have heard, and a permit is that step. To try for Const. Carry right off was noble but unrealistic in a state that has been CC free longer than any other if I'm not mistaken. Also the focus on our overall country and liberty has taken a lot of our energies and attention as of late.
    Ironically lately, I carry more just to exercise my rights more than for protection. I am not the easiest target in both stature and awareness so I feel I am must less at risk than a woman or elderly person. I have missed the companionship of a gun since the military and I feel like a free man while carrying as apposed to a loyal subject. I can certainly understand CJ's frustration but find it better to work together than to let the anti make us fight one another. The next two years will tell the tale.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    This was my favorite part of his post:
    Yeah, he went off the deep end. So sad.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

I said before, and will say it again. Wars are not won with a single battle. I got the feeling that many would have prefered the continuance of a right denied rather than a step forward.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Thanks for the replies. As far as Constitutional Carry, every journey begins with a single step I have heard, and a permit is that step. To try for Const. Carry right off was noble but unrealistic in a state that has been CC free longer than any other if I'm not mistaken. Also the focus on our overall country and liberty has taken a lot of our energies and attention as of late.
    Ironically lately, I carry more just to exercise my rights more than for protection. I am not the easiest target in both stature and awareness so I feel I am must less at risk than a woman or elderly person. I have missed the companionship of a gun since the military and I feel like a free man while carrying as apposed to a loyal subject. I can certainly understand CJ's frustration but find it better to work together than to let the anti make us fight one another. The next two years will tell the tale.
    If you listened to public testimony for being able to carry, it was overwhelming for Constitutional Carry. Out reps thought it was "prudent" to go with a stupid piece of paper to "appease" the left after what they had done to fix our state's budget.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Herr Heckler Koch
    Until 1996 gun carry was illegal in South Carolina. In 1996 the Law Abiding Citizens Self-Defense Act was passed, making concealed carry a permitted privilege, it was thought a first step to Constitutional Carry. Open carry in South Carolina is still illegal in 2012, nearly twenty years later. The grassroots rights group that passed the CWP law has been made quite ineffective by the local affiliate of the national gun trainers organization.

There were grand arguments of whether "eating an elephant in bites or swallowing it whole was more effective." Our vice-president and director of legislative action is retiring from 'activism' to concentrate on the legal defense of the grass roots organization.

Wisconsin has largely unrestricted open carry and has had it for a while..

We can (and will) call again for constitutional carry in Wisconsin. Just because we have licensed carry now doesn't mean the game is over, this is only one quarter in the game.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    I said before, and will say it again. Wars are not won with a single battle. I got the feeling that many would have preferred the continuance of a right denied rather than a step forward.
    You have summed up the issue here, and rest assured that this is not just an issue in Wisconsin. Remember the quote about about how to change laws: all that is required is a tireless minority, keen to set brushfires in the hearts and minds of the populace.